A proposal....

For Public Conversation out of the Game's Afoot Area

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:30 pm

[GM: A new thing for me. What's the consensus? Is Laenvan now an adopted member of clan Seld - and thus entitled to use the surname - or is this just a matter of vassalage? I'll interpret this in the way the group wants - it's an unexpected event.]
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:34 pm

If the Ivanians are still more clanish than feudal in there social structure, then I opt that Laenvan will be "adopted" so to say. What for a trials he has to pass to earn the right to bear the name Seld... I don't no if Lord Igon has the right on this... it might be so, as he is also a priest...

With this option Laenvan will be of course more closely knit to the seld than even before...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Igon Seld » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Hmm... I really don't know. :? I guess it's a GM call here. What can Igon do? Can he adopt laenvan into the clan? Or does he become a trusted retainer, just like a Huslcarl? I really don't know that much about Ivinan clans and such formalities. :oops:
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:34 pm

In my view, Ivinian society being much more dependent on the clan, Igon would have this power. Not because he's a priest but because he's the heir to Seld.

A trusted retainer like a huscarl is certainly an option (although Laenvan is not one any more than Ulauf is), or an adopted member of family. If you recall, this happened before in the Seld history although the man in question married a Seld woman. Perhaps the former makes the most sense from a clan POV - the trusted retainer route.
Matt
The GM

Previous

Return to Seld Warband Moot