On Our Return From the Fat Farm...

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

On Our Return From the Fat Farm...

Postby Imarë » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:58 pm

Now that we have escaped the clutches of the Chief Loon of the Selvos Temple of Larani, we have to decide what to do next. I believe that all have agreed that a report to Sir Auram about both the Morgathian activity and the Laranian is in order. We need to see what, if any, more detailed information about the Morgathian religion that we can (who can generate "The Shadow", if anybody knows what the various undead are able to do (other than put Boraga out of business) etc). A detailed list of questions to research would probably be good. Once this is done and we return to Golotha, we should decide what to do next in our investigations there. Any good ideas?

As for our recent incarceration, what are peoples thoughts on our public and private reactions. Much as Sir Baris wishes to throttle the priest, it would not be good to voice this in the open. If the church or government are going to see to some meaningful punishment, that is fine. During post session debriefing it was mentioned that Bevan (in particular) has made an enemy in this man. It might not be safe for any of us to have him roaming anywhere but the local funny farm (or it's equivilent). We might have to do something for our personal protection. Imare, upon long chanting to her bowl in the woods, has come away from the desire to rip his heart out. She would like to see him suffer some concequences and a slap on the wrist is not suitable for her current level of anger (more bowl time in the future). I believe we all know where Sir Baris stands on this issue. What do Ewen and Bevan feel is the next appropriate step?

I believe that the action we just went through should teach us to always leave some indication of where we are going and when we are do back when we go somewhere (on more of a daily basis in the city, a return by or message date if we leave the city). A will might also be in order here with the closeness of our call.

On a separate but related topic, does anybody wish to purchase a nice little gift for Rahel as thanks? Any thoughts in this are would be appreciated (no, I will not give her my necklace so put it out of your minds right now).
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Re: On Our Return From the Fat Farm...

Postby Matt » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:15 pm

Imarë wrote:We need to see what, if any, more detailed information about the Morgathian religion that we can (who can generate "The Shadow", if anybody knows what the various undead are able to do (other than put Boraga out of business) etc).

If you've listened to the various personages who are familiar with Morgathianism, you will have realized that there is nothing you have learned that is not known to them. Indeed, it's clear you're playing catchup.

Imarë wrote:Much as Sir Baris wishes to throttle the priest, it would not be good to voice this in the open.

From your own statements, Imarë would very much like to help ... ;)

Imarë wrote:During post session debriefing it was mentioned that Bevan (in particular) has made an enemy in this man.

It was? News (in particular) to the GM ...

Imarë wrote:On a separate but related topic, does anybody wish to purchase a nice little gift for Rahel as thanks?

Clearly you owe her big time.

Imarë wrote:Any thoughts in this are would be appreciated (no, I will not give her my necklace so put it out of your minds right now).

Are you suggesting that this is too much compensation? Indeed, what is the value of five lives ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Lord Ewen » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:26 pm

As considerably more time has passed since our departure for Selvos than we perhaps anticipated, I think we should reassess whether anything of note has changed in Golotha in regard to the Morgathian / Agrikan question. Has there been a march while we were gone, and if so are the marches proceding just as they did under the auspices of the Agrikan city patrols? What's the status of the guy keeping a watch on the Agrikan stronghold (has he killed the servants? is there word on Ewen's old partying comrades?) Was the Morgathian activity we uncovered in Selvos part of a larger pattern of coordinated activity (which seemed to be the implication of Sir Auram's report)?

Certainly Sir Auram might have insight into some of these issues, and the nature of his wishes for Bevan might have changed with an entire month passing, so perhaps it would be premature to spin these things out too far. Having said that, it seems we have time to discuss, prior to next session, how to procede if Bevan is told to continue with the process of assessing Morgathian activity in and around Golotha.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:02 pm

Without discussing Sir Auram at all, it does seem that an activitty for the next session is to address the issues Van raises in the first paragraph.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:26 pm

Imare agrees with Ewen's thoughts on this topic. Getting a refreshed view of what is going on in the city is a good idea. I don't know how we would be able to tie this activity with what happened in Selvos unless we were somehow able to tie the merchant with Golotha. A foray by Karl & Co. might be in order here. We might also wish to determine if Borana has returned to her shop or not also. We are going to Coranan in the near future and perhaps a stop to see if Parman is back and has heard anything from his cousin might be in order also. I anticipate that there has been at least one march toward the temple on the hill, I think it is a monthly ritual. It would be interesting to find out (I don't know how) if there are more than one way to bring the shadow like our friend in Selvos did or if this means there was an Amorvis roaming Golotha (could it have been the same one?). The name or description of the scarred man might mean something to a merchant here (or at least a mercantyler). I hate to keep running to Parqu for such mundane things (especially when it seems this is not his purview). A return of the Solata right now might be helpful.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:37 pm

Imarë wrote: A return of the Selata right now might be helpful.

I followed to here - how does the Selata help? Money? The ship? She's too large to navigate the Thard River safely if that's what you were thinking.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:40 pm

To sell the cargo I belive that mercantiles will be involved. A question or two at the same time would be less obvious than just coming out and asking.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:00 pm

Imarë wrote:To sell the cargo I belive that mercantiles will be involved. A question or two at the same time would be less obvious than just coming out and asking.

I see. Of course you realize that it's likely to be Arvind of Aerth who handles whatever transaction it might be ... 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:46 pm

Well, it seem to be Parqu who is a little more high strung. It can always be dangerous to ask questions (our advetures in Laranism should be an object lesson here). Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:56 am

We also seem to have forgotten Baya once again (MIA). Do we search or do we think of Disney's "Incredible Journey" and wait for her to pop up on her own.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:19 am

Imarë wrote:We also seem to have forgotten Baya once again (MIA). Do we search or do we think of Disney's "Incredible Journey" and wait for her to pop up on her own.

She's been missing for a month in Selvos now, and no one mentioned looking for her before you left.

As to the IJ, Bevan has moved around so much, it's hard to know what the hound would think of as home ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Ardeth » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:27 am

You lost the dog!? Well at least you didn't leave her tied to the bumper when you drove off...
Ardeth
Captain
Captain

Postby Imarë » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:53 pm

Ardeth, to be truthful, the dog lost us. Here we were surrounded by a company of the Checkered Shield demanding immidiate surrender and off the dog runs (smart beast considering where we ended up). We spent the next month on either half rations or less having the priest of Larani performing a version of the Spanish Inquisition trying to get us to admit to being Morgathian stooges or worse. When we would not confess, he left us to die in his secret dungeon of starvation. If it had not been for a person (Rahel of Aerth) we would all have died, we were all very close to death when the constable of the castle forced his way in and searched for us. Nobody was at their peak when we left as quickly as we were physically able.

Since we did not come by land when we arrived, her following a trail back to Golotha is remote (unless she follows Sir Baris's). A return to Selvos is not a high point in Imare's desires at this point, some of those people are crazy (and not in a good way either).
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:10 pm

Greetings, Ardeth, and happy to find you looking in on us! Hope you are well.

As for returning to Selvos, Ewen is charged by the Aramia there with returning to her with some report on his embassy to Elessa of Aerth. Of course, no one else is obliged to accompany, but perhaps I'll leave a detailed itinerary with you guys if forced to travel alone, just in case I'm inexplicably delayed... :shock:
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:11 am

Ewen, Imare will go with you to at least the outskirts of Selvos. I don't know if any purpose is served by going back to visit the arena after escaping the lions (at least openly). Leaving an itinerary sounds like a very good plan, and having somebody in the area would probably also be good. Would it be a sound idea to split the party, some going to Selvos and some to Coranan or should the team stay whole? I know the last time I mentioned splitting up to do more than one thing there was an object to keeping the party together (the big reveal). If this is going to be more than just reporting and delivering we should keep together, if not we can just keep a lower profile. What do all of you think about the possibilities? Bevan would be able to look for Baya if she went to Selvos and I am not sure that anybody else would be able to bring her back. She also needs to go to Coranan to report to Sir Auram in the not too distant future (the Morgathian activity and the out of control Laranian priest). Sir Baris needs to visit Coranan to pick up his armor before it goes onto the bargain rack and he looses his deposit (plus putting him in the vacinity of a person he wants to remove the lungs from might not be a good idea). Imare, while still upset about our little adventure does not wish death on the man and is willing to wait to see what happens through official channels (he violated Royal law, which provides religous tolerance to all religions and he did this to someone he knew was an agent of the government and another was a knight). It sounds like he has gone to ground and is unwilling to leave the confines of his temple.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Ardeth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:52 pm

Imarë wrote:Ardeth, to be truthful, the dog lost us. Here we were surrounded by a company of the Checkered Shield demanding immidiate surrender and off the dog runs (smart beast considering where we ended up). We spent the next month on either half rations or less having the priest of Larani performing a version of the Spanish Inquisition trying to get us to admit to being Morgathian stooges or worse. When we would not confess, he left us to die in his secret dungeon of starvation. If it had not been for a person (Rahel of Aerth) we would all have died, we were all very close to death when the constable of the castle forced his way in and searched for us. Nobody was at their peak when we left as quickly as we were physically able.

I can't wait to read the session notes for that one :P
Ardeth
Captain
Captain

Postby Ardeth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:55 pm

Ewen wrote:Greetings, Ardeth, and happy to find you looking in on us! Hope you are well.

I will be following along from home, as it were, for a while yet.
Ardeth
Captain
Captain

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:30 pm

Ardeth wrote:
Imarë wrote: We spent the next month on either half rations or less having the priest of Larani performing a version of the Spanish Inquisition trying to get us to admit to being Morgathian stooges or worse. .

I can't wait to read the session notes for that one :P

Ya know, these criminal types always leave out persnickety details. Like the one that they had just emerged from the secret Morgathian temple ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:02 pm

Hey, I did not see a "No Trespassing" sign on that temple. Besides, it is not illegal in the Kingdom to be a Morgathian. We could sue about religous discrimination.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:26 pm

I seem to recall that Ewen trousered the key to the room with all of the dead bodies, and was subsequently captured with the circumstancial evidence on his person. Memo to self: in future, ask Karl to pocket any evidence :twisted:
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:24 pm

Any reply as to what we should do? Do we stay together as a group or do we split up? If we stay together, which is first, the Coranan run or fulfilling Ewens obligation to revisit the temple in Selvos (no, not that one hopefully). What should we do around Golotha to check on changes in the city? Visit the various places? Visit Boraga and Nicola? I am sure that Sir Auram is aware of any changes (the knight at the Agrikan house I am sure makes regular reports). Do we rush off to see Sir Auram? How do you others feel about a thank-you gift to Rahel, she did really save our bacon.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Bevan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:06 pm

If we don't all need to head to Coranan than I think it will be fine to split up. Depending on how quickly I see Sir Aurum, the trip should really only take a total of 4 days. I know Sir Baris needs to get his armor. Is there any other business in Coranan? I would like to make this trip soon rather than putting off.

As for a thank you for Rahel, are you thinking a social occasion, fancy gift, ...? I don't think she would care for a large public display. Depending on what you had in mind I don't think there is a real need to do anything. She seems to be fully aware that we will repay the favor and she will make it to her best advantage. We do need to return the horses. Is Ewen planning to take part in this? Perhaps you would have a chance to meet with Rahel? I wouldn't mind joining you if you are. Although I am not entirely sure I would add anything to this as she has always been more curious with Ewen.
Bevan
Squire
Squire

Postby Lord Ewen » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:06 pm

I am ok with the party splitting, unless people think there is more business to transact in Selvos beyond Ewen's return visit to the Aramia. Of course, Elessa of Aerth indicated that her reply would be ready in a few days, and I think Bevan should get a move on in reporting to Sir Auram, so the option of Ewen going to Coranan is not foreclosed.

As for Rahel, I tend to agree that the favor will be called in eventually, and she seems the type that may look askance at an amateurish gesture of gratitude. Unless we can think of a particularly clever way of saying thanks, my vote would be for letting the lady make the first move in this. Similarly, Ewen can certainly be involved in returning the horses, but one has the sense from previous interviews that one needs to be on one's toes in dealing with the lady. Any ideas on what our goals with Rahel should be?
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:19 pm

I was not suggesting that a gift would make the marker we owe her any smaller, just show her that we are thankful (I don't think FTD delivers in Golotha). If you others think it would be counter-productive than I shall not continue.

I don't think there are "goals" to be acheived with Rahel. There is just too much unknown there. We will flutter about knowing just what she wants us to know unless we happen to fall into information again (like with Jarop).
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:33 pm

I believe we have already done the requisite verbal thanking, and she wryly cut to the chase, acknowleging that we owe her a boon. Dignity (what little we have after last session) seems to suggest that we leave it there for now in terms of the thanking department.

I entirely concur that Rahel is quite flawless in maintaining the upper hand, and our recent plight only ramifies this. I suspect, as Dave indicates, that she will do the shaping of the relationship between herself and the group on her own terms, and that there may be some futility in our attempting to steer things too strongly. Ewen can, of course, return the horses just to see if she makes a move in whatever game she is playing...
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Next

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...