Face Time

Plans, operations, and intentions

Moderator: Imarë

Postby Imarë » Thu May 20, 2010 1:42 pm

If Lord Morgan's plans have come to a successful conclusion, a viking horde should be on their way at any time. I can't see him failing in his attempt to stir them up. Being where we are, news would be slow in reaching the place (in my opinion) because of it's remoteness. Maybe if Kaelyn remembers someone who lives in the environs of Olokand, she could scrye them to see what is going on in the great north? One would think the remaining members of the Laranian fighting order would have heard of anything like this and it would probably be a big topic of discussion. In a similar vein, the Earl of Neph might be a good target to see what he is doing about the marriage thing.

The help and message were not really aimed at your feudal superiors but a certain pregnant female who seems concerned with your health :). It is the fact that nobody knew we were being held before that was one of the main problems. Even pro-forma complaints would help (in my opinion) to maintain your innocence. Maybe we should get Filan to work on a complaint to the King should this imprisonment continue. Even if neither party (King and Archbishop) were motivated to help Sir Ewen, their positions as his feudal superiors is being called into question by the Earl and if they do nothing it would look bad to all of the others.
"Hello Sir Baris. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Sir Baris. Forever... and ever... and ever."
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Thu May 20, 2010 4:19 pm

The last detailed conversation regarding the plan we are discussing took place between Rahel and Ewen almost nine months ago, so our knowledge is rather old. At the time, Rahel was skeptical about Para's take on the prospects for a number of reasons. Nevertheless, she thought likely targets if things worked out might be Tonot, a vassal of Balim's, or the manors around Gardiren (Neph's castle), farther south. You are correct that Olokand would be much closer to those settlements than Minarsas. At the time, she thought Sir Ewen should strive to be in Gardiren in the spring, but that was before a certain amount of water had passed beneath the bridge betwixt Ewen and Neph. Still, if we get out of the present predicament and make it through the wedding feast, wouldn't it be nice to call on the famous gourmand on his home turf? 8)
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Sat May 22, 2010 12:25 pm

If this be true, I would recommend that Kaelyn then focus on the Earl of Neph. If somebody is attacking his lands, he would be high on the list to be notified. Unless the Ivinians are just looking for jobs the Kaldorans won't do...
"Hello Sir Baris. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Sir Baris. Forever... and ever... and ever."
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Sat May 22, 2010 1:13 pm

I do agree. As well, elements of the situation at Minarsas make scrying Neph of interest, although the time delay entailed in the round trip distance between Minarsas and Gardiren means Neph will be in the dark regarding recent developments in his schemes.

However, for the nonce I think Kaelyn's initial impulse to scry for Sir Ewen upon his arrest was sound. :)
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Previous

Return to I Dare Do all that May Become ...