Scina

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Scina

Postby Sir Aeomund » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:35 am

He is freed and delivered to Balim house, on budget and with time to spare....Well maybe not the first part, but that was Dave's doing.
Sir Aeomund
Captain
Captain

Re: Scina

Postby Matt » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:24 pm

So, things to consider:

1) Balim needs to follow through with his writ.

2) Someone needs to consult a herald/litigant on the legal ramifications.

3) Orsin Firith should be arriving in Tashal today (the 18th).

4) Apparently, there are a bunch of heirs hanging out in the city.

5) Has Rahel learned anything regarding the information Ewen imparted.

This list is neither exhaustive nor necessarily actionable by the party. Just food for thought for next time.
Matt
The GM

Postby Arva » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:05 pm

The heirs really shouldn't just hang out...that's how you get kidnapped.
I feel like a new person....
Arva
Knight
Knight

Postby Lord Ewen » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm

It is certainly possible that Maldan Harabor intended to kidnap additional heirs beyond Sirs Scina and Prehil. As we discussed, Sir Meden Curo would be another big fish for Osel to set his sights on. After that, there is the murky question of who you would kidnap if you wished to blackmail Vemion at the succession council table (or to support him following a successful military overthrow of the present king). Karsin Ubaei and his new bride, given that Thilisa and Ewen are disowned and banished? And after Caldeth and Curo, you have a slew of barons who may not wield sufficient influence on a succession decision for Harabor to trouble with, but perhaps each barony helps?

In any event, if we anticipate further kidnappings, it might behoove us to put a tail on Sir Chadrin (or Sir Hogan). On the other hand, having just lost both of his hostages in rapid succession, do we think Harabor will persist in kidnappings, or will he alter his course?

As for the legal ramifications alluded to by Balim, my assumption is that a summons from the crown to attend a Tenants-in-Chief council as the tenant representing Ternua is tantamount to the crown acknowledging that Sir Ewen has a rightful claim to consider himself the holder of that property. Doesn't make him a Baron, certainly, but it can be used by Sir Ewen as evidence that the crown considers him the holder. In a medieval society, where lawyers' deeds do not yet trump the old feudal practices, being summoned by the crown in this capacity seems pretty damned close to being dispositive.

At least that was my hope in naming this as Sir Ewen's price, a solution to Thilisa's challenge to find a way to turn de facto possession into de jure possession. As indicated, it will be helpful to have my assumption tested by getting legal advice regarding the implications, in the event that I am off-base on this score.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...