Where are we?

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Where are we?

Postby Arva » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:34 am

Since I have heard that this past August session was a bit of a dynamite plot advancement/twist/etc...could someone fill me in? Waiting two months for the notes might not be enough...

Thanks bunches!
I feel like a new person....
Arva
Knight
Knight

Re: Where are we?

Postby Matt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:57 pm

A couple of things happened towards the beginning, but significantly, Goreg learned his mother had moved into Martaryne House in Eastside. Sir Harant, whom you have all met on occasion, lives there. He's a second cousin or so of Goreg's mother.

Baris and Goreg went to Galopea's Feast with Prehil, and after Aethal Atan showed up, they decided to head upstairs to engage in post-libation coital activities. Goreg elected to wait for the knights, and so he was cooling his heels on a bench when the armed men came in. Lost in his own thoughts apparently, they got the drop on him with a dagger to the throat. They learned from an employee where Prehil was and went in and grabbed him, killing his two doxies in the process. As they left, carrying an apparently unconscious Prehil, Goreg was able to engage the rearguard, taking several wounds in the process. Baris, hearing the hullabaloo, grabbed the only thing he needed, his sword - no the other one - and charged out in time to dash down the stairs just as Goreg was pushed aside by his opponent. Baris took over and again with but a sword on his person - no the other one - he took on one of the Prehil-snatchers who wielded a huge battleaxe. The two fought their way down to the next stairs, Baris pressing, when the axeman made a break down the next flight. Baris, realizing they were getting away, LEAPED STARK BLOODY NAKED down the stairs after his fleeing quarry. As he passed him in the air, he cut with his sword and laid the blackguard's skull open! His momentum carried him down to the ground floor, where he landed with but a slight injury to his hands, though much to his dignity as he was in full sight of the common room and only Goreg to know the degree to which he was covered in glory. The others made away with Prehil into the night.
Matt
The GM

Postby Arva » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:00 am

Doesn't Mak have some sort of security for the third floor workers?
If Baris landed on the first floor, does that mean a group of armed men took Prehil out the first floor and no one attempted to stop them?
How big was Ewen's migraine when Baris came in to report all this?
I feel like a new person....
Arva
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Yes, yes, and we'll find out next time!

The torpor of the first floor folks might be a combination of ale, lateness, and surprise.

Mak's bouncers are another question entirely. There are usually four on the ground floor, two at each door. To save a lot of speculation, it will become evident very quickly that the doors were not guarded at this time.
Matt
The GM

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...