Our next move...

For Public Conversation out of the Game's Afoot Area

Our next move...

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:43 pm

Ulauf listening to the conversation taking place behind him says "Maybe we could get this young lass to lead us to this man, maybe he sees what is before us or maybe he can see what the southrons will do next, or what magik they are using. If he sees us we might learn something useful, if he does not we have wasted but a day or two."

Whispering to Igon, Ulauf says "Maybe the prospects or serving her masters may be motivation, but if that does not work show her a few bright pennies."
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:47 am

Ulauf will spend some spare time during the day training with the longbow....

The rest of the day Ulauf will spend tending his equipment and giving it all a thourough check now that he is in a safe environment.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:43 am

Ulauf Seld wrote:now that he is in a safe environment.

Did you notice the charred and ruined buildings next door? :twisted:
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:50 pm

Now you just stop talking like that..... :o

Looking down at my feet "of course I saw those burnt out buildings what, what did you think I was going to use for target......" :oops:
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:14 pm

Not sure on how the rest of the group stands on this, but Igon would most likely stay the winter waiting on the Princes to decide a cource of action (if any). That way he could be there for his Wife and child, and look after the Clan's interest in Geldeheim, not to mention help defend it if anouther raid comes along. And last but not least his duties as a Sarjini priest would be needed in these troubles times helping out Suri and calming the population.

Igon
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:12 pm

I am all for waiting out the winter unless the Princes have something more pressing that needs to be done in the mean time.....

I could use this time to court young Gutta!!!!
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:03 pm

Input on this topic from everyone would be appreciated - even if you have no opinion. Just post - I have no opinion. Thanks! 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Matt » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:36 am

For those who use the 'new posts' function (as I do) I'm priming the pump.

I'd like everyone to vote on the winter or not issue. (Igon and Ulauf have already done so.)

Thus I'm seeking input from Jorst, Laenvan, and Vagnar. Thanks.
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:07 am

As Laenvan is only a mercenary he will do what he is ordered to do. If there will be a winterpause then Ulauf and he will have enought time for the longbow-training.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:51 am

Ulauf leans forward in his chair looking at his companions "Friends" he says "we are about to spend the better part of several tendays on the road, how do we provision for this journey. It being nearly winter and along a well travelled route should mean that there will be little game for hunting. Are there inns to reprovision ourselves at along the road?"

"We have much to plan and little time to plan it I feel!"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:34 am

Having sobered up a little bit, but only a little Laenvan leans also forward a nearly bumps head with Ulauf. "Nay, nay, nay... between Leriel and Olokand... there is nothing... no inn... no village... nothing. Even if each main settlement has a few outlying villages... the Fur Road is long and devoid of settlement. It does have wolves and bears and gargun and tribesmen and competition." Taking a new gulp... and remarking that his drinkhorn is empty anew he throws it behind his back and continues. "We have to take what we can with us, beans and lard and onions I recommend. This may get boring but it is nourishing and easy to take away." Then he looks astonished at his empty hand and starts searching for his drinkhorn...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:03 pm

Now that we have arrived in Tashal....

We should see that our appearance in the King's court befits our status. Should we use these 3 days or so to purchase some clothing that looks a little less travelled in.

Perhaps Horveal Endjan could recommend someone that could outfit us at a reasonable price. I have the feeling that these people view us as barbarians let us not arrive at their court dressed like them. Now is the time for us to prepare to represent our Princes in a foriegn court, let us not let them or our Kingdom down.

Perhaps Horveal has some other contacts in the city that might be able to tell us what has been happening both on the local scene and news from abroad.

We should use these 3 days to our advantage.....
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:23 am

Looking down on his worn out and travel stained clothes Laenvan looks up with a cheerfull smile upon his lips. "Jorst, you are absolutely right. With this clothes they wouldn't even let us pass to the king. Fortunately we are on my ground by now and I just now where we can find the just clothes... if she is not too busy she will even be able to make clothes for all of us in time. So come on... to the bath first... otherwise she wouldn't recognize mit at all and throw us out the instant we set our foot in her shop."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:18 pm

Proper clothes would be a good thing to get. Lets go shopping boys!
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:48 pm

Perhaps while we have time we should look to having our 'bauble' valued so that a 'letter of authenticity' could be held to verify it's worth during our meeting with the King.

We might need to sell it now so that we can pay for our 'shopping spree'.

Thoughts anyone?????
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:03 pm

Horveal can provide names of merchants capable of fulfilling these needs.

The clothier/tailor most associated with the court is Habor of Sarlis, whose shop is a block or so off Mangai Square.

As to a jeweller, he suggests Lasar of Taldirien, just off Mangai Square. She has a reputation with gemstones.
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:24 am

With thanks to Horveal for his advice...

What should we do with our 'gem' do we carry it with us or do we sell it and obtain an ursers note for it or do we sell it for cash and use the proceeds to get ourselves outfitted and then with what is left offer it to Kaldor.....

Igon you thoughts.....
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Jorst Seld » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:32 am

That did not go as well as I would have hoped...

Still we may have discovered what Tharda's intentions might yet be in Orbaal.

I think we should meet the ambassador and let him host us.....

I wonder at the possibility of arranging a ransom for our King, not much of chance but we might at least be able to figure out if he is still alive.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Lord Naarin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:54 am

It never hurts to talk about a subject. At the very least we might be able to find out how King Alegar is and if there is a possibility of retrieving him.

I believe I had posted earlier that Naarin felt there was little chance of success. Kaldor if fat and happy and to go to save Orbaal they would need a pressing reason. We need to discuss what the goals are now that the embassy seems to have come to naught. Relying on the princes to give us direction for everything we do could get very cloying. There seem prospects for action which can fight the danger to home without becoming errand boys. I suggest a new thread to discuss openly the ideas everyone has and to, without people feeling rank has a place. I will start the new thread as soon as I finish here.
Lord Naarin
In the Blessed Realm

Return to Seld Warband Moot