Day of the Party

Plans, operations, and intentions

Moderator: Imarë

Day of the Party

Postby Imarë » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:06 am

As we all know from the session, the party is coming up the day when we begin (or shortly, depending on how we procrastinate). As I recall, the invitation is for the Ravinargs along with Sir Baris and myself. Should we discuss anything about this or go in cold? Except for this, I don't recall anything coming up unless you count the unfortunate accident about to happen next door :twisted: (I have full faith in Sir Harth and his merry minions).

I know Sir Baris must decide to either stay or take a room at his new establishment. Imare is considering engaging a room herself as she has given hers in Raven Hall to the Lady of the houses aunt. Sitting in the common room night after night has little appeal.

Let's see if we can have a discussion about these or any other topics people might want to bring up.
"Hello Sir Baris. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Sir Baris. Forever... and ever... and ever."
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:42 am

I believe we have reached a new low. Does this mean nobody has anything to say?
"Hello Sir Baris. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Sir Baris. Forever... and ever... and ever."
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:43 am

I wouldn't mind a recap of the party's objectives, especially since so many of the initial ones have been achieved.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:00 pm

Personal, group, or both?
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm

Group. I know the personal ones.
Matt
The GM

Postby Sir Baris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:23 pm

As per the notes, I have that the next day will be Peonu 5, and the principal thing will be Lady C’s party.

I'm working on the notes now, and I just came back to the part where, after a long discussion of Thilisa's security with Harth and Dickon, Ewen says:

“I should add that the kidnapper of Lady Thilisa is holed up in the house next to Raven Hall,” Sir Ewen added casually.

Still hilarious. :)

My personal aims are going very well- I own land! Two parcels! It would be nice to have a manor someday, though. But it's only been a few days since I got the apartment, and a day or so since I bought the tavern, so Sir Baris is still high on life. (Not that he minds getting high on alcohol as well. :) )

As far as I know, our group goals remain screwing up Tharda, and as we discussed a bit the last couple sessions, Ewen's marriage to Thilisa goes a long way to doing that. At least, once the Earl kicks it and Thilisa inherits.

Actually, quick question. Matt may have already answered this. How definite, legally, is Thilisa's inheritance of the earldom? Of course, there might be some power struggle at the time, but in the absence of that what would happen per the law of Kaldor?
Vemion delenda est.
Sir Baris
Squire
Squire

Postby Imarë » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Kaldor uses, I believe primogenitor. A son would take priority over Thilisa but other than that it would have to be high treason for the King not to allow her to inherit. Osel was different because she was only married to the Earl and had born no children. Thilisa herself told her father, who did not dispute it, that she would be Earl after his death. He might not like it and if his wife were younger and was not in a coma he could have tried to produce another male heir, who would supplant Thilisa. If thilisa died it would then legally go to Camissa unless Thilisa produces an heir, male (preferably) or female (and be back in the same spot). The Earl's family name dies out with him.

I think our broad goals remain the same, get money and power. Land and jewels fall into these categories. As our means we have joined the anti-independent Kaldor, pro-Tharda faction led quite capably by the mysterious Lord Morgan in the name of the Thardan crown, currently occupied by Arren II. The occupant may die but the Parkhursts go on forever. While the Father of our country slept everywhere seemingly, the Father of Tharda slept with everyone (female). It would be nice to kill the Earl of Neph but that is an incidental goal. It might be a plan to go after his family and make him suffer personal losses (leaving his wife in excellent health since they seem to despise each other). Can Kaelyn produce saltwater? It might be fun to irrigate his prize rose bushes with this to kill them...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Ninety nine martinis on the wall,
Ninety nine martinis,
Take one down, pass it around,
Ninety eight martinis on the wall...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Well that's a new one.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:53 pm

I could not see you and bottles of beer...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 pm

No, of course not.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:12 am

Since no one seems to be paying the slightest bit of attention (except the benevolent and wise GM that is) I am going to stop.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:25 pm

I hold you redeemed - you made a valiant effort. 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 am

Any of the deaf/mutes have anything to add?
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Return to I Dare Do all that May Become ...