At the moot...

For Public Conversation out of the Game's Afoot Area

At the moot...

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:15 pm

Bjan Drogo "For it seems clear to me that if we are to send them - as they have requested - to engage the Southrons, we should do what we can to reinforce them. To scout Fjaga alone would be a great deed - to engage the enemy at Tandir - this is the stuff of which skalds sing."

Igon turns to his kinsmen and retainers of clan Seld and speaks in a hushed tone..
" Well kinsmen? What shall it be? Do we seek new and activities of our enemies at fjaga or do we go to Tandir wgere fell deeds await..."
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:59 am

"If you allow to speak my mind, so let's hit them hard first at Tandir. Afterwards we can still scout Fjaga." With determined face Laenvan plays with the hilt of his triangular bladed shortsword.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:01 am

Cousin, if the Princes could but spare 2 warboats I think that we may yet surprise the southrons and those that would protect them.

With 2 warboats landing near the village of Hoag, setting it to the torch and retiring to the warboats. As we retire to the boats Igon, Jorst, Laenvan, Haefnir and 2 archers that are of our kin plus myself will veer off from the group and double back to strike a blow at Tandir.

Maybe our attack on Hoag will draw off some of the garrison of Tandir, for I fear that would be where there famed 1st legion may be garrisoned.

At Tandir let us strike only those that harbour the southrons, if possible let us not harm any southron in this viking. Let us put fear into the hearts of those that house and protect the invaders. Let them fear us, let them fear that we shall reach out and strike at anyone that harbours the southron scum.

With the bows of Laenvan, our kin and myself we can set ablaze the clanhouses within Tandir and the loose arrows at the castle.

We can then retire towards Fjaga if needs be or retire to the coast and met up with and return home by warboat.

It is a plan Cousin, but I leave it to you to put to our Lordship.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:51 am

Laenvan I would suggest that Igon, Jorst and Haefnir arm themselves as to fight with hand weapons while you and our 2 kin and myself prepare to attack with bow but are also ready to support our friends and kin should the need arise.

I see this viking being one of great risk, however, that does not mean it is impossible. With that in mind I think that each should equipment himself as he is most comfortable. I fear that he find something in which he can move swiftly and yet be protected.

Igon I suggest you find in our clan two volunteers to come with us, I would prefer that they are well verse with bow and sword.

If needs be with our numbers so small if we are required to I should be able to supply us if our plans go wrong and we have to take a more southerly route home, that is of course if we are not out to long.

I think we need approval from their Lords on the number of warboats that they are prepared to use in the viking.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Return to Seld Warband Moot