Rahel and the Baron

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Rahel and the Baron

Postby Bevan » Mon May 09, 2005 6:51 pm

In my last post I suggested the money had something to do with Rahel.

After thinking a little more on that and remembering my original connection to the money is the Morgathians/Agrkinans an alternate theory sprung to mind.

The M & A still have the strongest motive. Now Rahel hung in town during the rebellion and laid low the whole time. It is public knowledge which side the main players of the rebellion were on. Rahel is a person who seems to stay in the know of Golotha events. (Her knowledge of Sir Felkar's death being one detail that is not widely known, if she did in fact kill the Baron.) She might very well have known something about the arrangement between the Baron and M&A and was keeping her eye on his movements while in Golotha. When she saw him fleeing she decided to nab him for more information. When she got the thumbs up to kill the Baron she chose the method of the mascle murder to cover her tracks.
Bevan
Squire
Squire

Postby Imarë » Mon May 09, 2005 7:37 pm

My only question would be the way the Baron seemed to go crazy when Sir Felkar's body came in. Either he was afraid because the money was gone, his captain/relative was killed, or some combination of the two. Would the Morgathians/Agrikans be liable to make him this jumpy? He would have protection if he just went into either castle if it were these two religions. On the other hand, his leaving the city might mean that he felt he would be safe once he left the environs of the city, which if he were paying off Lord Morgan he would not. He could have been counting on getting more money or taking what he had and going on the lamb also. I don't agree that the M&A have the strongest motive. The killing of a noble in the city could cause reevaluation of the situation by the crown. If they wanted to just eliminate the Baron because the money did not come, four graves would have been as easy as three. The specifically brought the Baron back to Goloatha and waited five days to kill him. This suggests to me that clarification was sought from somewhere else and would either of these two groups need to do this? If Rahel were working for Arren II or Lord Morgan, a messenger could have been sent to Coranan asking for instructions what to do. I think whatever this is has to do with the Morgathians being killed, somebody trying to disturb the status quo. Could there be an attempt to make this look tit for tat? The Baron dies and Morgathians were killed to pay this back (seemingly from the crown) and could be a third party? This would not be Morgan, since he does not work against the crown as far as we know. There are others who would love to see the Kingdom with internal dissent, Melderyn for example. Remember the alleged son of Arren I in Cherefir who attacked Bevan. He maintains that he was connected but seemed from what we heard like a joke. Would Rahel, who seems to revere Arren I work for somebody like that? Could Darabor II or the cleric we met be trying to keep things fomented so that Tharda could not move against the rest of the island (and perhaps force Arren II back from Orbaal to deal with another flare up of Golotha?). More possibilities...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Mon May 09, 2005 9:10 pm

Imarë wrote:Would the Morgathians/Agrikans be liable to make him this jumpy?

You're kidding, right? The M&A are among the scariest people around.

Imarë wrote:He would have protection if he just went into either castle if it were these two religions.

Recall Sir Tovar's opinion of the Baron. Uldseth may very well have known the contempt in which he was held and didn't think he would have any protection from the castles.

Imarë wrote:On the other hand, his leaving the city might mean that he felt he would be safe once he left the environs of the city, which if he were paying off Lord Morgan he would not.

Evidence he was fleeing someone/thing other than Morgan.

Imarë wrote:I don't agree that the M&A have the strongest motive. The killing of a noble in the city could cause reevaluation of the situation by the crown. If they wanted to just eliminate the Baron because the money did not come, four graves would have been as easy as three.

You're forgetting that Rahel grabbed the Baron, not the M&A.

Imarë wrote:The Baron dies and Morgathians were killed to pay this back (seemingly from the crown) and could be a third party?

I don't know about third parties here. Kings don't need to resort to such subterfuge.

Imarë wrote:There are others who would love to see the Kingdom with internal dissent, Melderyn for example. Remember the alleged son of Arren I in Cherefir who attacked Bevan.

Sir Arren Lydel, but he was in Aleath.

Imarë wrote:He maintains that he was connected but seemed from what we heard like a joke. Would Rahel, who seems to revere Arren I work for somebody like that?

It seems unlikely.

Imarë wrote:Could Darabor II or the cleric we met be trying to keep things fomented so that Tharda could not move against the rest of the island (and perhaps force Arren II back from Orbaal to deal with another flare up of Golotha?).

Possibly, although there has been no evidence of a Melderyn connection.
Matt
The GM

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...