So what now?

For Public Conversation out of the Game's Afoot Area

So what now?

Postby Igon Seld » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:25 pm

Well lads, what shall we do now eh? I know a lot of it depends on what the Princes may do but I guess we can get some ideas rolling.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:57 pm

As the group partake of their trail rations, Ulauf suggests that perhaps he and Erdrick scout ahead while the rest of the group breaks camp.

As Pethwys is an unknown to us it might pay to see what sort of reception we can expect as we move closer.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:38 am

"Passes are allways dangerous ground so we have to make sound plans how to react to possible attacks. We are near Pethewys and after the last informations we got, it may well be in the hands of rebellious Jarin. So we have to be very careful." He takes a gulp from his flask before he continues. "If there is any possibilty I propose that Ulauf will take to high grounds on one side and I on the other." He shrugs his shoulder. "I'm for sure not any help in scouting ahead but at least we both as archers would have the advantage of higher ground should there be an incident... As our mission is most urgent I also propose should we get under attack we should try to press on as fast as possible and not retreat in a purely defensive stand and we have to protect our provisions. With this considerations I propose that Jorst leads followed by Igon, they will be the head to break through. Then Sroan with the mules helped if necessary by Dragoran and Vagnar while Erdrick makes up the rear with Sven and Olaf. What do you say?"
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:48 am

Alas poof Olaf. (I knew him not...)

He has gone to sit with Sarajin my friend. Remember he stopped an arrow fired by those southrons.

It is a good plan Laenvan, my only concern will be that you and I can make headway at all amongst the rocks on each flank.

Your thoughts Jorst and Igon?
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:29 am

Ulauf sitting around the camp goes about tending his equipment making sure that all his gear has survived the days travel.

Before darkness falls Ulauf and Laenvan will get some practice in on the longbow.

Sitting down to a fireless camp Ulauf will have some of the rations that they have brought with them from the mules. Ulauf will remind Soran that there is fodder on each of the mules that they can used to forage on.

As we have some noncombatants in the group now we might consider re-arranging our watches for the night.

First watch Laenvan and Erdrick
Second watch Igon and Jorst
Third watch Ulauf and Vagnar
Fourth watch Sven and Dragoran

I think we need to establish some camp duties while we are out....

Collecting firewood - Laenvan and Sven
Tending the animals - Soran and Vagnar (vet/healing skills)
Camp security - Ulauf and Jorst
Hunting and foraging - Ulauf
Taking care of our spiritual wellbeing and command of the group - Igon
Meal preperation and clean up - Erdrick and Dragoran

Some nights some duties will not need to be carried out, like tonight for example no firewood needed as there is no fire so these members might help out with some of the other duties around the camp. Please feel free to add your views or comments so that we can sort out who will be doing these set tasks.

Once the discussion for the night concludes Ulauf retires for the night to get some sleep before his watch.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:47 am

Laenvan sitting around the camp goes about tending his equipment making sure that all his gear has survived the days travel.

Before darkness falls he shows Ulauf one more trick with the longbow and gets some practice.

Sitting down to a fireless camp with Ulauf he will have some of the rations that they have brought with them from the mules.

"Say, Ulauf, you has proven yourself to be some fine huntsman." Laenvan starts a conversation. "I will be interested to learn some of your art. As it has proven at the moment I'm not a great help when it comes to surviving in the wilds or scouting..." He laughs heartidly. "Something I would like to change. What do you say?"
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Matt » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:46 pm

Night arrangements understood. (Unless someone else has an objection.)
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:59 am

Laenvan Hawkeye wrote:"Say, Ulauf, you has proven yourself to be some fine huntsman." Laenvan starts a conversation. "I will be interested to learn some of your art. As it has proven at the moment I'm not a great help when it comes to surviving in the wilds or scouting..." He laughs heartidly. "Something I would like to change. What do you say?"


I see no reason why not, we can start while we are out you can be my hunting companion. You remember Deam my Jarin friend back at home he was my hunting partner back in simpler times. No better man at cleaning and gutting a kill.

We can start right now. Taking Laenvan over to some of the footprints around the campsite in the fading light Ulauf describes the ways of telling how old the sign is, how fast the sign was travelling and looking at other sign how to tell the different sign apart.

Obviously this is not going to make you a hunter today but over time we will see.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:40 am

Trying hard to figure out what exactly Ulauf is telling him about how to "read" footprints Laenvan scratches himself at the head. "By Halea, on what for an adventure have I gone. Sorry, dear Ulauf, even if all your words make sense right at the moment I can't distuingish anything." He claps his shoulder. "Perhaps tomorrow in better light I will fare better as your pupil." He is all smiles as he returns with his teacher/pupil or is it pupil/teacher to the camp.
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:36 pm

Igon will lend a hand where it's needed in regards to camp duties as well as loking after the spirtual needs of his companions. In the evenings he will tell the stories of our people to keep the mood uplifted.

**OOG** I assume that everyone speaks Harnic, but since I have never asked... do they? Also Igon will offer to teach some of the Lakise script for those who don't know it.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:45 pm

Igon Seld wrote:**OOG** I assume that everyone speaks Harnic, but since I have never asked... do they? Also Igon will offer to teach some of the Lakise script for those who don't know it.


Ulauf sits and listens to Igon retell his stories, he finds it amazing how Igon can manage to tell the same story but never tell it the same way twice.

"Cousin, fair is my Harnic" Ulauf says in Harnic....

"I would be interested to learn the script but I fear that we have other duties to attend to along the way. But perhaps when all this is over I can look forward to you and I sitting by a fire and you showing me your talents." Ulauf contines in Ivinian.

After listening to another of Igons sagas Ulauf retires for the night until his watch.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Matt » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:12 am

Igon Seld wrote:**OOG** I assume that everyone speaks Harnic, but since I have never asked... do they?

Everyone speaks at least fair Harnic, although those born in Orbaal speak it with a Jarin-influenced dialect.

IMC, Orbaalese is not really a language as I don't consider the short passage of time sufficient to develop a separate language. Hence, you all speak Ivinian, however, certain loan words have no doubt crept in on both sides. Jarinese remains a separate language, although it is spoken mostly by the very old and is dying out.

In game terms, most of this is invisible. It might matter in the reading of a complex document or in metaphysical conversations between scholars. Other than that ...
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Jorst Seld » Wed May 03, 2006 7:05 pm

Should we consider trying to organise a meeting with the local Lord here and pass on the news of the caravan.

In terms of being courteous would it also be appropriate that we would drop in and say a hello to the local lord.
User avatar
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:30 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ (Sydney, AU)

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:09 pm

Well clansmen do we settle for wool or would we rather something a little more extravegant given our objective here in Tashal.

Maybe seal skin might be more suitable or perhaps something else altogether????
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia


Return to Seld Warband Moot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron