Problems of Suburbia

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Postby Lord Ewen » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:37 pm

Not the sort of thing I would expect to interest an elf, but there you go. :wink:

Not sure we're the ideal party for dealing with subterranean Morgathian temples, so perhaps if we find one we might wish to take the Serolan up on his offer to deal with any Morgathians we might run across? In the meantime, Ewen will keep his eyes peeled for trap doors...
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:14 pm

Imarë wrote:I am interested in the mention of subterranian Morgathian temples. Could there have been more than one? The religion seemed very entrenched in the area, I cannot see everything being found and eliminated.

Well, there's always the possibility of multiple sites. However, I do feel compelled to point out that according to the history provided the temple was filled with rubble. That having been said, its location (the inner island) is known. There is no indication in the history the Serolan provided that there was another temple in Selvos.

Further, the history indicates what amounts to an inquisition once the Laranians took over. It would have been nearly impossible in such a climate for the Morgathians (or the Agrikans) to have maintained a temple. The constant in Selvos appears to be intolerance.

True Golotha appears to have two temple sites, but it is a city, after all. 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:04 am

I do realize about the size of the settlement and the possibility of more Morgathian temples, but it never hurts to look. It is unclear from the documents when the temple found was filled with rubble or by whom (could have been a new one before this one filled). It also did not mention what happened to the rubble filled temple, was it destroyed or just covered up again (possibility of reclamation?). I am not holding my breath on any of these, but it pays to be thorough sometimes. The temple of Morgath (reincarnated) could be disguised as something else (remember in Coranan where we found what we presume to be a rebel temple of Naveh in the basement of a brothel?). Besides sojurns in the woods and poking about the foundations are there any other avenues which would be fertile to look into?
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:01 am

Imarë wrote:I do realize about the size of the settlement and the possibility of more Morgathian temples, but it never hurts to look. It is unclear from the documents when the temple found was filled with rubble or by whom (could have been a new one before this one filled).

From the timeline, it should be clear that the temple was filled after Arlun the Barbarian conquered Selvos. I'll add that there were no other known temples of Morgath - if there were, the Laranians would have gotten rid of them too when they took over.

Keep in mind that Sir Auram doesn't necessarily want you to do anything about or to any Morgathians you might come across. He just wants to know about them - if they're around. A policy of religious tolerance doesn't mean turning a blind eye ... 8)
Matt
The GM

Previous

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...