Azura 30, 730 - At Tandir

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Igon Seld » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:39 am

Welcome and well met Vagnar. The king has been moved you say!? !Where have they taken him? And how? Overland or by sea?
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Vagnar Granier » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:10 pm

Igon, it was by sea, in the company of King Arren.

Alas, I was not advised as to where they set sail to, although I might be able to ask at the inn later today.

Laenvan, I am not familiar with armaments and troop types, all I can say is that the 1st Legion makes up the garrison. I could ask about that as well, but would be wary about seeking too many details.

Ulauf, neither am I certain as to the number of men in a legion.
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
User avatar
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:53 am

Hmmm, thanks for your honesty Vagnar. Better be careful what you are asking. For sure we will find other ways to gather the information we crave...
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:16 am

Starting to feel a bit itchy Laenvan asks Ulauf: "Is there a river or at least a rivuelt nearby, where I get a chance to clean me a bit or even take a swim?" He adresses the others of the warband who are present with a whimsically smile. "If there is a possibility, anyone like to join me?"
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:08 pm

Uluaf looking up from his seat amongst the trees says "Sure, Laenvan, there is a small stream a few hundred yards to the west."

Pointing over his shoulder to indicate the direction.

"I would recommend against such an action at this point and this place, this is no place to be caught where we cannot run if needs be. I would hate to have to wait around for you to get dressed and gather your belongings should we be discovered and need to move."

Ulauf looks down and rubs his eyes "We have more pressing matters to address right now. We need to determine our next step, do we attempt to fire the castle as we first planned or do we simply retire and gather information on our way home?"

"I say, after Vagnar has gathered his belongings we attempt to fire the castle and then get back home."

Ulauf looks towards Vagnar and says "Which leads me to ask, are there any timber buildings inside the castle that we may be able to reach with bows and where are they located?"
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Vagnar Granier » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:36 pm

Ulauf, again you ask questions to which I do not have the answer.

I am confident that there must be some timber buildings, but when I went in I was primarily concerned with the local commander, and on the way out I was discussing medical needs with one of the sergeants.
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
User avatar
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Vagnar Granier » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:18 pm

Oopsie. :oops:

Sarajin, God of Wisdom and Enlightenment, through his messenger Matt, has caused an epiphany on my part such that I suddenly remember what I saw.

Phooey on me! :roll:

I only saw the outer bailey briefly, but saw nothing that was not stone or slate(roofs). I saw about fifty men, but didn't see everything. The ones I saw were about forty in mail with roundshields, broadswords and spears with the rest carrying longbows but only wearing ring byrnies.

The garrison appears to be drilling the local militia as well, so they must have some confidence in the loyalty of the locals. As to whether loyalty is based on trust or fear...

In addition at least three companies left on the warboats about two days past, nor can I be certain when they will return.

The black surcoats with white boar badges are the emblem of the 1st Legion, which is the only one I saw.
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
User avatar
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Matt » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:43 pm

As the day ends, life proceeds at Tandir unimpeded. Peasants return from the fields, the pastures, and all from their labors. A company of soldiers marches from the northeast and enters the castle. They are not the only ones, as a number of people, some on their own, some with carts, go to and from the castle. On the ramparts can be seen many men going about their business and as dark approaches a group of ten soldiers can be seen heading towards the inn - they do not march in formation although they appear to be armed.

Next steps?
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:04 am

The soldiers who went to the inn only remain for about ten minutes and then they return to the castle the way they came. Shortly thereafter, as the sun sets, the Jarin peasants begin to gather with torches on the West Common. They come young and old, male and female. Many of the men carry staves - but many carry spears. As they form a circle, they begin to chant, a low, brooding melody that is vaguely disturbing. As Ivinians, you're more than a little disturbed by the scene as the open worship of Ilvir is frowned upon in Orbaal, and it's hard to believe this sort of thing would go on in the open under the very walls of the castle when Lord Verakaar ruled here. Indeed, a quick glance towards Caer Tandir reveals many watching the service from the castle walls. Eventually the chanting ends, and one man speaks to the assembly from within the circle for about thirty minutes. The chanting begins again, and the Jarin form an inner and an outer circle. They begin a ritualized dance, the inner circle going in one direction, and the outer in the other. Eventually they switch, repeating the change of direction several times at indeterminate intervals, and then the people stop and receive a blessing from the man who spoke before. The Jarin disperse back to their homes.

Next steps?
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:34 am

"As there seems to be no oppositions to Ulauf, Jorsts and my propostion I say let's move in the cover of the night to a new place. I think Ulauf will be able to lead us there. We are already too long staying in the same place. There we will wait till Vagnar returns or discuss with him where he will join us again."

Turning to Vagnar he continues: "Vagnar, if you could bring some ham along I wouldn't say no to it." Laenvan grins from one ear to the other.

Getting up and rubbing his arms and legs he finishes: "So brother-in-arms, let's move or I get to stiff sitting around here like a hare in his hole..."
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Vagnar Granier » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:28 pm

If there are no further questions, or perhaps advise on knowledge and supplies to seek, I shall be returning to the Inn until the morning.
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
User avatar
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:23 pm

Ulauf looks around the group "Very well, Vagnar we will wait here for you tonight. We will expect you at first light to meet us here. If you are not here we will not wait."

Looking at Vagnar Ulauf continues "The goings on here are of great concern to me, ask a few discrete questions while you at at the inn and see if you can find out if anyone else is staying there and see if you can find out what has happened to Lord Verkaar."

"We will see you in the morning Vagnar sleep well on you bed and think of us." Ulauf says with a smile.

Ulauf returns to checking his armour, weapons and belongings as he notices that he has a hole developing in his blanket. 'this will need repairing soon' he thinks to himself.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Jorst Seld » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:22 am

"Time to leave this Sarajin-forsaken place!" Jorst mutters under his breath after witnessing the Jarin ceremony...
User avatar
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:30 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ (Sydney, AU)

Previous

Return to The Game's Afoot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron