Bring Me the Head of Sedris Meleken!

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Re: Bring Me the Head of Sedris Meleken!

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Great start on the head games!

I could add:

Sir Arren Lydel
Serekela Edine Kynn
LOP in general
Earl of Balim

There are no doubt still others who may have anted into the pot ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Sir Aeomund » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:47 pm

The LoP never did anything to anyone that didnt deserve it in the first place.
Sir Aeomund
Captain
Captain

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:15 am

Sir Aeomund wrote:The LoP never did anything to anyone that didnt deserve it in the first place.

They are nevertheless a piece on the chessboard. :wink:
Matt
The GM

Postby Lord Ewen » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Reading the notes clarified a few things for me, such as the Haldan timeline. He found out about the head after he had already set in motion the transfer of Ternua to Harabor, and now needs a way out of the decision without appearing to renege on it. I imagine publicly airing tales of the severed heads of former earls would be repugnant to him, as it would reflect poorly on the peerage of his kingdom and his own judgment in installing Harabor as Earl of Osel in the first place.

The notes as written also explicitly support my contention above that the Sulaplyn was green-lighting the Earl's murder, perhaps on behalf of the King. For Haldan, instigating Sir Ewen to engineer Harabor's death could work on many levels, as the endeavor is fraught with peril and likely ends up with the knight's head on a block unless it is done in a foolproof manner. Haldan may be tempted to see this as an irresistible opportunity to kill two birds...

Perhaps the utility of a list of the current players is that it can be used to identify a third party to effectively transfer this burden to, or to frame? Planning to kill one earl is bad enough, but broadening our scope of operations to encompass the death of two earls in a five-earl kingdom seems to be unduly tempting fate. Of course, we would ideally like to emerge from this with enhanced influence / control in Ternua and/or Qualdris, much like the proverbial fellow who arises from the midden holding a diamond aloft...
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Sir Ewen wrote:The notes as written also explicitly support my contention above that the Sulaplyn was green-lighting the Earl's murder, perhaps on behalf of the King. For Haldan, instigating Sir Ewen to engineer Harabor's death could work on many levels, as the endeavor is fraught with peril and likely ends up with the knight's head on a block unless it is done in a foolproof manner. Haldan may be tempted to see this as an irresistible opportunity to kill two birds...

If true, this would make Haldan somewhat more dangerous than you had supposed. You should consider that the Sulaplyn has no authority to order such a murder, certainly it is theologically at odds with the tenets of her faith, and should, in fact, be simply an unthinkable thing for her to do. She almost has to be operating with Haldan's imprimatur. Recall that two of Haldan's siblings are Peonians.

Sir Ewen wrote:Perhaps the utility of a list of the current players is that it can be used to identify a third party to effectively transfer this burden to, or to frame? Planning to kill one earl is bad enough, but broadening our scope of operations to encompass the death of two earls in a five-earl kingdom seems to be unduly tempting fate.

In the end, it would probably need to be three. You have to ask yourself in the situation where two earls have been murdered - what would Balim do? It would seem impossible to keep your hands clean in such matters, and it may be wise to play dumb and 'miss' the Sulaplyn's point entirely. Meanwhile, trying to figure out what is going on.
Matt
The GM

Postby Sir Baris » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 pm

I do not think Aeomon would like to just ignore a direct request from the Sulaplyn, but I don't want to speak for Tom.

If we're going to be killing three earls, it's not too much of a stretch to just kill all of them. That's Baris's plan. Just let me at 'em!

Seriously, though, what about framing Vemion for Harabor's murder, or somehow playing them off each other. We probably can't get Vemion to kill Harabor, but we could get him to act against Harabor in some way, causing him to react in a way we can take advantage of. Maybe he has to move to a certain place and we can strike him en route.
Vemion delenda est.
Sir Baris
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Sir Baris wrote:I do not think Aeomon would like to just ignore a direct request from the Sulaplyn, but I don't want to speak for Tom.

Aeomund is a Laranian, not a Peonian. In truth, if he were to seriously consider that request, the proper thing to do would be to clear it with his superiors.
Matt
The GM

Previous

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...