Gathering Intelligence

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Gathering Intelligence

Postby Sir Baris » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 am

So Matt strongly suggested we work out plans for what to do at the start of next session on the forum.

The situation, as I recall, was thus:

We made it to Olokand, and found the Vikings beseising the castle. Using conscripted peasant labor, they had built a second wall surrounding the castle.

The Vikings are occupying the town north of the river, and it is heavily guarded. If you will recall, Cekiya was captured by like 40 Vikings.

The rest of the party slept in a helpful peasant's home. In the morning we disguised ourselves as peasants and obtained a cart so we could sneak into town, pretending to be delivering goods- charcoal, I believe.

We hid our weapons and armor in sacks under a tarp under the charcoal, in case a situation developed requiring combat. Given the number of the enemy, I would like to avoid combat at all costs, but it's best to be prepared.

We stopped the session just as we got to the inn where we were to deliver the goods, and were about to surreptitiously unload the weapons. Given that the cart is in a courtyard currently empty of Vikings and the back of the cart is pointed away from the gate to make unloading easier, this should not be much of a problem.

What are our goals at the moment?

1) We need to gather intel, and that means some counting of opposing forces, etc.

2) We could consider linking up with the forces inside the castle, to get an update on how things fare in there, but given that the entrance is in an inn that is occupied by vikings, this could be a problem.

3) Rescuing Cekiya- how? We don't even know she is captured, but we can assume so. We don't know where she is, how many men are guarding her, etc. Or should we wait for the adder to escape on her own?

4) Sabotage- we're in a position to screw up the enemy. Any suggestions? We could poison their horses, or their food, pick off some leaders. Some of these are more practical than others.
Vemion delenda est.
Sir Baris
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 am

Good summary Teddy.
Matt
The GM

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...