Halane 1, 730 - Departing Tandir

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:53 pm

Ulauf remains standing near the edge of the treeline keeping a watchful eye towards the distant patrol.

"I think a more southerly route might be in order we can not afford another clash with these patrols. Erdrick do you have maps that will cover this route?"

Lowering his head he mumbles a few words to himself and then says "We lost a good friend today."

"Well Igon what do you suggest?"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:51 pm

As the warband takes stock, the patrol has moved out of sight to the southeast. They retrieved the fallen Jarin before they left.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:48 pm

Ulauf looks around at his companions "What say we track these men at some distance and find out where they are being taken. We might yet learn more about the dispositions of our enemy and what they are up to."

"We should not have to get to close, from Olafs wound, the Grey Slayer watch over him, he will be leaving a trail that should be easy to follow. We need not try for a confrontation again with this patrol, but we should try to find out more about where they are and what they are doing."
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Vagnar Granier » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:20 pm

Vagnar speaks for the first time since the fight began "I believe that I may be able to assist in this matter, as one growing up in the former Rethemi city of Golotha learns to move softly and without being seen."
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:15 am

What does this mean? Is Vagnar heading off alone, with Ulauf, something else?
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:24 am

I'm not sure this is wise my friends. Our friend has bought us time with his life... we should not waste it.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:49 pm

Does anyone see to Laenvan's wound before you resume your southward trek? Vagnar seems the obvious choice ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Vagnar Granier » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:29 pm

Vagnar, visibly shaken and pale, smacks his head and cries out: Great Peoni! I was so distracted by the foe and where they were going that I...<dives over to see to Laenvan>.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:21 pm

Vagnar moves over to Laenvan and insists that the mercenary present his arm. The puncture is not too bad, and with a quick cleaning, Vagnar dresses the wound.

"I think this will be healed by tomorrow," Vagnar says tying off the bandage. "It looks worse than it is."

Next steps?
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:43 am

"Ähh... hmmm...." Laenvan blushes slightly. "Thanks for cleaning my wound, Vagnar. Should have thought to do it by myself." He wets his lips with the tip of his tongue and gives Vagnar a warm smile. "Have seen more than one brave man dy because of such a tiny sting... I owe you a mug of fine ale or beer as soon as the next occasion presents itself."

Then he turns hastily to tend to his equipment. As there seems to be noch imminent danger again, Laenvan unstrings his bow and puts him away after having checked and cleaned it. He does the same thing with the bowstring.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:01 am

Ulauf moves towards Laenvan and says "Thanks for backing me up back there, it seems my bow did not have the range to take them on, might have to look into that longbow of yours it seems to have it's uses" Ulauf smiles.

As Ulauf goes to move away he pats Laenvan on the shoulder and says with a smile "You have to learn to duck sooner my friend."

Ulauf moves away several paces and unstrings his bow gives his equipment a quick once over to make sure that all is in order and then returns the bowstring to his beltpouch.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:24 pm

"Yes, yes... the presumptuousness of youth." Laevan answers with a warm grin to Ulaufs good ment advice. "I like to see you duck an arrow shot from a longbow..." He follows Ulauf to his place after he has put his gear away.

"After what we have gone through today I think it best to start your training with the longbow as soon as possible. I have seen how well you treat your gear, so I'm willing to lend you one of my longbows for this trip as soon as you can fairly shoot with it. Better two who have a fairly good range that only one I say." With that he sits down besides Ulauf and offers him some of the ham he got from Vagnar.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:19 pm

Laenvan Hawkeye wrote: "I like to see you duck an arrow shot from a longbow..."

He did! :lol:
Matt
The GM

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:07 pm

It is by now afternoon, and after a quick check of equipment and healing ministrations, the warband sets off again, each man catching a small bite to eat as the party marches. Erdrick mentions that travel due south should bring them to a small stream that the warband will need to cross.

Light rain continues, and both Ulauf and Laenvan are pleased that their bowstrings seem to have survived the altercation with no damage. However, neither would want to use those strings again until they have had a chance to dry out fully. The terrain remains gently rolling meadows and small patches of forest, and the warband reaches the stream after about an hour's worth of travel.

The water flows east, and though not very deep, has been somewhat swelled by the rain. Noting that the weather is cool, but not especially cold, the consensus is that hypothermia is not a danger if they find a spot not too deep to ford. The best spot comes a few hundred feet to the west where the water rushes down a small rise and the warband can cross by stepping on the rocks and stones without getting wetter than the rain has made them.

Continuing south, the warband sees no other people, though at one point a small herd of deer is startled by their sudden emergence from a stand of trees and bolts away. After another hour or so, the warband spies sown fields in the distance with a small village nearby. "This should be Takholm," says Erdrick. "If we move now to the southeast, we should reach the pass to Fjaga. If we do not delay, we should be able to reach the pass before dark."

Do you examine the village, or pass it by?
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:34 pm

My vote is to pass it by. The enemy knows we are here and time is running fast...
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:46 pm

"I have to agree with Igon." Ulauf says wiping the rain from his face.

"Although it might be worthwhile to watch from a distance to see if any men are there it might be useful to see if this village suffered the same fate as Hoeg or not, but I do not think it wise to dally to long."
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:28 am

"By Halea I hope this rain will stop before we are growing fins..." Laenvan mutters. "Ulauf makes a good point. So I think it would be best if the main group continues and a scout like you, Ulauf, with your skills makes a short reconnaissance and catches up with the rest of us. Don't see many other possibilities here."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Vagnar Granier » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:41 pm

Vagnar speaks: "I might be able to aid Ulauf in his scouting, although this is not quite the sophisticated urban environment I would normally be in."
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:18 pm

What says Igon or Jorst?
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:35 pm

Agreed. But our main task is to return with our report, so keep that in mind and don't get caught.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:43 pm

Very well, we'll pick up the scouting in "Ulauf and Vagnar" for those two, and the rest I'll post later here about your part of the journey.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:16 pm

"Your wish is my command, cousin" Ulauf says with a smile.

"I will watch for an hour or so and then catch up with the rest of you."

"May the Grey Slayer watch over you my friends, come Vagnar let us find a nice spot to watch from."

With that Ulauf and Vagnar depart the rest of the group.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:11 am

"Take care lads and may the Great Slayer and Halea have a watchfull on you both." bids Laenvan his farewell to the youngsters. "So and we continue our way, isnt'it so, Lord Igon?"
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Igon Seld » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:46 am

"It is... have care my friends. Do not tary long." With that and a friendly slap on Ulauf and Vagnar shoulders, Igon motions the rest of the band to carry on.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:28 am

The warband continues on, and after about 90 minutes, Ulauf and Vagnar catch up with you. Meanwhile, the terrain is becoming more rough, with larger hills and more trees. The mountains to the south - never truly out of sight - are now much closer.

Ulauf and Vagnar should now relate the doings in Takholm ...
Matt
The GM

PreviousNext

Return to The Game's Afoot