Session 20 Questions

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Session 20 Questions

Postby Lord Ewen » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:38 pm

While writing up my notes from the last session, a number of questions came to mind, which I have listed below. It is by no means complete, but I hope it might get the ball rolling for some discussion prior to session 21.

1. Why did the aquavit Ewen drank at Rahel of Aerth’s house make him feel queasy? Why does she have a tapestry of Arren I slaying the Rethemi royal family hanging in her dining room? What is the significance of her apparent respect for Clan Lenesque? How did she acquire her enormous home, and what does she do for a living? Who was her father?
2. By what mechanism do the Morgathians exert their undisputed influence within the city? Does the legion of undead corpses on the temple hill have any pragmatic impact on the power structure in Golotha?
3. Are the two Zarainsen brothers, Jarop and the Morgathian high priest, allied? Parqu’s concern about corruption in the city focuses on activities traditionally attributed to the Lia Kavair (extortion, graft, protection rackets, etc.). Yet Rahel seems to imply that Jarop of Zarainsen might be operating at times in concert with the crown’s interests. Could Jarop of Zarainsen be working at cross purposes to the Morgathian / Agrikan axis in some way? If so, how is this played out in the affairs of the city? Or does Rahel’s comment say more about her own allegiance? Have the two evil religions co-opted the traditional domain of the Lia Kavair in Golotha, or are they partners with it?
4. Why do the Agrikans hate Mogger? Is Mogger affiliated with the Lia Kavair? Was Ewen correct to dismiss Telus as a plausible link to Jarop of Zarainsen? Might Mogger be a better? Or is he his own man?
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:12 pm

I am not ignoring the questions, I have been pondering them.

1) As for the aquavit, my paranoid side thinks it might have been drugged (truth or otherwise). She is looking for something and I have no clue what it might be. It was passed off at the time as a very powerful drink but I have no idea what the actual strength is. I suppose the thing to do is to try to get some on our own and have Ewen try some again. In reference to the tapastry in her home, it is not something that was just thrown together. Remember, Arren I ruled from this city for a number of years. She might be just a follower or one of the ladies we keep running into accross the island. It is interenting that only the former Queen seems to have her respect (or maybe not even repect, wonderment, something like I thought she would do better). As for the last three, I really have no idea. Maybe there are rumors about her which we could ask the three who we are paying for information (if they ever return).
2) The Morgathians. Another enigma. This could be similar to the current situation in Middle East, a group of ruthless men who are not afraid to kill to get what they want. It is interesting that their powerbase does not seem to have suffered from the years under Arren I who, I believe, outlawed the death cults. In any society a large group of dead people roaming about in animated form would tend to scare but we have no indication that they will travel far away from their crypts. I do not recall if any weapons were in evidence, but they seem to make a nice pyrotechnic display. I think that they are more an underlying cause of respect/fear than a direct method of control.
3) I really don't know enough yet to tell if the brothers are in cohoots. I don't know if the thieves guild has any official role here or how they feel about each other. This is one of the things which Imare can question Mogger about. He gives the impression that he is at least in the thieves guild (true or not I have no clue). The Morgathians do not like Mogger (whom they do seem to know). Would the thieves guild tolerate somebody who is not part of them stealing? Thieving in the city seem to be doing well, and the two organizations do not seem the subtle secrative type to me. I would tend to think the Lia Kavir is tolerated more than used (just my off the cuff opinion, nothing which I would really want to have to defend in debate)
4) I think that the Agrikans are not fond of a whole lot of things. If Ewen gets a chance to play again for his new buddies he should try to see if he can sound them out (maybe in the guise of trying to get more information for another song about him). If I were running a con on somebody, I would not give the name of my boss or somebody placed in a position over me (especially something as small as a 24d con). This hardly seems to be a valued member of the thieves world in Golotha. Mogger is a known figure (liked or not) and if he really botherd people he could have joined the "underground" community which seems to flourish here.
I will continue to think about the question and think of some others.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:33 pm

Just a couple of quick clarifications:

Imarë wrote:It is interesting that their powerbase does not seem to have suffered from the years under Arren I who, I believe, outlawed the death cults.

Arren I suppressed only the Agrikans during his reign, but the ban was lifted by Arren II shortly after he came to the throne. Worship of all the other gods and goddesses has been legal in the kingdom during both reigns making Tharda the most religiously tolerant polity on or near Harn.

Imarë wrote:The Morgathians do not like Mogger (whom they do seem to know).

Again, this would be the Agrikans, assuming you refer to Ewen's new best buds. I don't recall any intercourse with Morgathians ... :twisted:
Matt
The GM

Postby Lord Ewen » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:01 pm

Nor has Ewen had intercourse with the Agrikans, although I recall he observed plenty of it. :wink:

I have to allow that the drugged aquavit possibility occured to me as well. Perhaps, thwarted in her initial attempt to probe Ewen, she employed something to, err, facilitate the probing. :shock: As I believe Ardeth has not yet literally left town, might he be prevailed upon to weigh in on the matter?...

While there is little supporting evidence, the notion of Rahel as an agent of Lord Morgan does provide a potential explanation for her wealth and independence. And there is a certain, well, vibe about the girl...

As Dave points out, we have had no report thus far from Golotha's version of the Baker Street Irregulars. Perhaps we might plan to nose about their alleyway in hopes of suggesting some more specific ways they might fall into some extra ready.

I agree that Imarë is best positioned to pursue the questions about the thieves guild via Mogger. And to see in what manner he reciprocates the Agrikans' feelings toward him. That is, unless Ewen's tune queers the deal, in which case Imarë may need to think about blacking Ewen's name a bit with her new beau. On the other hand, the song does seem like the kind of publicity the little fellow might actually enjoy. We must stay tuned, it seems.

On the other hand, it would appear to be a wasted opportunity for Ewen to neglect to capitalize on his new-found camraderie with the Agrikans. I see much rowdiness and debauchery in store for our harper in session 21. At the same time, Ewen may have blown his chance to visit the Temple of Halea next session, medallion or no medallion, given the likely chance that it would get back to Sir Zaurial. Any thoughts on this? Any volunteers willing to go to the Temple as Ewen's proxy?

And for that matter, what would friend Bevan like to pursue for next time? Prurient minds want to know...
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:18 am

Ewen wrote:As I believe Ardeth has not yet literally left town, might he be prevailed upon to weigh in on the matter?...

I would not presume to speak for him, although if you can get Brett to offer an opinion, I'd have no problem with that.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:24 pm

The only thing which goes against Rahel being one of the "girls" is that the attempt did not succeed. This group has shown, as a group, great mastery of whatever they do. She does have the attitude that all have shown, but that is not restricted to just this group.
On the issue of the song irking Mogger, I have seen no evidence that he gets upset with his "height challanged" look, in fact he seems to embrace it. I think he would find it funny (now if it were set to the tune of "Short People" he might be upset). She won't bring it up herself but if he takes it bad she will try to jetison him from the companion roll (for him). As for the proxy element, Imare did not enjoy the first "service" so she will beg off.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:24 pm

Imarë, perhaps, should take her cue from Mogger. If need be, Imarë can feign offense at co-starring in Ewen's song, and thus explain to Mogger jettisoning Ewen as a boon companion. Perhaps come up with some line about keeping up the pretense, so as to avoid us having to go through complex mummery in order to meet undetected (lord knows those business breakfasts at the Bridgetower must continue).

Agreed that the Rahel issue is purely hypothetical. The tapestry is certainly not the same as the Arren of Melderyn fan club posters, which I understand are de rigeur in the bedrooms of all female Thardic adolescents these days. :twisted: Rahel is old enough to be beyond that phase.

I suppose that leaves Bevan to visit the Temple of Halea, if she is amenable. Do we all agree that Ewen should cultivate (if that's the correct word) the Agrikans, and that passing by Agrikan guards to go to the temple would be a bad move?
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:21 pm

Lets try to get a plan of attack ready ahead of time:

1) Imare should/should not distance herself from the group
Pro: might let her drift down to the seedy happenings in Golotha and get in better with Mogger (NO SNARKY COMMENTS REQUIRED)
Con: She has already been identified with the group, suddenly trying to back off might cause more problems

2) Ewen and the Agrikans: should he get closer. He has an in but we do not know if he can ride it any further.

3) What should Ewen do about his desire to "worship", will it compromise his in or will the disk allow entry into the island without revealing where he is going. Are the disks permanent or are they taken one per visit?

4) What is Bevan going to do. She had been visiting Parku but I don't have any idea if that can be taken any further. Any ideas?

Lets try to be as specific as posible before hand so that Matt can prepare something for the new players first session. Imare has already debased herself so she is going to try to enter Moggers world (which we assume is the thieves guild). He seems to have a high profile for somebody in this line of work, but Golotha does seem to break all the normal rules. Should we consider a foray into the underlife of Golotha (the Havens) or would this be more dangerous than a picnic in a graveyard? Should we look for "The Baker Street Irregulars" again and see if anything has come up or just wait for contace (if ever).

On a different note, does anybody think that the two things going on (the mascles and the job for Sir Auram) are or are not related? I think they are not but could not give a good reason for this.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Imarë wrote:get in better with Mogger (NO SNARKY COMMENTS REQUIRED)

One of the advantages of being the GM is I cannot be preempted! Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Getting 'in' is Mogger's problem. Heh.

Imarë wrote:Lets try to be as specific as posible before hand so that Matt can prepare something for the new players first session.

Not to worry on this score - since you don't even know he's arriving, I'll take care of all that.

And yes Van, we have a new player starting on Saturday.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:56 pm

At least the snark was kept to a minimum. Hehehehehehehehe
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:54 pm

It seems clearly too late to act like Imarë and the group are not a unit. I was only thinking that, if need be, she could stroke Mogger's ego by implying that she was finding him more appealing than the group. Especially the harper, should Mogger take serious offense to the song (and Mogger already seemed to take a dislike to Ewen). Based upon the man's tastes, though, I by no means expect him to be offended by the ditty 8)

I do think Ewen should do whatever he can to pursue the Agrikans. I think this will take a proactive approach, as I'm not sure they'll necessarily come looking for him just because he caroused with them one night. I shall consider options and post ideas, but would welcome suggestions for specific gambits. Similarly, I think we should have a few ploys for Imarë to try with Mogger pre-planned, as just hanging out at the Silk Hat netted little save the scarred guy's name last time.

Ewen's interest in the Haleans pertains to his desire to query them about his mother's history, not just for worship, but even so I am inclined to think at this point that the Agrikan investigation takes priority. I may be wrong about the medallions, but I assumed they were reusable, so to speak, and not one-use tokens. Obviously, we don't know if the medallions would preclude aggressive questioning by Agrikan guards. Seems unlikely, from what we've seen.

I do think we should initiate contact with the Irregulars. For one thing, they might provide info on the brothel Ewen had pointed out to him, as it is in their 'hood. Anything else? We might want to find out what their geographic scope tends to be in the city: this might suggest further uses for them. For instance, Ewen is inclined to learn more about Borana and her daughter, and about Rahel. (With Imarë, err, tied up with Mogger, and Ewen tackling the Agrikans, perhaps Bevan would like to volunteer to deal with the Irregulars?)

I see no solid reason to nose about the "Havens", save Sir Blors' odd (and probably significant) reference. Short of venturing in there and inquiring about the Baron's habits (yes, that sounds fairly foolhardy to me), I for one would want to have more to go on first.

I am somewhat inclined to agree with Dave on the mascles incident and Sir Auram's job, but it seems prudent to keep an open mind given, as you say, the lack of evidence for or against. Any ideas on what we might do about the mascles line of inquiry?

Looking forward to meeting our new player.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Ewen wrote:I may be wrong about the medallions, but I assumed they were reusable, so to speak, and not one-use tokens. Obviously, we don't know if the medallions would preclude aggressive questioning by Agrikan guards. Seems unlikely, from what we've seen.

These are medallions, not tickets. They need not be surrendered at the gate and from what Parqu said, should give relatively unhindered access to the walled part of the city.

Ewen wrote:Looking forward to meeting our new player.

His pregame took place last night and went off splendidly. He'll be joining us Saturday when we'll do appropriate introductions.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:26 am

Imare is pushing to get involved in some of the other business with Mogger. I think he might have seen Ewen an impediment for going after the girl he was flirting with. It could be that he too saw the similarity in looks to Borana's daughter and that is causing him some sort of problem (we saw the scarred man with Mogger but have no idea if they are friends or just business rivals). I will see what I can do about finding out about that.
I agree that it would be good to be proactive with the Agrikans. All I can do is think of another ditty which could hold Mogger up to ridicule if so desired. Thanks for the clarification about the medallions Matt, I thought so but it pays to be sure. Is there some other kind of place on that island that you could say you were going that would not produce the same result? It might also be good to contact them for our primary mission, they would have knowlege of the events in the city and would not be likely to go and complain that they are being questioned about city events by outsiders. Additionally, if you found out that Borana is involved with the temple or what her parentage is it might be helpful to our mission.
I do not know if Bevan is willing to go and see the irregulars but I think it a good idea. It would give each of us a line of attack to go after. I don't believe the issue with the Baron pertains to anything here, but the murder of a Knight and the possibilities contained there would certainly be of interest to Sir Auram. The Havens sound dangerous but that is where I think we are eventually going to have cause to go in connection with finding out what is going on in the city. Mogger and his ilk might be the right entre into this area (as we believe he is in the thieves guild) but that will become evident in the future.
Any information about our new player (as a person not a character) would be nice to have but not an imperative.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:20 pm

Imarë wrote:All I can do is think of another ditty which could hold Mogger up to ridicule if so desired.

Seems to me this angle has already been covered ...

Imarë wrote:Thanks for the clarification about the medallions Matt, I thought so but it pays to be sure. Is there some other kind of place on that island that you could say you were going that would not produce the same result?

The medallions bear the Royal Arms and would presumably require no explanation upon entry. After all, if on the King's business, who are the Agrikans to question? That's the theory, anyway.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:51 pm

Well, there is always pretending to want to join the Agrikan merriment. Was Ewen able to pick up any additional likes/dislikes of the group? It was his ability to sing that particular song that got him in (I did not know the subject of other songs on the same subject had come up) so that, to me, is the best avenue of attack.
My meaning for a cover story was just in case they asked. They seem to do what they want in Golotha whether the King and his people like it or not, especially if they think that they can get away with it. Not having access to a map, it is unclear what else is on the island which would make a good yet passing story just in case.
I have been thinking about whether one other than Ewen should go (or try to go) to the temple and I have come to the conclusion that no, it should not. I am presuming that, if our surmise is correct, that it is a relative of Ewen who is the perfumers daughter, that his face might be useful (recognition etc). I think it would also be better for the one asking to be an adherant of Halea. Lastly I think that the question would be better in the first person rather than one of us asking questions for someone they do not know.
Imare will continue to prod Mogger (oh what openings I am leaving) to join his little band of merry men. I hope after all this he is not just full of stories.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:49 pm

I had not considered the possibilities Dave raises as explanation for Mogger's negative reaction to Ewen the first (and only, I believe) time they met, but clearly the connection to Borana (via Slakka, the scarred guy) would be worthy of some probing by Imarë. I couldn't find it in the session notes, but my recollection is that while in Techen we were told of Mogger and Bloody Bhurt meeting in Techen with a fop, and Ewen offended Mogger by quizzing him about that meeting. Mogger seemed to want Ewen to shut up. I believe we also wondered (admittedly without evidence) if said fop could be our Lenesque. Perhaps Imarë might add these items to her list of things to find out about (keeping in mind Mogger's defensiveness on the subject).

A series of tunes about the midget is probably beyond the capacity of Ewen's admittedly prolific imagination, and at any rate I think the theme would wear thin with the Agrikans. Ewen does have another tune about Golotha in the works (see post under Ewen's Tunes), but I doubt the way to the Agrikans' hearts is ultimately through music, if you know what I mean. Drunken carousing and debauchery, on the other hand, would seem to fit the bill, and I suspect that the more outlandish the romp the better it might serve. If one thinks of Sir Zaurial's Agrikans as a group of extremely dangerous frat boys, then perhaps some appropriate ideas may present themselves. A drunken dare leading to an enebriated, midnight steeplechase across the rooftops of the city, for instance, replete with mayhem, derring-do, and a modicum of disturbance of the peace, might well be the ticket. I'm open, of course, to feedback or suggestions 8)
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Lord Ewen » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:51 pm

BTW, how many Agrikan warriors did Ewen think were at the little get-together last night?
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:46 pm

Ewen estimates Sir Zaurial's retinue of swords at at least a dozen, possibly a few more plus Zaurial himself. Not quite a company, but a formidable force to be sure.
Matt
The GM

Postby Bevan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:50 pm

Sorry I have been absent from this thread.

Question 1) Rahel seems like a spoiled child. A clever one albeit. I do wonder if she underestimates the family or is it vice versa.

Q 1) As for the potential mind reading and the excessively strong booze I wonder if it partially has something to do with the child at the perfumer. I don't doubt she has visited the perfumer and has seen the child many times. Is there a chance she noticed the resemblances herself? She may know a lot more about that family's history and has caused her to be more curious about the "harper"..?

I would very much like to ask Sir Tovar who her daddy is - this may partially answer Ewen's question:
And for that matter, what would friend Bevan like to pursue for next time? Prurient minds want to know...

As to how Rahel has obtained a huge home and servants and guardsman and priceless art ... well she is a beautiful woman. She could have wealthy suitors all over the place just throwing money her way. Or she could be working for someone with money and power who likes her combination of politics and status in the Golotha that could be useful to that person. Arren? Could be. If it Arren we need to ask why?

Q 2) Good question still thinking.

Q 3) I think Parqu is simplifying the problem if he thinks that just the thieves are the total disruptive force in Golotha. The thieves don’t run the city, the Agrikans and Morgathians like the city the way it is and work to keep it that way.

Q 4) I don't think the Agikans hate Mogger, they just might consider him a joke. I definitely think he is part of the Lia Kavair. I feel as though that was confirmed when the irregulars described a very short man as one of the thugs who robbed Sir Felkar. The unknown man who killed him, stripped him, and mutilated him is possibly the kind of person that could cause the Agrikans to shudder. As for meeting Jarop, I think Mogger is the more likely person to connect us with Jarop. Who knows, Imare may have already seen him at the Silk Hat, but none of us know what he looks like.

As for your friend Bevan, she would like to get over to the castle and say hello to sir Tovar ask a few questions:
What has he heard about our little group?
The Aerth clan – Who stayed in town during the rebellion? What influence do they now have? What’s up with Rahel? Who is she loyal to? Does he know who her father is? Any other family history he can provide..

Jarop – What role did he play during the rebellion? Where are is his loyalties now? since he has family all over the place in very interesting positions in Golotha.

Have the Morgathians increased their power in Golotha or is pretty much the same as it was before the rebellion?

What does he know about Lenesque?

While on the northern island I would be happy to visit the Temple of Halea on behalf of Ewen, but is there a potential risk to the mission if I am seen entering?
Bevan
Squire
Squire

Postby Imarë » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:03 pm

On Rahel, I am not sure I agree. She seems to have the aura of someone who has power and is used to doing what she wants. I think the family does not understand her because being a merchant is not the be all and end all of her existence. I think she understands her family, just does not agree with them. I do not think there is emnity between them, just a difference of objectives. I could be very wrong about that, but I have seen what happens when you do not respect people with power you do not fully comprehend.
I don't know if there is a connection between Rahel and the perfumers daughter. I personally go more toward the fact that she knows Ewen is in company with Bevan. She could not get Bevan into as cosy a situation to pump her for information so she did the next best thing. We have to remember though, Sir Tovar does not go into the city. He probably does not know any of this. I have seen no indication that the girl is part of anything going on in the city and doubt she is on many peoples radar here (I could be wrong of course, as I usually am, but there is a great leap involved here).
From what I have seen of the city (the map), Rahel has possibly the biggest private house. I am sure land is extreemly valuable, even the rest of her family (who I think are very rich) do not have something like this. Could it belong/have belonged to her father, who knows? She does not act like a kept woman. She has some kind of power and does not seem need or want to hide it. If she is one of Lord Morgans followers, she is powerful and not afraid to do whatever she thinks is needed to perform her mission. She is a puzzle which needs to be at least watched. If she is a deryni, she could have gone through Ewens mind in detail and he would never have known (we never knew when Morgan was doing it with us, we just assumed it was all the time), the drink could have been something to relax Ewen to make things easier.
I think the reason Parku goes on about the thieves is because they cut into profits, the biggest problem for a merchant. He would prefer Royal government because it would increase his trade (and hence profits) through trade with the rest of Rethem. His view, like the rest of his family is narrowly focused on that one issue. Whatever you might say about their manners, if you are on the good side of the Agrikans/Morgathians they will keep good order.
I think I agree with everything you say in Q4. If they truly hated Mogger, I think they would not have been afraid to kill him, but there is no respect involved on their part. I will work on getting involved with the rest of Moggers crowd, at least in a business way :twisted: .
I am still not sure that going to the castle to see Sir Tovar is a good idea. I am sure that it is being watched and could put both myself in jeopardy with the Mogger crew (I could be seen as what I am, a spy) and with Ewen trying to cosy up to Agrikans, well there could be another penny for the undertaker. If Sir Auram wanted information that he has, he would have just asked him. He also might not know who stayed in town because, if I recall correctly, the troops left (and it goes back to the point earlier, why would he bother to know what individuals in the town were doing if there was not a military component involved). But the ultimate choice is up to Bevan, she is the leader of our little party.
I can try to find out more about Jarop if Mogger is indeed associated with him. My guess his part in the rebellion was to steal as much as he could in the chaos with alot of the rich people abandoning their city houses.
Hopefully we are finding out the kind of information that Sir Auram wants. I think that Imare would really appreciate a week or two of camping in the woods after all this time in the cesspool that is Golotha.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:16 pm

I concur with Cheryl that a meeting with Sir Tovar is worth trying, albeit circumspectly. Someone like Bevan may have plausible business at the castle, and anyway wearing the medallions with the Royal Arms stamped on them seems fairly blatent as well. (Don't think Ewen or Imarë should use them for the time being, for obvious reasons.) Bevan has used her own name freely, and her father is - well, you get my drift. In addition to throwing the kitchen sink at Sir Tovar in terms of questioning him, I am curious as to whom he thinks might have apprised the Aerth clan of the general thrust of Bevan's mission.

Not sure why going to the Temple of Halea would jeopardize the mission while going to the castle would not. But Ewen's curiosity is personal, and he would not want to risk the mission for something he could, after all, investigate later. But then there is the matter of the absentee Halean seat on the Council, which a visit to the Temple might yield info on, as well as their take on the situation in the city and the personages we are curious about. I vote for Bevan going, but am open to other views.

I am more inclined toward Dave's view of Rahel, for the moment at least, but think the jury is out on why she chose to focus on Ewen. One of our goals tomorrow should be to gether information to help us settle the question of whether Cheryl or Dave's take on her character is closer to the truth.

I wonder whether Mogger (as Lia Kavair) is under the protection of Jarop, and this is why the Agrikans can't touch him given the present balance of terror in the city. This goes to the heart of my curiosity about the Zarainsen brothers (Jarop and Morgathian - I discount the others for the nonce). Does the Morgathian high priest shield and amplify the power of the Lia Kavair due to the fraternal connection, thus creating underlying tension between the Morgathians and the Agrikans in spite of their pragmatic alliance? Or are these two brothers rivals? Do the Agrikans feel similarly toward Jarop as they do Mogger, or does Mogger himself create reasons for special animosity? BTW, Ewen's impression was that they hate the midget (they used the word twice). Why then, as you ask, do they not kill him?

about the "harper"
Everybody, it seems, is a music critic :roll:

cesspool that is Golotha
Nice choice of words. Ewen likes it.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...