Session 120 Prep

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Session 120 Prep

Postby Sir Aeomund » Tue May 19, 2015 5:39 pm

- Improve the fortifications
- move Thilisa
- recon and determine intentions of the other army
- explore the hiring of foreign mercenaries.
Sir Aeomund
Captain
Captain

Re: Session 120 Prep

Postby Matt » Wed May 20, 2015 5:46 pm

You might also consider the other manors of the barony and associated forces.
Matt
The GM

Postby Sir Aeomund » Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 pm

I thought about that and offering military training to raise a company, but gathering foriegn mercs gives us trained men and takes them out of circulation for others.

I'm also thinking of canvasing the units for those who can woodwork or build, give them instruction on what I am looking for in terms of the pallisade, assigning sections, and offering a reward for the company that completes their section first to the stated standard.
Sir Aeomund
Captain
Captain

Postby Lord Ewen » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:43 pm

I thought we had accounted for the known mercenaries, foreign or otherwise, who were operating within the borders of Kaldor. The Blue Boars are retained by ourselves, Rathbar's Raiders are away guarding the Salt Route caravan, and the White Ravens are operationally defunct having sustained an unfortunate campaign under Sir Baris's military direction...

If we believe other companies might exist in Kaldor, then I am all for trying to locate and retain them. I can think of no better way to spend the late Baron of Ternua's stash than to invest in expanding our army while depriving our rivals of the services of available professionals.

If you are suggesting casting our net farther afield, then let's discuss specifics.

I do like the idea of encouraging some friendly rivalry among the men in erecting the palisade.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:52 pm

I believe the mercs you had accounted for were those that are Tashal-based. There are no doubt others in the kingdom at large.
Matt
The GM

Postby Lord Ewen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:51 pm

In that case, I agree with Tom that we would do well to explore their availability.

If you were running a mercenary company, I would think Tashal would be the overwhelming favorite locale for basing the operation given the concentration of potential employers. After that, perhaps the keeps bordering on the marches, such as Oselmarch? Prehil might be conversant regarding that region, given his father's longstanding efforts and ambitions down in that quadrant...
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Sir Aeomund » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:50 pm

The other source for mercs is Chybisa. Aeomund has some connections there. Parliament may have an issue with foreign mercenaries, but Kaldor doesnt have one.
Sir Aeomund
Captain
Captain

Postby Arva » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:23 pm

The Baron of Firith (Prehil's dad) might have a better idea of mercenary companies around. It is possible he hired a couple for his campaign against the pygalian.
I feel like a new person....
Arva
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Good point - you know he hired the Blue Boars in the past.
Matt
The GM

Postby Sir Aeomund » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Matt,
Can Aeomund answer that since he served with the Osel Army as a Lieutenant?
Sir Aeomund
Captain
Captain

Postby Matt » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:08 am

Aeomund knows of the Blue Boars and that Rathbar's Raiders have been hired once or twice. Beyond that, the Oselmarch army is comprised of its standing component, the feudal levy, and a handful of LOP volunteers sent primarily to gain experience.
Matt
The GM

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...