Azura 27, 730 - The Geldeheim Moot

The Public Area for the PBF

Azura 27, 730 - The Geldeheim Moot

Postby Matt » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:30 am

(GM: If you have not yet read the Battle of Fjaga and its aftermath, go here first, and then come back.)

The Geldeheim Moot - Azura 27, 730

Fog swirled about the fjord this morning, reminding many of the morning of the battle now just ten days ago. A makeshift dais had been cobbled together on upper Hagined Common, near the Jarin burial ground. On the dais were three stools - all the same. Men milled about, waiting for 10 am when the moot was scheduled to begin. They were fierce men - battle hardened warriors. Though they had lost the Battle of Fjaga, they were not defeated. They wanted nothing so much as another chance at the Southrons. Some of the townsfolk loitered about the edges of the field, and most were tolerated, although the few Jarin were chased off. The Seld Warband jockeyed for position, managing to get fairly close to the dais, although the area just in front had been staked off.

Soon after the appointed hour, a group emerged from the castle and came along the road towards the common. The three older princes - Meraag, Raabaas, and Alegar - led, followed by the fifteen year old princes Varined and Jorni. Then came the great lords of Vaagen, Tawheim, Zynholm, Aaldem, and the recently arrived Lord of Zuden, Bjaal Ruindael. Behind them came the Lord of Daasen, his arm in a sling, and Bjan Drogo, walking with difficulty with one crutch, and a bandage yet about his skull. The three older princes ascended the dais, and all the others crowded in front. Someone handed Bjan Drogo a stool, but he refused it. Prince Meraag stepped forward.

“Warriors of Orbaal! My brothers and I thank you for your service! We have fought a great and terrible battle against a hardy foe, and though we were driven from the field, we know that the Ivinian heart is strong! We know the wolf within each of you is undaunted!” He paused as the soldiers cheered. These were words they liked. Words they needed to hear. After a moment, Meraag went on. “We all know what happened at Fjaga. We were driven off our own ground and our King was taken! Warriors! I tell you I and my brothers shall not rest until we have avenged this insult and our glorious King, Alegar II once again rules his hall!” More cheering, and thumping of spears.

“Many a good warrior has gone to Talagaad, and I know you have been wondering about their fate. Bjan Drogo saw the aftermath of the battlefield and I ask him now to tell us the tale in his words.” With that, Meraag and the other two princes sat down upon the stools.

Bjan Drogo stood forward, and bowed to the princes. Then he turned to the assembled warriors. “Brothers!” he began. “I share your shame and your loss. Though I fell defending my King, I cannot describe my dishonor at living while he was taken captive. I shall devote every breath to bringing him back. When I awoke on the field at Fjaga, it must have been late the next day. I saw my wounded leg, and marveled I had not bled to death. As I looked over the field, I saw no dead of the enemy - only our own. I realized the Southrons had taken their dead for honorable burial, but left ours as carrion.” He spat in the dirt. “That is no way to enter Talagaad!” Soon, I found a few other survivors, and we rounded up some thralls from the nearby village and put them to work collecting the dead and building an honorable funeral pyre to light the way to the Hall of the Gray Slayer!” Drogo returned to his place as the warriors cheered, and shook their spears.

Halvor Karolaan, the Valhakar of Vaagel, stepped forward. “Princes of the House of Taareskeld! While your noble father is still our King, we need a ruler in these times. Which of you will take upon himself the regency?”

The princes exchanged glances. “I had thought we settled this Lord Vaagel,” said Raabaas. “We three shall rule jointly until our father’s return.”

Vaagel bowed. “Yes, Prince Raabaas, I know your views. But a Regent is not a King. Orbaal needs one voice to address this threat - not three. We have just fought a mighty battle with our army the cream of Orbaal. Every man here fought well. I know every man here will answer the call and defend our land against the invaders. But we must admit that we underestimated these Southrons. We thought them weak - oh, brave enough against their own kind, but not the equal of our fierce huscarls. We thought they would not be able to use their knights in our rugged terrain. We thought they would break as our shieldwall advanced. We thought a boy of only twenty winters would be inexperienced in leading men in battle. We thought wrong.”

“We were lured out into the open. We knew this boy had erred - that he had given us the high ground. Yet what he truly did was to draw us out onto an open plain where his cavalry could hit us when we couldn’t hit back. He kept his best troops in reserve to exploit the breach the cavalry he shouldn’t have used made. I say to you Princes of Taareskeld that we must not underestimate this King again!” The warriors nearby cheered these words and Vaagel held up his hands. “We now know that he has withdrawn from Fjaga, but holds the rest of Akag - behind a range of mountains which we cannot breach. The dragonship of the King has been burned, along with many other warboats in the fjord. And we know the Southrons have ships in Tandir. Our King has been taken captive. The Lord of Arathel may have turned against us. The Jarin control Lorkin and possibly all of Nuthela. This is a time for unity, my princes, for Orbaal to speak with one voice!”

“We do speak with one voice, my brothers and I,” said Prince Alegar. “And we shall continue to do so until our father returns.”

“And we have more urgent matters to attend, Lord Vaagel,” said Raabaas, standing up. “Warriors! Lord Vaagel is right about one thing - we must not underestimate the Southrons again. We were taken by surprise at their strength, but this they can only do once. Winter approaches, and now is the time for us to gather our power. Many of you will return to your homes for the winter, but know we will have need of your strength in the spring. Whether the Southrons return or not, there will be work to do in retaking the lands they have stolen.”

“In the meantime, we shall call on some of you to undertake missions at this time. We must know more by the spring than we did before Fjaga. We must know what is happening in Lorkin. We must know what Jarin resistance festers in Leriel, in Pethwys, in Gwaeryn. We must know why the Agrikans at Quimen did not answer the call. What of Pled, and the others who still sit in their halls, while better men fight and die? And we must learn more about the Cyeens at Arathel. Has the half-breed joined the enemy against us, or was he too cowardly to fight? We must know what happens in Tandir and the whole Akag.” He paused. “Let those who would speak at this moot do so now.”

Lord Vaagel walked forward, a spear in his hand with the gold dragon on a red field pennant of clan Taareskeld attached below the point. “Let he who would speak come forward. While a man has the spear, let no one interrupt.”

Suri Sweyrn, High Priest of Sarajin came forward, and proclaimed a blessing over the army and the men who had fought so bravely. Then several warriors came forward. As they took the spear in turn, they all affirmed their loyalty to King Alegar, and pledged to fight the invaders from the south and the Jarin vermin who had risen up against them. One man wondered if the Jarin and the Southrons were allied, and the princes and lords admitted they did not know, but this too, was something that needed exploring. “Are there any others who would come forward?” called Prince Raabaas.

(GM: Feel free to add to this thread. The PBF has begun!)
Matt
The GM

Re: Azura 27, 730 - The Geldeheim Moot

Postby Igon Seld » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:14 pm

Matt wrote:( “Are there any others who would come forward?” called Prince Raabaas.

"My lord prince, I would speak". Igon moves forward to the spear and bows toward the dais.

"My lords, I offer the sevices of myself and my clansmen to seek out the knowledge we need. I have travelled somewhat in the invaders lands and our loyal retainer Laenvan Hawkeye was born in Kaldor and has travelled the south.

I agree we need to gain knowledge of the Southrons, their capabilities, troop strengths and their ablity to wage a distant war. Most important we must learn the nature of our enemy, this boy king.

There are stories of his father using the black arts after his battle with the King of Kanday, Laenvan swears that this thing blocked an arrow shot by him but with a wave of his hand ... and we also have the capture of our king in the midst of our army ... only with the aid of some foul art could this be achieved.

They have no honour. The evidence is given to this fact by Bjan Drogo in their treatment of our fallen. Their king uses witchcraft in battle, a coward's act! The church of the insane one still holds sway in their kingdom ... they bed with darkness and evil.

Brothers ... we must stamp this evil out. Drive it from our lands. Drive it from Harn!" Igon stops to catch breath ... and sweeps his gaze over the crowd, he then turns to the princes. "My lords we have a long and dangerous task before us. The foe is dangerous and may yet have more in mind, but with blessings of the Grey slayer we will prevail ... in the mean time information is needed ... and more troops.

When I travelled last to the west, I journeyed to the Earldom of Tormau ... he was gathering a large force of our kinsmen, to what pupose I could not guess, but he has many Ivinian and Orbaalese troops there. We need those men here my lords."

Igon bows and steps back.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:36 pm

Igon hands the spear back, and Bjan Drogo steps forward to take it.

"Well spoken! The invader does despoil our lands, and must be driven out. Though I am loathe to say it, I do not countenance this talk of the dark arts. I was there, near the King, and it was but horsemen against footmen that achieved that deed. The Southrons may be in league with evil, but they are not supermen."

"As to the Earl of Tormau, he is dead." A murmur arose in the crowd, but the Taareskelds seemed to already know this.

"Two summers ago, with an army including mercenaries from our people, Tormau rose in rebellion against this King. At the same time, he had allied with dark churches in the fell city of Golotha and made common cause with them. Tormau inflicted a defeat on one of the King's armies near Shostim, but by this point Arren II had assaulted Golotha and reduced it to submission. He turned north and met Tormau at a Battle called Retu and defeated him. It is said Tormau and Arren II clashed swords together, and the boy King slew his rebellious earl. Very few Ivinians came home after that battle. Tormau castle is now held by one of our adversaries at Fjaga - the Earl of Westmarch."

Drogo bowed and returned the spear.

"Igon Seld," called Prince Raabaas. "Do you propose to scout the Southron lands or is it something else of which you speak?"
Matt
The GM

Postby Haefnir Ralder » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:57 pm

“In the meantime, we shall call on some of you to undertake missions at this time. We must know more by the spring than we did before Fjaga. We must know what is happening in Lorkin. We must know what Jarin resistance festers in Leriel, in Pethwys, in Gwaeryn. We must know why the Agrikans at Quimen did not answer the call. What of Pled, and the others who still sit in their halls, while better men fight and die? And we must learn more about the Cyeens at Arathel. Has the half-breed joined the enemy against us, or was he too cowardly to fight? We must know what happens in Tandir and the whole Akag.” He paused. “Let those who would speak at this moot do so now.”

“Great lords, I do not believe we can ill afford to wait for spring.”

“The Agrikans, while fierce warriors can not be relied upon for reasons of their own. They will serve only their own interests. They have never served the king well and I for one would not trust the Lord of Balgashang with keys to MY hall, or rely on him to keep my hearths burning”

“We must first punish those Ivinians that provide aid and succor to our southern foes, in doing so they show they have no honor. We can not afford to allow their treason to go unanswered lest we wish to the banners of Tharda fly from the holdings of all Ivinian clanhouses. Show these clans that they can not protect their halls.”

“Then we must strike at the invaders themselves; dash any hope that they have of an easy conquest. We must strike these southerners, strikesat them as they huddle in the halls of traitors hiding from winter storms. Strike them here on our shores and strike them in their own lands. Show them that we can return upon great misery and hardship, let them worry for their women and children.”

“Are we not men of the sea, to be feared? Let us imitate the stature of our grandfathers and take to the sea and strike as we choose in those places they can not defend. Let us strike fast leaving nothing but fear and misery. Let us make these invaders fear the very sound of the crashing waves of the sea”

“I am sure the great lords of Orbaal wait, like wolves circling a corpse, waiting to strike a wounded foe. Let us show them that we are far from dead, that our strength is intact and our spirit strong. That will speak greater than any emissaries…we must come from a position of strength otherwise any request for aid will likely be seen as a cry for help, an invitation from the sheep to the wolves.”

“We can not allow the southern armies to threaten our halls.”

“I say we strike now, as surely the Southrons truly believe the fight to be theirs, let them feel the bite of our steel let them know the measure of our manhood.”
Haefnir Ralder
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:30 am

Matt wrote:Drogo bowed and returned the spear.

"Igon Seld," called Prince Raabaas. "Do you propose to scout the Southron lands or is it something else of which you speak?"

Taking hold of the spear, Igon steps forward.

"My Lord, As always I will do my lords duty as he see's fit and will complete the tasks set befor me as any loyal man will."

"My heart burns with vengence and I wish to stike a blow to these dogs and make them fear the men of the north. I want to go for and rescue our king and make the bastard regret taking him!'

"But my mind urges caution, to go for and learn what is befor us and find the weakness of our foes so that our victory will be complet over him."

"I fear I am of two minds on what course to take... a bold stroke or a more studied aproach. Both have merit... and both could lead to doom..."
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Haefnir Ralder » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:39 am

"But my mind urges caution, to go for and learn what is befor us and find the weakness of our foes so that our victory will be complet over him."

Noble Seld, is not a sign of weakness that our enemies were unable or unwilling to follow up on thier "victory"? This speaks volumes of either thier contempt for us or thier arrogance in their own abilites. Both of which can be used to our advantage.

I do not claim to know more of our foe than any of us, but what I do know is that we have more enemies than the southrons. Even as we speak word of the Kings abduction and the loss at Fjaga is surely embolding dissent among the ambitious of or Ivinian Kinsman as well as fueling ambition among our Jarin Thralls...let us not forget the uprisings of 01 as we all suffered losses of our kinsman there.

We can ill afford to fight two enemies, one that lives in the shadow of our halls.

As for our King, we can not skulk over thier walls and abduct him back as if we were imbued with the guile of Naveh, nor will the Southrons simply hand him over upon request

Would it not be better then, to approach these invaders from a position of power. Force them to retun our King on our terms.

"I fear I am of two minds on what course to take... a bold stroke or a more studied aproach. Both have merit... and both could lead to doom"

Both should be done, and doing one does not prevent the other.

I urge my Seld Kinsman to remember that these are our lands and our people, they come for our halls and women. To take what your Grandfathers strove to build on this land. We have the advantage here.

Of all the clans, the Seld too know that your enemies are all our enemies and no clan can escape the fate that befalls the others.

As both decisions may lead to our doom, then we must move at once. We have nothing to fear but the Hall of Sarajin or victory over the invaders. Both fine outcomes indeed.

Surely This is the Seld wisdom we have all come to know and respect at these gatherings.
Haefnir Ralder
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:51 am

Melvold Saargax, Lord of Zynholm, stepped forward and took the spear. "I say we strike. Return to Fjaga - reclaim it. And then through the pass to the Akag. A small raiding party to Quiam, or even Tandir. Bloody their noses and make the run home to their mama's teat!"

"I like it," said Prince Alegar. "But it must be Tandir. We can strike a blow and learn what we must at the same time."

"What of the Jarin, who now hold Lorkin?" asked Prince Raabaas.
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:55 am

Haefnir Ralder wrote:
Noble Seld, is not a sign of weakness that our enemies were unable or unwilling to follow up on thier "victory"? This speaks volumes of either thier contempt for us or thier arrogance in their own abilites. Both of which can be used to our advantage.

"It was foolish on their part not to finsh what they started brother, and on that score they shall pay dearly for their stupidity."

We can ill afford to fight two enemies, one that lives in the shadow of our halls.

"I'm not sugesting that we invite that brother, but we learnt a hard lesson at Fjaga, we should not so quickly forget it. We were rash at the begining of the battle. We asumed we had the better position... were wrong. Yes we need to show our enimies are resolve and strength, but we can not blingly throw are troops at him with out knowlege and hope to win. We tried that once... and failed. We can not aford another Fjaga my lords, to do so would have our enemies gather and swarm us like bloody foulspawn."

As for our King, we can not skulk over thier walls and abduct him back as if we were imbued with the guile of Naveh, nor will the Southrons simply hand him over upon request.

Would it not be better then, to approach these invaders from a position of power. Force them to retun our King on our terms.

"I have not intention of ASKING those bastards for anything, nor do I plan to sneek like a bloody thief. We will TAKE our king back and leave nothing but ruin and horror behind!"

Both should be done, and doing one does not prevent the other.

"On this I agree brother."

I urge my Seld Kinsman to remember that these are our lands and our people, they come for our halls and women. To take what your Grandfathers strove to build on this land. We have the advantage here.

"I have never forgoten , nor will I! But our advantage is shrinking as more time passes... we need information now! Where IS the King? If we are to take him back we must know where he is being held."

"If we strike back at the invaders, we must do so soon before they can fortify their postions. An assault from the sea combind with an ground attack would work... but we need ships and men. And that will take more time than we have."

Of all the clans, the Seld too know that your enemies are all our enemies and no clan can escape the fate that befalls the others.

This is understood by all who stand here now."

As both decisions may lead to our doom, then we must move at once. We have nothing to fear but the Hall of Sarajin or victory over the invaders. Both fine outcomes indeed.

"This is true and I lookforward to sitting at the Slayers table when he calls, but for now their is much work for me here, so I would rather stand apon our enimies neck and send them to what ever perversion they call god."

Surely This is the Seld wisdom we have all come to know and respect at these gatherings.

"It is. And I will support any discission made here as will my clan."

"We need a bold stroke to throw our foes into fear, doubt and chaos. We need to cut the head from the serpent... if we could do this while he is still on our ground.... "
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:51 pm

Attentively Laenvan follows the words of the different speakers but doesn't dare say anything. After all he is only a mercenary in the pay of Clan Seld and for that he will only speak and say his opinion if asked for it.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:10 pm

Haefnir Ralder wrote:“We can not allow the southern armies to threaten our halls.”

“I say we strike now, as surely the Southrons truly believe the fight to be theirs, let them feel the bite of our steel let them know the measure of our manhood.”

Jorst stood and claimed the spear.

"My friend Haefnir's words seem to me good counsel. We must indeed act swiftly, although carefully. First and foremost, we need to know more of the disposition of the enemy - how many there are, of what kind, where they are, and so forth. We can then plan our counter-attack. I say, therefore, the first step is reconnaissance. Then we strike.

"Whatever, we cannot wait for Spring. Seldholm lies in the path of the invaders. We shall not wait, but rather strike back!"
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:23 pm

Ulauf stands and takes the spear from Bjan....

"My Princes, Lords, Valhakar and sword brothers." Turning to face each in turn and bowing his head.

"I am Ulauf Seld, I too like you fought at Fjaga and was ashamed to be cowed by those southrons. I have listened to the sage council given by all."

Turning to Igon "I too thought that a raid into the southrons homeland to retrieve our King a matter of utmost urgency, by alas listening to the others speak, my mind tells me that a strike here at home is more urgent."

Turning the Princes, "My lords, we should not let our defeat go unanswered lest the southrons believe us beaten, a counter attack should be mustered as soon as is possible, if the southrons believe they have us beaten let us show them their grave error of judgement"

Turning to the assembled warriors "I know not where to strike or in what measure, but strike we must!"

"I see before me men of stout heart and iron will and I fear that this war will not be over soon, let us show those traitors that harbour these southrons that we shall so them no peace."

Turning once more to the Princes "My Lords, let us attack those that invade our homeland, let us kill their sentries, harrass their convoys and feast on their supplies. Let the enemy know no peace or rest, if we operate in small numbers we can remain undetected as one who hunts the bear, if we strike from different directions, they will not be able to counter our strikes I am yet to see a horseman that can be in two places at once. Let us like our fore fathers take up the viking, let us strike, strike hard and then disappear into the mist, let us strike by land and by sea, LET US SHOW THESE SOUTHRONS THAT THERE IS LIFE STILL LEFT, AND THAT EACH AND EVERY CLANSMAN WILL DEFY THEM WITH SWORD, BOW AND SHIELD."

"My Princes, whatever action is deemed necessary during this conflict know that while I still draw breath, I will serve you!"

Ulauf turns and hands the spear to Bjan and resumes his place in the assembled throng.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:25 pm

Bjan Drogo smiles, and takes the spear. "Mighty princes," he says. "It seems the clan Seld had stepped forward in this darkest hour. Who can be surprised? These young men have loyally served King and country for years now. I have personally trained several of them, and I say they are the most loyal servants of the crown."

"It is true that we must seek out the loyalty of Quimen, and learn of Lorkin, Leriel, and others. It is also true that we have very few ships at our disposal. But may we find a warboat to put at the disposal of clan Seld? If not, may we at least find a militiaman or two to accompany this intrepid warband?"

"For it seems clear to me that if we are to send them - as they have requested - to engage the Southrons, we should do what we can to reinforce them. To scout Fjaga alone would be a great deed - to engage the enemy at Tandir - this is the stuff of which skalds sing."

Drogo bowed, and returned the spear.
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:37 am

Matt wrote:"For it seems clear to me that if we are to send them - as they have requested - to engage the Southrons, we should do what we can to reinforce them. To scout Fjaga alone would be a great deed - to engage the enemy at Tandir - this is the stuff of which skalds sing."
Drogo bowed, and returned the spear.

As Drogo finishes and the crowed befor the princes discuss and argue over what has been said, Igon and his Cousins have a hurried discussion....

after a few moments, Igon goes to the spear. As the crowed quiets down he speaks.... "My lord princes, my cousin Ulauf has come up with a bold plan..."
Turning towards his kinsman and waving him forward.... "come cousin, explain your plan..."
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:19 pm

Ulauf steps forward and claims the spear, looking rather nervous, he turns to the the Princes.

Bowing his head he begins...

"My Lords, my plan I hope shall acheive all that has been spoken about, if 2 warboats could be spared and the men to crew them, we could sail and land not more than a league from the village of Hoag. With our warriors surprising the garrison there and setting the village to the torch.

The enemy believe our fleet destroyed, and thus a strike from the sea will give us a best chance of success.

This should show to our 'brothers' what will happen to those that shelter these southron invaders.

Then our warriors shall return to the boats and return home...less of course my cousin Igon, my brother Jorst, Laenvan, Haefnir and 2 more of our kin that are accomplished with the bow.

Our group needs to be small to remain hidden and thus move through the hills and mountains undetected.

Our group shall remain behind and move towards Tandir, hopefully this attack on Hoag will draw the defenders away from Tandir and will shall set the clanhouses afire. Our intention is not to harm any of the southrons on this attack but to show those that provide shelter to them what will happen for their treacherous acts.

Our group shall then either return my land towards Fjaga and scout out the land here or if needs be return to a prior arrange point to be picked up by a warboat and retern home with the rest of our warriors.

My Lords I am but a humble hunter, but with the strength of heart that I have seen in our warriors we can prevail and show the invaders that there is fight still left in us."

Bowing his head he returns the spear to Bjan and resumes his seat among the assembled warriors.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:19 pm

When Ulauf has finished speaking, the Lord of Vaagel takes the spear. He and Bjan Drogo move towards the dais, and confer with the princes for a moment. With the princes nodding, Raabaas speaks.

"Your plan is bold, Ulauf Seld, and we approve. We cannot spare you two warboats as there are but six left to us in the whole fjord, and only three here. One we can spare, and warriors to crew here beyond those you have named. Your proposal to raid Hoeg [GM: I'm assuming 'Hoag' is 'Hoeg.'] is sound and will let those of the Akag know we are still their masters. Tandir, as you know, is among the strongest fortifications in Orbaal, overlooking the town from its craggy heights. A raid there will remind our enemies that we still rule this land. Yet just as important, we need to know how the enemy seized such a fortress, and what strength they have there. Is King Alegar there, or have the Southrons taken him elsewhere? Do these things, warriors, and the skalds shall sing of you for generations. Tomorrow, you shall have your warboat. Tonight, you shall feast in the hall of my father. And now, warriors, let us turn to other matters before us. Who shall step forward to go to Lorkin?"

With that, the Seld portion of the moot would appear to be at an end. Others step forward to travel to Lorkin, to Leriel, to Arathel, to Pled, though none to Quimen. In the end, the princes ask the Lord of Zynholm to undertake that task, and he agrees. As the moot breaks up, it is nearing 2 in the afternoon and you should discuss further (in this thread) plans for your raid. After that, I'll open a new thread for the feast this evening. A very fine start one and all!
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:40 am

When Ulauf takes his seat among his peers again, Laenvan can't hold back and slaps him on the shoulder - not to hard. "Well and cunningnly spoken, my friend."

When the moot finishes he addresses Igon. "Unfortunately we will have only warboat at our disposal, so we will have to plan carefully. How many men will we be now effectively and how will they be armed?"
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Return to The Game's Afoot