Comments on Proposed Rule Amendments

Plans, operations, and intentions

Moderator: Imarë

Comments on Proposed Rule Amendments

Postby Imarë » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:29 pm

I have read them and am mulling them over myself. I will make my comments later but wanted to make the forum available to those who wish to opine.
"Hello Sir Baris. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Sir Baris. Forever... and ever... and ever."
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 pm

I'll anticipate Teddy by wondering aloud why no Battlelore provision for priests of Sarajin? I would imagine some battle seasoning would be requisite for the purposes of holding sufficient standing with one's, er, flock.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Sir Ewen wrote:I'll anticipate Teddy by wondering aloud why no Battlelore provision for priests of Sarajin?

Good addition - I concur.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:14 pm

I have some idea of what to say now (on at least one topic). That is the skill mastery level. While I see the reasoning for keeping the numbers down, I also see that players would not like it much. There seems to be no provision for the economic/social back round of the character. For instance, Sir Baris was probably squired and spent much of his time working on the military arts. If he were the son of a farmer, more of his time would have been spent in other pursuits (growing food etc). I think that this would play across the board for all professions and backrounds. My proposal would be different modifier tables for different environments. This also does not seem to take into account a special aptitude for certain things. Perhaps a roll to see if the new modifier would not apply would be in order. If it were based on a small range (lets say 95 to 100), the vast majority of skills would be more limited but give the chance that it would not be (more satisfying to players in my mind). Maybe a modifier table would be in order (1-10 1-25 etc) and have each number give a different OML for the player. It would make the characters more distinct from each other and more like real life. It might be too cumbersome but those are my ideas on the subject.
"Hello Sir Baris. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Sir Baris. Forever... and ever... and ever."
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Return to I Dare Do all that May Become ...