Personal and Group goals for next session

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Personal and Group goals for next session

Postby Sir Baris » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:04 am

Hey guys. After game last time Tom, Dave and I had a productive discussion about game pace, etc. Tom made the point that we should more explicitly plan what goals we want to play out in the forum. This would accomplish getting more done in play time, and I think it would give people a chance to advance their own personal goals. This also will help Matt prepare, so he doesn't have to spend as much time looking stuff up.

Personal goals: Baris wants to take some further steps in solving the mystery of the missing Arton of Wyant of Whyce. Sure, it's been eight months game time since he last worked on the quest, but the guy has been missing for ten years, another eight months won't kill him. I hope. :) And Baris has been busy lately, what with the war and all. I need to go back to the locksmith who made the key, and question his assistant, alone. Looking back over the notes the assistant might have known something. Regardless, my only clue is the key, and the locksmith made it. Either that or find the chest or padlock it opens, but I can't very well go around trying to open every chest in the kingdom.

Also, Baris wants to go see his new lands (which ties in nicely with the group goal below), and he definitely wants to have that Boar helmet made. Baris the Boar (or Baris the Boor as Meden pronounces it) is too good to pass up.

Group goals: We have to go look into that matter for the King.
Vemion delenda est.
Sir Baris
Squire
Squire

Re: Personal and Group goals for next session

Postby Arva » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:26 am

About that matter with the king. I am still not clear on what things would make Ternua (hopefully that's the right barony/keep) unsuitable for the Earl of Osel.
Would having too much debt do it? Too many men-at-arms? Too few men-at-arms? No usable farm-land? A rather vocal priest of Peoni?

I don't think that making up any old excuse will work. We need to know what would allow the king to save face in not giving it to Osel. Once we figure that out, we make the report up highlighting all the reasons why.
I feel like a new person....
Arva
Knight
Knight

Postby Arva » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 am

As for Kaelyn's personal goals...she just would like to know all things. That's all. :twisted:
Arva
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Kaelyn wrote:As for Kaelyn's personal goals...she just would like to know all things. That's all. :twisted:

Let me get right on that! :lol:
Matt
The GM

Postby Arva » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 am

PEOPLES!!!!!
We need to start thinking about what we slash Ewen is going to write in his fake report to the king. If we know what to look for it will make finding it that much easier.
Also, is that little Peoni priest going to cause trouble? Can Cekiya just kill him now?
Arva
Knight
Knight

Postby Lord Ewen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:02 pm

I also have no clear idea as to what would disqualify Harabor from receiving Ternua, or serve as sufficient excuse for the King to turn elsewhere. I suspect a convincing reason will need to come from the specifics of the situation with the Barony, and thus we will actually have to acquaint ourselves with the particulars. In other words, I agree with Megan that a generic or completely confabulated report will not fly.

One thing which bothers me is the reason for the King feeling thwarted. He could, in the strictest sense, give the darn thing to whomever he wishes. The fact that he apparently feels constrained at present to grant it to Harabor (absent any sound excuse not to) is a bit of a mystery, no? It would be easier if we knew why the King is partially stymied. Is Harabor pressuring the King in such a way as to make it difficult for Haldan to grant the barony as he sees fit? Is Balim for some reason pushing for this arrangement, and the King feels unable or unwilling to directly obstruct his advisor / ally among the peers? It will be hard to craft and excuse for Haldan if we make an incorrect assumption about the source of the problem. (My default assumption is Harabor, as it is the simplest and most obvious scenario.)

As for the Peonian priest, his mildly obstreperous behavior last session (and that's the absolute worst spin you could put on it) certainly does not warrant our doing him any real harm, and harming the local Peonian is a sure way of upsetting the peasants. As the Peonians tend to advocate for the peasantry and disdain the nobility, he may actually be a good source of information about the barony, possible scandals, malfeasance, mismanagement, etc. The best thing to do may be to run a good cop / bad cop thing with him, or to release him and enlist his aid in our attempt to get a handle on the barony, perhaps appealing to his concern about the interests of the peasants in the barony. He seems a resource we should not waste.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...