Azura 29, 730 - Hoeg Village

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Matt » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:43 pm

Igon tries to peel away some of the armor, and as he does so, gently removes the makeshift bandage to get a better look at the wound. The man groans.

"Water," Igon said, and washes away some of the blood and dirt to get a better look at the wound. "Looks like a puncture - the work of a spear or a sword." Igon can see also that the man wears a woolen tunic under the hauberk, and that some of it appears to have been thrust deep into the wound.

Igon grimly realizes that the man might survive if a better surgeon were at hand, the wound was already infected no doubt. He might overcome the wound itself, but the infection was another matter entirely. He would need care - and lots of it to have any chance at all. As he began to relay this diagnosis, the man groaned again in pain, and he opened his eyes. Grimacing, he choked out, "Who ... who are you?"
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:51 pm

Matt wrote: "Who ... who are you?"

Igon smiles gently.. "I am Igon Seld and I'm trying to help you. Who are you and how is it that we find you here?"
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:23 pm

"I, I am Nuri of Breissan, from ... Elnig." Each word seems painful, and his hand automatically goes back to his side, as he gulps air to speak. He looks up into Igon's eyes. "Seld," he exhales. "From ... south? Word came of a battle that way. I followed my Valhakar to war - we fought the Southrons at Tandir. So many, so many ..." He clenches his teeth, stifling a cry of pain. When it passes, Igon gives him a little of the water to drink.

"Thanks," he croaks. "It was hopeless - there were so many they came out of the castle and attacked us on the slope of Tandir. I escaped, me and my cousin Stohl - we hid in the forest to the west and tried to get home, but there were too many patrols. A lady sheltered us, but there was trouble. The Jarin in the village rebelled, and they came for us. I saw Stohl cut down - I threw my spear as another Jarin came from behind and stuck me with his. I killed him, but the rest were after me - I ran until I could run no more, and then I collapsed against this tree. And now you are here." His chest is heaving with the effort of speech.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:59 pm

Ulauf walks away from the wounded man. Looking at Erdrick Ulauf says 'Where is this village Elnig?"

"So the Jarin think they can take up arms against us, my friends it appears we are fighting both the southrons and the Jarin." Ulauf says looking towards the ground "Our plan of drawing out the defenders to Hoeg so that we could move on Tandir does not appear to be working and with the Jarin against us we now know we have no friends at all here!"

Moving towards Igon, Ulauf whispers to his cousin "I think it best my cousin to make him as comfortable as possible and let him go and join Sarajin's table"

Turning towards the rest of the group Uluaf continues "My friends I think with the Jarin now against us as well we best hurry to Tandir see what is happening there, see if attacking this castle is in our best interests and return home with this information."

Tapping Nuri lightly on the left shoulder Ulauf says "Go to the Grey Slayer in peace bold warrior, may you feast well at his table and may it be many summer before we sit at his table with you......" then Ulauf continues in a whisper as he walks away "but I doubt it......"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Erdrick » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:23 pm

"I believe Elnig is just south of Quiam. It is probably as far from here, as we are from Tandir. If we had more time, I would suggest we take him back to Hoeg, but time is not on our side."
Erdrick
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:34 am

Uluaf disappears into the woods looking for likely peices of timber to construct a stretcher.

"If we are taking this man back to Hoeg we should make his trip as comfortable as possible"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:10 pm

Haefnir steps forward.

"Once Ulauf has returned with material for a stretcher, I shall take him to his own village. I am sure I can find Jarin to press as bearers, and until then I shall carry him. If we all return to Hoeg, we risk that our mission will fail - we must bring the battle to the Southrons as soon as we can. I can also learn about the villages south of here."
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:43 pm

Ulauf looking at Haefnir says "It is an honourable thing you do this day my friend. Take care and may the Grey Slayer watch over you on your travels."

Ulauf holds out his hand to Haefnir and shaking his hand bids him a farewell.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:50 pm

Haefnir clasps Ulauf's hand in comradeship, and turns to Igon. "My axe would have been yours in this fight Igon Seld. I hope we have the chance to fight alongside one another." He then turns to Jorst. "Jorst my friend and brother. I take my leave."
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:04 pm

Ulauf watches as Haefnir carries the wounded man off. As Haefnir disappears Ulauf turns to his companions and says "Come my friends I think we still have a way to go and not much time to get there!"

Ulauf takes up the lead and heads off towards Tandir......
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:25 pm

Matt wrote:Haefnir clasps Ulauf's hand in comradeship, and turns to Igon. "My axe would have been yours in this fight Igon Seld. I hope we have the chance to fight alongside one another." He then turns to Jorst. "Jorst my friend and brother. I take my leave."

Igon graps Haefnir's hand.. "May the slayer watch over you Haefnir! You yet may catch us as we travel... one warrior attracts less attention and moves faster than a group... we may yet fight together in this. Until then, watch your self... and trust no one."
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:51 pm

Matt wrote:Haefnir clasps Ulauf's hand in comradeship, and turns to Igon. "My axe would have been yours in this fight Igon Seld. I hope we have the chance to fight alongside one another." He then turns to Jorst. "Jorst my friend and brother. I take my leave."

Fare thee well, Haefnir! The Lord Sarajin's wind will carry you back to us, of that I have no doubt!
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:50 pm

Once the stretcher is assembled, and the wounded warrior re-bandaged and set upon it, haefnir moved to the front of it and began to drag Nuri south towards Elnig.

The Seld warband watches him for a few minutes, and then with Igon’s signal, resumes their march to Tandir. As they made their way across the fields and through the small undergrowth, the rain petered out, and after another half hour or so, stopped altogether. Erdrick sketched some of the route now, and noted with interest numerous small hillocks in the otherwise flat country that increased in density as they approached Tandir. By this time, the archers had all restrung their bows as well.

Soon thereafter, Ulauf, who had the lead, held up his hand. Ahead, the band could see two men and a cart heading to the northeast. The cart was drawn by a mule, and the two men appeared to be Jarin peasants. At this distance, it’s not clear what’s in the cart, although it might be wood.

What do you do?
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:54 pm

Ulauf dropping to one knee, nocks and arrow and prepares to fire on the leftmost Jarin......
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:54 pm

Igon hisses... "Take cover! Only fire if they spot us and atempt to run."
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:59 am

"Wait... they are only peasants... we don't need to slaughter all the livestock... <chuckles>"

"I will challenge them - the rest of you cover me..."

Jorst steps forward, and hails the Jarin....

"You! Who are you, where are you bound, and what is your business?"
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:10 am

Having knocked an arrow by himself and holding his longbow level before him, knowing well that to fire it he has to raise, Laenvan kneels behind Ulauf, arrow pointing to the soil. "Which one do you take?" he whispers...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:39 am

Ulauf turning his head slightly so that he can still see the two Jarin but can Laenvan out of the corner of his eye Ulauf says "I have the one on the left, my friend"

After replying to Laenvan Ulauf brings the bow upto his eye again and tracks his target.......
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Erdrick » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:58 am

Erdrick readies his bow, and awaits the reactions of the peasants.
Erdrick
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:07 am

The two Jarin stop, frozen for the moment by the sight of the warband. Each of them crouches slightly, as if to flee, but then, perhaps seeing the archers, think better of it. They exchange glances, and one of them slowly, taking off his cap, approaches Jorst.

Dressed in hand-me-down clothing that had seen much patching, the man appears armed only with a knife at his belt. In age, he's somewhere in his twenties, with the dark hair and complexion so common amongst the Jarin.

"I be Colm, milord," he stammers. "And that be Rory. We're just simple folk, collectin' wood fer our master, Torlus of Raleyn, the charcoaler in Hijm. Please, we done nuthin' wrong." The man glances back nervously, but keeps his head low, not meeting Jorst's eye.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:15 pm

Ulauf lowering his bow slightly...he says "Rory come closer and do not fear, Brother find out more about this village and it's leader we may yet have some allies."

Looking towards Erdrick and Laenvan Ulauf continues "Watch these two we know not where there loyalties lie yet!"

When Laenvan and Erdrick have the two Jarin covered Ulauf puts away his bow.

Then turning towards Sven and Olaf, Ulauf says "Sven, Olaf come with me and help me search this wagon." Then turning back to the Jarin he says "I hope for your sakes there is only firewood in here."

With that Ulauf leads Sven and Olaf towards the wagon and conducts a search by empting the contents of the wagon quickly on the ground.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:28 pm

The wagon contains naught but firewood.
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:39 am

Jorst smiles at the Jarin.

"Good."

"Now... tells us of your village - what is the situation there? Have the Southrons taken it, or is it still loyal to our King?"
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:27 am

"Our Lord, Suri Verakaar went off near a month ago with all his huscarls. They be not back yet. They say some men on horses came through the village about a tenday ago. More'n that, lord, we don't know."
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:11 pm

Matt wrote:"Our Lord, Suri Verakaar went off near a month ago with all his huscarls. They be not back yet. They say some men on horses came through the village about a tenday ago. More'n that, lord, we don't know."

Igon moves up to the Jarin. "They say!?! Where were you during that time? We hear the southrons have taken many Jarin men ... Hoeg is empty of them. Why are you still here? Are you spies?"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

PreviousNext

Return to The Game's Afoot