Just To Clear The Baffles:

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Just To Clear The Baffles:

Postby Imarë » Mon May 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Now that we have accepted the third of the pasts of Sir Ewen, Imare wants to make a statement. While she understands the reasoning behind Sir Ewen's deception she does not wish it to occur again. If Sir Ewen does not want to discuss something that is fine but the next major "revision" of the story will drive her back to the Shava Forest. There are no threats attached here, just the statement that she does not like being manipulated like this anymore. Any final revelations should take place now. She can always come out to sample humanity in another century or two so she is in no rush.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Mon May 22, 2006 4:59 pm

But think of the stories she'd have to tell!

Besides, I don't recall Imarë being all that forthcoming about the elf business, and the "no one asked" does have a rather Nixonian ring to it ... :wink:
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Mon May 22, 2006 6:32 pm

The difference is that this has happened more than once. I forgive that, accepting the need. Any more would, to Imare's view, be excessive. I don't mind secrets but outright lies are what she does not like within the group. That's all I want, no lies. Forewarned is forearmed.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Fri May 26, 2006 5:15 pm

Agreed. After all, Ewen's disclosures on the morning the last session started were not entirely necessary, just because his parentage had been exposed the day before. His decision to tell the rest of the story was actuated by the pragmatics of the present situation; further dissimulation would be counter-productive given the arena the group is now operating within. The decision to bring the others into his confidence was driven by the need to work from here on out as a tight unit, and not at cross-purposes, which I believe is what Imarë is driving out here anyway.

Having said that, I can't of course promise that you know every iota about my character, any more than I do about yours. I will claim the belief, however, that the playing field is probably approximately even in terms of undisclosed issues at this point, and any further information which comes up will not be anywhere near so fundamental in nature. I can quickly think of a mystery or two presently afoot regarding each of your characters, as well, so fair is, after all, fair.

But. You now know the type of man you are dealing with in Ewen, and the lineage which led to him. So caveat lector. You are now in his confidence, and you know quite a bit. You will either continue to remain in his confidence, and we'll be working as an indivisible team together, or he'll likely have to ... resolve the situation. Just stating what should be obvious. (And stepping out of character, we clearly don't want that to happen, so you can conclude that Van's intention here is for us to work together now as a happy little family. Which, considering that Ewen's half-sister is Bevan's daughter, does give one a nice cozy feeling, doesn't it? :twisted: )
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Fri May 26, 2006 7:08 pm

No, there is no need to tell everything about who and what you are. All I was trying to do was to say what is said should be the truth. I do not think that the tale was just that (a tale) but the truth and cleared many things. This all makes Imare happy.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Sat May 27, 2006 7:25 am

Excellent. And I do think you now have a very clear and accurate concept of who Ewen is, so it's all good.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Sat May 27, 2006 10:30 am

Well, I might not go that far... ("good" in conotation with our group seems to be a misnomer at the moment). Imare is happy with the outcome at least.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Sir Baris » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:27 pm

For the record, I have no secrets. At least, as far as I know... or am telling you, at any rate. :wink:
Sir Baris
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:47 pm

Well, there is that deity thing ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Lord Ewen » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:55 pm

Thanks. The deity thing ("it's a private devotion") was precisely what I had in mind regarding our erstwhile knight. Not that I object - heaven forfend after what I've put you all through - but I was just making a point about a certain degree of residual issues being normal in all characters.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Sir Baris » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:40 pm

Matt wrote:Well, there is that deity thing ...

Maybe I should convert to Halea, quell all of the suspicions. :P
Sir Baris
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:49 pm

Sir Baris wrote:
Matt wrote:Well, there is that deity thing ...

Maybe I should convert to Halea, quell all of the suspicions. :P

Yeah, endure the hardship and strife for the sake of unity. What a guy! :D
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:52 am

I said nothing about secrets, just lies. It probably should have read something like "no large scale attemts to deliberately mislead the party on issues which effect the party". Who you worship does not really matter (unless it involves coming after party members with poison tipped daggers). Sir Ewen pointed out, and I will belive him, that he has told us about all of the issues which face the party. He is, I will point out, the only player character I know of who has gone about with four separate incarnations of the same character. Imare just wanted to point out that while she accepts the reasons for the deceptions, this would be against the parties best interests in the future in our current tasks.

Since Sir Baris was not available at the time of our latest revelations, I really look forward to hearing his reaction to the latest ones. It always seems like it is days that Teddy is missing that Sir Ewen sheds a skin...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Sir Baris » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:38 pm

Imarë wrote:I said nothing about secrets, just lies. It probably should have read something like "no large scale attemts to deliberately mislead the party on issues which effect the party". Who you worship does not really matter (unless it involves coming after party members with poison tipped daggers). Sir Ewen pointed out, and I will belive him, that he has told us about all of the issues which face the party. He is, I will point out, the only player character I know of who has gone about with four separate incarnations of the same character. Imare just wanted to point out that while she accepts the reasons for the deceptions, this would be against the parties best interests in the future in our current tasks.

Since Sir Baris was not available at the time of our latest revelations, I really look forward to hearing his reaction to the latest ones. It always seems like it is days that Teddy is missing that Sir Ewen sheds a skin...

Is this a revelation *other* than the one in the last sessions notes (and the forum)? That was quite a story, by the way, Sir Ewen. I was reading the notes back in Jersey (once I had everything printed out), and I was riveted.
Sir Baris
Squire
Squire

Postby Lord Ewen » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:45 pm

Yes, Teddy, I'm afraid there was a leeeetle bit more to the story, which Ewen disclosed at the outset of last session during the typical breakfast meeting. I'll try to get the notes out ASAP...
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:37 pm

You're going to love this stuff Teddy. I would be sitting down when i read them.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...