A cunning plan...

For Public Conversation out of the Game's Afoot Area

A cunning plan...

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:20 am

"Cousin. I wonder how many warriors this Lord can muster quickly."

"If we could muster around 20 warriors to take back Fjaga, with Laenvan and I with these longbows we could be dropping those Jarin archers well before they are in range with their shortbows"

"Vagnar might be able to slip in to the keep, a few days before we attack and I guess he might be able to ensure that they do not close the gates of the the keep on us during the attack."

"I saw no kinsman hanging from trees in the village, this could mean that the Ivinians are being kept in the dungeon or the like and need to be freed."

"Think of the honour being the first to reclaim that which has been lost to us!"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: A cunning plan...

Postby Matt » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:58 am

Ulauf Seld wrote:"I saw no kinsman hanging from trees in the village, this could mean that the Ivinians are being kept in the dungeon or the like and need to be freed."

If by this you mean Selds, you are correct. But if you mean Ivinians, then you're mistaken. Every person hanging in the trees both in the village and at Fjaga was an Ivinian, and women and children were among the dead at Fjaga too. By this you should deduce not that there are Ivinians waiting to be freed, but that the Jarin are executing every Ivinian they can lay their hands on.
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:39 pm

I'm not sure 20 men would do it cousin. They seem to be ready for an attack. How many troops did they muster as we approached? How many archers do they have manning the walls? What if we are discovered and they retreat to the caer? 20 men without seige equipment will be nothing more than crow meat.

Nay cousin, I think we should muster as many troops we can at Geldeheim and return and lay waste to these thralls... Over run their positions with over whelming force and kill them all... except for one to tell the tale
Last edited by Igon Seld on Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Re: A cunning plan...

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Ulauf Seld wrote:"I saw no kinsman hanging from trees in the village, this could mean that the Ivinians are being kept in the dungeon or the like and need to be freed."

If by this you mean Selds, you are correct. But if you mean Ivinians, then you're mistaken. Every person hanging in the trees both in the village and at Fjaga was an Ivinian, and women and children were among the dead at Fjaga too. By this you should deduce not that there are Ivinians waiting to be freed, but that the Jarin are executing every Ivinian they can lay their hands on.

Thanks for clearing that up.....makes the 'rescue' plan seem redundant now :oops:
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:51 pm

"Ah cousin, again I bow to your better judgment."
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:34 pm

Laenvan nods his head in silent approval of Lord Igon's decision. It has saved him to take the word by himself. For he knows that in a fortified position of determined men can hold it against many times their number...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Return to Seld Warband Moot