Azura 29, 730 - Hoeg Village

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:02 am

Without faltering in his attention Laenvan stays close to Igon Seld and follows him, except given other orders.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:21 am

What do Haefnir and Erdrick do?
Matt
The GM

Postby Matt » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:33 am

Jorst and the Anaka huscarls enter the thran, Ilya going in before them, but not hindering them. Inside the main longhouse are two other older women, and arrayed on the table, helmed and in armor, his sword on his chest, lies an old man, presumably the dead Lord Hoeg. No one else is in the longhouse. The other two buildings of the thran are empty of people.

Meanwhile, Ulauf takes the spearmen and breaking into three groups, they search the village. Most of the cottages have women, a couple are empty. The only men found are boys, too young to wield a weapon. The Jarin women seem unafraid of the searchers.

Ulauf notes with interest that the village seems to have fewer animals than it should, and from time to time, clearly discerns the prints of booted feet which are not more than a day or two old.
Matt
The GM

Postby Erdrick » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:23 pm

Erdrick follows one of the groups of spearmen, before wandering to the edge of the village, looking around on the opposite side of the village than where we entered.
Erdrick
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:06 pm

After looking about the village, Igon finds Lord Anaka. Making sure none of the villagers are within ear shot, Igon quietly discusses his plans...

"My Lord... I believe it's time for my kinsmen and I to take our leave and carry on to Tandir. This host that heads to Quiam... the princes will need to know about them as soon as posible.... we do know whar their final destination might be. You are the best bet of seeing that they do find out."
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:34 pm

Jorst, standing nearby, quietly nods his head in agreement with his cousin.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:35 pm

Igon Seld wrote:we do know whar their final destination might be. You are the best bet of seeing that they do find out."

"Yes," said Lord Anaka. "You speak true. I shall lead my men back to the boat, and inform Geldeheim of the results we have found here. Sarajin go with you, Lord Seld."

With that, the Anaka warband heads back north, and within a few minutes is out of sight. What is the next move for the members of the Seld warband?
Matt
The GM

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:27 am

As plans are discussed and debated, a light rain begins to fall. The archers quickly take steps to protect their bowstrings, and the villagers take shelter. It's about two o'clock in the afternoon.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:48 am

After protecting his equipment from the rain Ulauf turns to his companions and says with a smile...

"Well this rain might come in handy for us, if it lasts long enough it will obscure our movements and more favourably might yet serve to keep those southron bastards inside. At least it should have them worrying more about how to stay warm and dry than looking for us"

Ulauf then looks about him while he pulls his cloak tightly around his shoulders and raises it's hood to gain as much protection from the rain as possible.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:48 pm

OK, as soon as Igon gives the word, or someone else objects ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:52 pm

"No time like the present" says igon, and with that he shoulders his pack and starts making his way out of the village.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:17 pm

Jorst brings up the rear, keeping a careful eye on the settlement as they leave, watching for any suspicious movements or events.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:29 pm

As you leave the village, you can feel eyes on you, and a glance back reveals some of the villagers trying to look out their cottages inconspicuously. But no one steps out, and no one hinders your departure.
Matt
The GM

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:35 pm

As the rest of the warband follows Igon, setting off west of Hoeg and across the stubbled fields, the rain continues to drizzle down, not heavily, but just enough to be noticeable. Due to the cloud cover, the sun is not visible, but Ulauf and Erdrick are confident that they can keep the party on course. Soon, they leave the fields and pastures of Hoeg entirely, and proceed into the open country. Though unsettled and uncultivated, this area of the Akag is mostly open with sparse clumps of trees, and the occasional small wooded area. Though visibility is somewhat reduced due to the rain, the group can see that no one is about for some distance.

“Tandir should be about 4 or 5 miles away,” says Erdrick. “We’ll run into the main road if we miss it.”

After about an hour’s travel, Ulauf holds up his hand and stops a few dozen yards from a small copse of trees. “I think there’s someone sitting against one of those trees. Might be asleep … or dead.”
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:59 pm

Ulauf will turn to the rest of the group and say "I will go forward and take a look, be prepared for anything!"

Ulauf will draw his sword and hoist his shield onto his left arm.

Ulauf will then move around this figure checking for signs that there may be others around and if it is clear he will move cautiously towards the figure.

As Ulauf nears the figure and if all around is clear Uluaf waves for his companions to come closer. Asking Erdrick, Olaf, Sven and Laenvan to move 15 paces or so out to protect us.

As the group approaches Ulauf will check for obvious signs of injury and if he can see none, prod him with his sword to see if he is indeed dead or otherwise.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:34 pm

As Ulauf slowly approaches the figure, he moves in such a way to examine the small copse. Eventually satisfied that no one else lurks within, he moves in towards the body, motioning to the others.

It is a man, sitting with his back to the tree. He doesn't appear that old, perhaps in his early twenties, and he has light brown hair and beard. He wears a ring hauberk, though he seems to have no weapons save a keltan stuck in his belt. His right hand, caked with blood, he holds against his side where a large cut in the armor can be seen. Ulauf can discern a faint - and erratic - rise and fall in the man's chest. He lives.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:14 pm

Ulauf says to the group "This man lives although I fear only just, his wounds look severe is there any among us that might aid him? I think my skills are not up to helping this man."

If someone steps up to help Ulauf will then conduct a search of the area to see if he can determine what has happened from footprints and other signs. He will then check to see where if any the footprints lead to.

If no one can offer any sort of aid Ulauf will stay and assist the man in what ever way he can.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:29 pm

Though none of you is a medical prodigy, Igon is probably the most skilled battle-surgeon of the group.
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:47 pm

Matt wrote:Though none of you is a medical prodigy, Igon is probably the most skilled battle-surgeon of the group.

Igon steps forward and does what he can for the young man.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:18 am

Laenvan stares out into the rain and doesn't like it at all. Having stowed away his bows securely he has armed himself with shortsword and buckler. Under the hood of his cloak he strains his ears to hear anything other than the rain and his comrades who are attending the blessed man...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:34 am

Igon kneels down to examine the man. He gently removes the Keltan from his belt, and lays it aside. First he notes that the man appears to have stuffed a rag or cloth in the hole in his armor, and it appears thoroughly bloodsoaked. As Igon gently moves the hand away, the man groans, and his eyelids flutter. Igon realizes that it would be better to try to remove his hauberk, but without knowing the extent of the wound, that could be dangerous.

Meanwhile, the others, seeking signs of ambush, stay alert. Ulauf begins to search the area itself, discerning a few footprints in the nearby dirt which almost certainly come from the wounded man, but little else. It's difficult to determine from what direction he might have come, but it probably wasn't from the east.

What next?
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:17 pm

Ulauf returns to the group and says to all in ear shot "I could find no sign of anyone else, I think this man was involved in that attack on Tandir and has staggered here before he collapsed."

Ulauf turns facing towards Tandir "I cannot determine from where this man travelled, his sign has deteriorated due to the rain, but he did not come from the east"

Turning back to the wounded man Ulaufs asks "What of him, do we leave him to his fate or do we help him?"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Jorst Seld » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:36 pm

Jorst looked at his brother somewhat askance.

"If he was involved in attacking the Southrons at Tandir, why would we leave him to his fate? Even if he were involved in earlier rebellion, surely this action has redeemed him and others? Sarajin favours the bold!"
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:57 pm

Uluaf turning towards his brother says "I agree with you on this, however, I do not wish to join him. We cannot afford to take him with us and I think that we cannot delay our mission taking him to Hoeg either." Looking around at all the members of the group that are nearby Ulauf continues "We are in the lair of the wolf and we should not delay, our Princes depend on the information we find!"

Looking towards the group Ulauf says "We cannot be certain that he was attacking Tandir, nor can we be certain of his allegiance in this war. I mean him no disrespect but until he can speak for himself we do not know who he is or who he fights for!"

Looking at Igon, Ulauf continues "My cousin, as our leader you must decide this mans fate"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:08 pm

Igon shakes his head and looks to the sun's position... "I do not wish to leave him to die but Ulauf is right. If we delay, it mat cost us more than we wish to pay."

Igon looks over the wound. "Spare me a few minutes cousin, and I will see what I can do for him, at the least I can stem the blood flow and give him a chance... the rest I leave to Sarajin."

With that said Igon turns to the task of helping the young man.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

PreviousNext

Return to The Game's Afoot