Some Slow Winter...

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Some Slow Winter...

Postby Imarë » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:32 am

As I see it, there are three issues to puzzle out for us.

The first is the motivation and goals of Sir Houla. Why is he trying to gain information on Sir Ewen? He does not seem that adept with the ham handed approach of the inn keeper. Do we think there is something nefarious behind the actions? They are both in a rarified club, being only one tournament winner per year the overall number should be rather small and Sir Houla seems to have gathered one other (that we know about). I wonder if there are others or members of the final 16.

The second is the party of the woman dressed in green. Is she an opponent or just a harmless traveller set there to ratchet our paranoia level to the sky? They have mentioned Gardiren, which makes us really nervous but other than this, there has been no overt move against us and we have not been able to detect any covert one's. We really cannot go about (at least in Kaldor) killing any potential problems. What is the concensus about what we should do?

The final question is that of Aethel Atan. What is he? What is his objective (it must have some connection to us otherwise I don't believe he would have interacted with Sir Baris). What is the significance of the round table with eight chairs (unless King Arthur were to show up)? What is on the top level of his house? I don't believe Sir Ewen has gone up to the top since he bought his place and he has a staircase. Aethel's bulk seems to indicate a whim to go up. If he is, as we suspect, some kind of Shek-Pvar he would have a "work room" of some type. If he were not of earth or water, the basement would be a bad place. Being we have a taller house across the street, we should check out the configuration of his third floor (windows, balcony, atrium etc). He is he uncle of Lady C which means that his goals may be great or small but are known fully only to himself. (ps to Sir Ewen, we decided he probably was not Deryni, you probably would have been able to tell (I am sure your lady would have had no problem and she was at the party also) while no the roof in our after session).

Any other topics to talk about? Any thoughts on these?
"Hello Sir Baris. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Sir Baris. Forever... and ever... and ever."
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:40 pm

A post! A post!

Two comments:

1 - Houla's approach would not have seemed so ham-handed if Sir Ewen had not been a Deryni.

2 - You are not across the street from Aethel Atan. You are two doors away on the same block.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:48 am

As to "1". We are paranoid people. A "how's the weather" is going to seem ham handed at times. In honesty, the unctious manner in which he seemed to come on to Sir Ewen looked very different from our prior dealings with him. If not for Sir Ewen's power, we would have been left to let our paranoia take control without a specific answer. His manner and questions caused Sir Ewen to become suspicious is what I am refering to, his approach was not subtle.
"Hello Sir Baris. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Sir Baris. Forever... and ever... and ever."
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Unctuous? Perhaps, but given only one prior dealing with Sir Houla - a very friendly one I think - I'm not sure there are sufficient data points to indicate a trend. And if you meant Tancred, he certainly was unctuous from the start. Oleaginous even. 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 am

I will now be unavailable for several weeks. I am going south and there is no service where I will be.

See you in September.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:15 pm

I have finally returned from the south (whining and snivling the whole way). Six weeks totally off the grid (no cable, no newspaper etc.), just books and movies (and irated golfers snicker, snicker). If anyone has any comments, please feel free to resume...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 am

Oh Dave, I think it is but you and I who pay attention.

The PM function, my friend, is our friend. :wink:
Matt
The GM

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...