Clash of the Titans, Sort Of ...

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Clash of the Titans, Sort Of ...

Postby Matt » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:55 pm

Among the amusing aspects of the campaign is to see how things can go totally awry.

I refer of course, to that intrepid quartet Evil Erol, Slakka, Jeremiz, and of course, Mogger. :wink:

You will all have noticed that I had a fair amount of detail on them, floor plans, pictures, etc. Indeed, much of that was my work (not the floor plans), but by no means all. Some time ago, Patrick Nilsson of Harn Forum fame and I exchanged a series of e-mails discussing our different approaches to GMing, Harn, etc. As a lark, we wondered what would happen if we set his PCs against my PCs.

To put it mildly, it did not turn out as expected. :-k

For one thing, Patrick was quite convinced that they would never approach a party with a knight in it directly (Sir Arlen at the time) but would deal with them via treachery. I agreed, and built a significant section of the adventure around that concept, which, in the event, was discarded wholesale. No one ever foresaw Imarë becoming Mogger's girlfriend, and it altered the entire dynamic of the interaction between the two groups from one of conflict to one of ... well, I'm still not sure what it became. :?

In the end, by eliminating Mogger early, and indirectly Slakka, you were able to handle the remaining two without much trouble, or ever really understanding that two GMs were up in the skybox wondering how this would play out.

Alas, as Patrick has dropped out of sight for the forseeable future, I have no idea what he thinks of this although I did send him a synopsis along with a copy of the "Midget and the Elf" for the player of Mogger about halfway through - just before Mogger was killed as it happens.

So you guys won a contest you didn't even know you were in, and there'll be a little something extra in your envelopes next time. 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:15 pm

I do hope our actions were not the reason for him dropping out. I really do wonder what the PC of Mogger thought of the affair with an elf. As I already feel I am playing with the ghosts of so many others (many I have known) in the backround, the knowlege of the history of this quartet is interesting. Lucky nobody headed toward a tree... :twisted: .
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:24 pm

Imarë wrote:I do hope our actions were not the reason for him dropping out.

Not at all - Patrick is starting a new business and that's taking up all of his time right now.

I have no idea if he passed the news on to the player that he bagged an elf ... 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:33 pm

I now have this mental image of Imare's head stuffed and mounted up on the wall of the Silk Hat...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Now that is grand fun indeed. Thanks for letting us in on the backstory, and please do pass on any amusing sequelae if he gets in touch with you.

May be best for our characters' karma that Patrick is preoccupied with other things. I shudder to think what might have befallen our doppelgangers in his Hârn should the exercise have been reciprocally carried out in reverse :twisted:
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Sun May 01, 2005 4:45 pm

Ewen wrote:I shudder to think what might have befallen our doppelgangers in his Hârn should the exercise have been reciprocally carried out in reverse :twisted:

Poison, a knife in the dark, or, if you were lucky, framed for a capital crime and betrayed to the Agrikans ... :lol:
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Sun May 01, 2005 5:23 pm

Considering what Slakka kept in his trunk, I think the first is the most likely. Note to self, get food taster...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...