Thoughts on our Prey

Plans, operations, and intentions

Moderator: Imarë

Postby Lord Ewen » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:44 pm

The fire idea has merit (wasn't that strategem used with some success in the seige Dave previously alluded to in Orbaal?), but I wonder if one of the outbuildings would be a better target. More likely to be wooden, for one thing, and more or less likely to achieve the intended effect. And perhaps Bevan, as a Laranian herself (albeit a tepid one), would be more at ease in not compounding the major sins of killing high priests with the minor sin of firing the place of worship :twisted:

As for a disguise, if the visit to the service is kept as an option, perhaps hair can be dealt with via whatever headgear happens to be in fashion among the female commoners. If the plan is to dress down, as it were, which I think is the sensible way to go, then the woolen attire may be supplemented by some form of napkin upon the head :P

BTW, if we take this route, it would seem sensible for Bevan to attend the service, as she will know when to kneel. :wink: Ewen and Imarë are likely to give the game away by looking clueless, unless attending with Bevan I suspect.

The notion of snatching some poor defenseless person for the sake of obtaining info about the details of the abbey should certainly be on the table. We will need to act fairly fast on the heels of taking that move, of course, but then speed seems to be the agreed-upon method anyway.

And I have, at this point, taken counsel from my peers and have abandoned my concerns about meeting Palgren in Avertu. 'Nuff said. 8)
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:04 am

I have also thought of fire, but it could be a two edged sword depending on the level of paraoia. It could act as a diversion and bring everybody out to fight it, perhaps making way for us to sneak into the bedrooms of our targets and be waiting for them when they return. It could also trigger them to have guards put on their doors and not stir from their rooms if they think that somebody is after them. I thought that our friend the serolon did not seem the paranoid kind. He was convinced in his cause and that Larani would be pleased. I would go ahead and support the fire plan but it could backfire (excuse the pun) on us. The concept of an outbuilding is a good one, we want to draw people away and not light up the vacinity where we plan to be (in addition to religious sensibilities).

I had not thought of "questioning" somebody before. It does, however, make great sense. This would probably require, depending on how well we are able to keep ourselves cloaked so we cannot be recognized. If the object can identify us, an industrial accident may need to be arranged (maybe burned in a fire...).

Depending on the layout of the quarters, we may have to divide into teams to get both targets. I do not see us being able to count on taking the targets unawares (asleep) and killing quietly. This will mean that if we go as a group, the second target may be able to prepare to fight, get away, or summon help in order to stop us. It would be great if we were able to get a sleeping draft into the guards dinner but I don't count on that.

On the getaway front, if we get there by boat and scout the targets and think we are going to try it quickly, maybe a delay in the ship leaving is in order. If we think it will take time to set things up, we could send word to go ahead and leave. The only problem I see is that the ship has a name on it and could be recognized. We want anonimity. Thoughts??
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Bevan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:28 pm

Imarë wrote:On the getaway front, if we get there by boat and scout the targets and think we are going to try it quickly, maybe a delay in the ship leaving is in order. If we think it will take time to set things up, we could send word to go ahead and leave. The only problem I see is that the ship has a name on it and could be recognized. We want anonimity. Thoughts??

I am leery of having the ship wait for us as well. When we arrive we can find out if there are other ships heading out of port. That could be another deciding factor on when we strike. If we are hoofing it to Chendy we will need to factor in the travel time on land as well. The other options would be to depart on foot and head towards another town other than Avertu. We will then need to bring provisions and Bevan is pretty good at bagging an animal for dinner. It could be rough but it couldn't worse than being locked up in a prison for a month.
Bevan
Squire
Squire

Postby Imarë » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:37 pm

I do agree that going on our own feet would be the way to go. We don't want people to remember anything about us if we can help it. A ship just waiting in a small port can cause questions. I just brought it up because in the past we had discussed it waiting for us. I also think it would be best to avoid Avertu once we strike. We need to make sure that we have the provisions needed for a trip away from civilization for awhile. Between the two huntresses we could eat off the land, but remember everything is more difficult in winter.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Previous

Return to I Dare Do all that May Become ...