Since this is the place for paranoid musings...

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Postby Matt » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm

Imarë wrote:It is, after all, a death religion.

Morgath is the evil god of chaos. Agrik the evil god of war and fire. Naveh is the evil god of death. Poison is more in the latter's vein ...

This is not to pass judgment on whether you're right or wrong, just a clarification. 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:16 pm

Thank you, I do tend to get them mixed up somewhat. My meaning is that they do not seem to object to death (unless they turn into undead). The suggestion was made with the proviso that Imare was baying at the moon, an off the wall idea. While not important one way or the other, conjecture about the possibility to add credence or detract from an idea is where I am going. Who knows, Astarok and staff may be living impaired themselves...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:42 am

And lycanthropy would be a fun condition to play with. Just imagine the fun you could be at parties.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:47 pm

One point to make to add to my hypothesis mix. Ask yourself why the Morgathians would try to take over an abbey? The short answer would be to control at least part of the Laranian church in Kaldor. What would be their long term goal in this situation? Could they possibly hope to keep the fact that the entire staff of one of the main outposts of Larani have joined the ranks of the living impaired? Another possibility would, you say, be to move into the seat of the archbishop as the head of this abbey normally does. Well, the GM said that it was quite clear that the Dariune bishop was being groomed for that spot, a piece of information that I am sure that the Morgathians would have. Why not try for the whole pie? What will they lose if unsuccessful? Will they be made outlaw in Kaldor? Nope, too late. The scribe seems to be safe already unless he is not alive anymore either. The ‘soldiers’ for this crusade are taken from the ranks of their enemies. It does not hurt them to dream big here because the cost of failure to them is small.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:06 pm

OK, sorry I'm joining this late...

I am not 100% clear, having read all of this, as to what Imarë's barking-mad hypothesis actually is. But here's my stab at it:

The bishop of Nurez is behind the Morgathian plot, is actually himself an amorvrus or a Morgathian priest, and is planning to attack the other bishops at the synod in hopes of converting the whole freakin' lot of them into an undead zombie ecclesiastical council, and issue a really really nasty bull or something.

Lemme know if I'm warm... Then I'll vote in the poll :wink:
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:13 pm

My main hypothosis is that the Bishop may have been turned at the same time some of the others were. There is a tunnel that the living impaired knew about which leads south from the one to the crypt. If this goes to the Bishops Hall (I think a reasonable supposition), it is possible that they turned him without anyone knowing it. The rest of the fun crowd then makes an attack so the converted Bishop is able to have the synod, privately meeting with the whole kit and kaboodle of the bishops in Kaldor. This is just my working hypothesis. Please pick it appart, to me the only way to discuss it fully is to go into the details.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:25 pm

If it is possible, it would also raise a question. Would we want the plan to succeed? Morgathians would know that Arren II has let them stay in existance and left them in control of Golotha. If the plan is uncovered, either before or after success, it would throw the church into upheaval. If we really wanted the church to fracture in Kaldor this would be a good way to do it. The chance that the mayhem could spread would be a problem though, I don't think the king would like to be a worshiper himself.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:33 pm

I'm wondering if this thread is on the correct forum at this point - I was about to make a snarky remark until I recalled that we had set up a separate forum for addressing certain topics, and I think you might be veering in that direction. So I'm forced to keep my snarky comment to myself for the time being.

Having said that, does the theory hinge solely on the tunnel, or does anything else support suspecting the bishop at this point? What about the shaft of light? And the bad guys here, given your theory is correct, are operating in a particularly devious and cunning manner, and employing an extremely light, deft touch with Sir Ewen & Co. As the GM has pointed out, this is characteristic of an entirely non-Morgathian approach, but a recognizable approach nevertheless.

Which brings me back to my snarky remark. But perhaps now you can guess what it was :twisted:
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Imarë » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:53 pm

Truly, some of my last comments, while veiled, did broach a sensetive topic. I did start some comments there also.

The feelings are not just from the tunnel, that would be more the 'how'. There is the sudden drawback from the fight of some of their most powerful people. We were handling those who are the shuffeling kind but adding the animated kind like Sir Golian, who is a knight also and kept his abilities and there was at least one other of the LOP knights behind him. There is the point that they totally seem to have left the area, why stop at this point? Why was the Inquisitor left to be questioned? The Bishop not permitting any questions other than his own seems a little odd considering he could not be bothered to actually fight them. For me it is that if I were going to go to all the trouble to attack an abbey, a place of power for Larani, why stop there? Why not attack when the party was split usunder? Why wait to gather eveyone with power together and be able to resist them?

When it all comes down to it, deciding which is correct is not important. Do we really want to come galavanting in to save the situation at the last second? I think that if some merit is seen in this it would tend to push me toward informing the Deriune's about what happened and that there is a possibility (however slight) that Morgathians might be trying to attack the central Larani power structure. If this does turn out to be the case, it might give us a better chance of being looked on favorably if we ever ask for a favor.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Previous

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...