Raid on Hoeg...

For Public Conversation out of the Game's Afoot Area

Raid on Hoeg...

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:21 pm

As the huscarls move forward, fanning out under the protection of the archers.

Ulauf says to Igon and Jorst "Take care it it much to quiet, I fear either an ambush or the men are mustering elsewhere!"
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:32 pm

If it is an ambush and we are out numbered. The huscarls will hold them until the archers can withdraw to a place where they can cover our retreat.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Ulauf Seld » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:03 am

"As you say cousin" Ulauf nods agreement with his cousins plan.

Ulauf yells so that all the group can hear him "Stay alert my kinsman, I like this situation not at all"

Ulauf moves towards his cousin " I fear we may have misread our brothers in this fight, Cousin see what else she knows"

"And what of this attack on Tandir?"
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:28 pm

Ulauf returns to the group after scouting around the village.....

Looking towards Igon, Ulauf says "Well cousin, I think it is time we make several decisions on what we are going to do."

"I think it is time we said our farewell to Lord Anaka and his men and let them return home and tell our Princes what has transpired here."

"Cousin, should we provision ourselves from this village before we leave. There is only 6 of us and it would hurt them not if we took some dried meat and the like to sustain ourselves during our venture."
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:59 pm

Agreed. Get our people together and take what we need for our journey... I'll inform Lord Anaka.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:49 pm

With a nod Ulauf says "Very well Igon, I will see that we take only what we need and spare these people as much as we can...."

With that Ulauf turns and walks back to the village to see what he can put together.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:52 pm

Ulauf returns to the group bearing several sacks and the like. Each contains enough food for each man for 5 days.

Ulauf places the sacks down on the ground and with a wave watches as Lord Anaka and his men disappear into the treeline surrounding the village Ulauf turns his gaze back to his companions.

"Well my friends, it looks like we have some desicions to make!"

Looking at Erdrick, Ulauf says "I think we need to view your maps again my friend. Let us get our bearings if we are to move on Tandir."

Then turning to Igon and Jorst "Do you think a move on Tandir directly or should we go via Quiam and see what is happening there? We may yet be able to free some of our kinsman and use them to aid us, if that is in their hearts."

"It could yet prove useful to find out if our Jarin 'friends' are allied with the southrons or no. How say you on this my friends?"
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:00 am

Still keeping a watchfull eye at the surroundings and his longbow at the ready Laenvan clears his throat.

"Even if more information could be very usefull and some more men would be welcome, I like to point out that our mission is to harcel Tandir. The risk that the word spreads is great so I speak in favour of heading the fastest possible to Tandir. If we have the possibilities we can make some reconnaissance on our way back or at a later point."

Having said his opinion his eyes are further searching for any threat while he positions himself always so that he covers Lord Igon Selds back.
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Igon Seld » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:30 am

Igon takes a look around, his gaze finally falling on his kinsmen..

"Lord Anaka will send word of the host that is heading to Quiam. I fear that is not the host's final destination. My vote is for a direct run for Tandir.. If the southrons sent a sizeable force to Quiam, then maybe their security will be lax enough for us to get in and save the king...

And since all of us will share the danger equally, your voices will be heard equally kinsman. What of the rest of you?"
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:55 pm

Ulauf nodding his agreement says "It is a bold plan and I will be honoured to play my part in it, I am with you cousin."
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:41 am

Ulauf returns to the group after looking at the maps with Erdrick.

"I think it best for now to avoid other villages lest we draw to much attention to ourselves. Let us make our way directly to Tandir and see what the southrons are up to!"

"I suggest we leave as soon as we have completed our preparations."

With that Ulauf completes the finishing touches of storing the food taken from the village and makes ready to leave as soon as Igon gives the word.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:30 pm

I think a good order of march would be Ulauf leading followed by Erdrick, Laenvan, Haefner, Igon and then Jorst.

Anyone any other ideas?
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:31 pm

The spearmen in the middle? Sven and Olaf Gundar?
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:37 pm

Whoops how could I forget them....I guess they would be behind Igon and Jorst.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:43 pm

Sounds good to me!
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:19 pm

Ulauf returns to the group and says to all in ear shot "I could find no sign of anyone else, I think this man was involved in that attack on Tandir and has staggered here before he collapsed."

Ulauf turns facing towards Tandir "I cannot determine from where this man travelled, his sign has deteriorated due to the rain, but he did not come from the east"

Turning back to the wounded man Ulaufs asks "What of him, do we leave him to his fate or do we help him?"

As per your request my Leige, it has been posted in 'the Games Afoot' area With a bow of my head I express my humble apologies :wink:
Last edited by Ulauf Seld on Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:08 pm

[GM: The previous post should be in the Game's Afoot area. Ulauf - would you copy it there, please?]
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:06 pm

"I think we need to make best speed to Tandir, we have not much daylight left and still a distance to travel and now we know we are in enemy territory completely."

"We now need to move more quietly and with more stealth. I do not know the lay of this land, nor where the villages and fields are so keeping out of sight will be more difficult as we near Tandir."

"My friends I hope the Grey Slayer is watching over us!"
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:20 pm

How far have we traveled from Hoeg? If it is only a few klicks, then it might be worth taking the wounded back. It will show them the mercy of their kinsmen that are loyal to the king. If on the other hand we have gone too far to make it back before night fall, I will make the lad as comfy as possible (I might have a ritual I can use, will have to check) and carry on with our mission.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:17 pm

It has been about an hour or so since we left Hoeg. I think we could make it back to Hoeg either just before or just after nightfall.

As you say cousin, we have vowed the decisions were yours to make....

I shall go and craft a stretcher for us...

With that Ulauf moves into the trees and begins to cut away at some of the trees to make a stretcher.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Matt » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:21 pm

You've gone about two miles from Hoeg (just over three and a half kilometers).

If you turned back, you could probably make it before nightfall. With whom would you leave the wounded man? It's not clear that the Jarin can be trusted, and the Ivinian matrons are elderly.
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Igon Seld » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:34 am

Group vote. Do we carry on and leave him to his fate or take him back to the thran?
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Erdrick » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:02 am

If we have the opportunity, I would vote to assist the man to Hoeg. Out here he's pretty much dead.
User avatar
Erdrick
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:37 pm
Location: Brockville, ON


Return to Seld Warband Moot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron