Earldom of Techen

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Earldom of Techen

Postby Lord Ewen » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:09 pm

With Sir Baris joining the party, the Earldom of Techen has again come to our attention. I know it would help me to review my understanding of the recent history of said Earldom, given its evident centrality to our current business.

Revi Lenesque was the Earl prior to the rebellion of the Earl of Tormau only two years ago. His aunt had been Chafin III's queen, and is depicted in Rahel's tapestry. A nephew (?) of Revi is still at large, and of specific concern to Sir Auram. At some point early in Tormau's rebellion, Osric Jethysan, Arren II's brother-in-law, hauled Revi Lenesque out of his castle and beheaded him. Osric became the present Earl of Techen in recognition of this deed of loose-end tying up, and he subsequently fought in Golotha under Arren II, where he fell into the canal with a bunch of his knights and contracted the ubiquitous Golothan dysentery.

One of those unlucky knights was our new friend, Sir Baris Tyrestal, whose uncle is constable of Themeson Keep for Earl Osric. Perhaps I missed some discussion during my period of self-inflicted hearing loss during the first two-thirds of the session, but I am led to wonder whether Sir Baris' uncle (and/or Sir Baris himself) served under Revi Lenesque or Osric Jethyson prior to the rebellion. And whether Sir Baris (or his uncle) might know anything which might be of assistance in identifying our mysterious Lenesque youth who is the partial subject of Bevan's charge from Sir Auram. Thanks.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:14 am

Rather than quote, I'll just write anew as Van has conflated two events.

In 720 as Arren of Melderyn was launching his Coup in Golotha, Sir Osric Jothysan secretly maneuvered his army into position to besiege Techen. After a few months, the castle fell by treachery, and Revi Lenesque, Earl of Techen was captured. The young Earl was publicly tortured and then beheaded in Techen square.

Shortly thereafter, King Arren I made Sir Osric the new Earl of Techen. Those members of clan Lenesque as were found were executed. The late Queen of Rethem had been Revi's aunt.

Sir Baris and his uncle were among the followers of Osric - never Revi. The Lenesque of whom Sir Aurum spoke is a cousin of Revi and has apparently been at large for a decade.
Matt
The GM

Postby Lord Ewen » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:26 pm

Thanks for clarifying. A quick check shows me that you had already been perfectly clear on these facts in a previous post. :oops:
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...