Halane 1, 730 - Departing Tandir

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Ulauf moves towards the rest of the group and says "It does not appear that much is happening from what we could see, the villagers are going about their normal day, it was hard to tell if the Ivianians are still in charge there or not."

"Two guards stood watch at the front of the thran, however, this could mean that the head of the clan is in league with the southrons, but I am only guessing."

With a shrug of his shoulders Ulauf continues "Not much was gained from our efforts I'm afraid."
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Vagnar Granier » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:07 pm

Vagnar adds "It might be possible to garner further information during a visit at night but I fear that it might be better for us to put some miles between ourselves and any patrols".
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:44 pm

Vagnar's question is key: do you tarry and discover more of Takholm or do you press on towards Geldeheim?
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:19 pm

"What do you think cousin, maybe worth our while if we were to make camp near here for the night and Vagnar, Jorst and myself go back into the village and have a closer look around"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:19 am

"To gain more information would normally be a worthwile thing." Laenvan gives to consider with a thoughtfull grim expression on his face. "But after what we have expierenced with the Thardans till now I openly admit, that we should expect magic even here. So my proposal is to head as fast as possible to Geldeheim, inform the princes and get, if possible, any magical protection at hand, before we risks our hides again. If we get caught again, I don't think we will be able to get as easily away as the last time..."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:37 am

"I have to agree with you Laenvan" Ulauf says nodding his head.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:36 pm

Noted without objection.

The warband resumes the trek heading to the southeast. They see no one else, nor do they come across any other villages before reaching the Fjaga pass towards evening. The area nearby is forested enough for a camp to be set off the road, for traversing the pass at night is unwise.

Next steps?
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:23 am

Looking at the sky Laenvan adresses the whole warband: "While the others and I set up camp for the night, Igon thinks about our next mouves, I would love that Ulauf shoots us some meat for tonight. If he find some herbs to go with it, I remember a fine recipe ..."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:46 am

Ulauf gives Laenvan a smile and says "As you wish my friend, I will see what feast I can bring you back."

"It is nearly dark so I can make you no promises."
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:23 am

"Don't worry, Ulauf, whatever you bring back I will make a feast tonight." Then Laenvan turns to the others while looking out for a good place to make camp. "Allright fellow warriors, you have heard our great hunter. Hurry up, I like to have a fire burning before he is back..."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:55 am

Igon lends a hand in setting up camp and collecting fire wood, quiet and deep in thought. Afterward he meditates and spends sometime in prayer and ritual. He wonders if their own fears are making the Thardans much more than the are...

After some thought he asks hs friends the very same question.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:33 am

Ulauf returns after about an hour carrying a goat over his shoulders. Not perhaps the tastiest meat around, but it's still provender. Perhaps the handful of wild herbs will help ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Vagnar Granier » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:31 pm

Vagnar wonders if he can find something to add to the meal, wanders off but remains within earshot.
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:15 am

As Laenvan sees Ulauf returning with the goat, he rubs his hands full of pleasant anticipation. "Ah, Ulauf, a real good shot. Now let's see what I can make of it. Yesss!" He skins and guts the goat and while doing his bloody work he speaks to Igon and to whomever is listening.

"Lord Igon, you asked if our own fears are making the Thardans much more than they are..." Laenvan takes a deep breath. "Unfortunately not. The standing armies of the Thardic Republic were among the best troops on Hârn - and they were beaten in three years by the legions of Arren I. Yes, " He nods to emphasize his words. "After my best knowledge even without magic we are facing the best and most efficient army that exists today on Hârn. We all have expierenced how well their longbow-archers, their cavalry and their infantry are..."

After this he concentrates on making a feast for this evening and praising Halea for her gift.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:57 am

Ulauf sits down with his back against a tree and watches Laenvan go about skinning and gutting the goat.

His thoughts return to home and how many times he watched Deam go about this same task. It seems so long ago that he was in the forests around Seldholm.

After a time contemplating the past and what the future holds Ulauf once again checks his armour and weapons using the light of the fire to work by.

Ulauf leaps to his feet and says "Laenvan while you are preparing our meal may I try your bow. I wonder whether the draw weight is right for me. I think the soon I make myself familiar with this bow the safer I will feel when next these southrons and I meet."
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:40 am

"Good idea, Ulauf." answers Laenvan without looking up from his bloody task. "You may take one of the longbow and try your strength. When you have finished, pelase have a look on the arrows and check them, will you? Thanks. In anyway I think it best to start your training tomorrow, whenever we find some time for it. So go ahead, lad!"
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:17 pm

Ulauf moves over towards Laenvans equipment and picks up his longbow, Ulauf looks up and says "Where do you store your bowstings my friend?" after getting his answer herummages through some other gear and finds a bowstring.

Ulauf strings the bow and takes stance and draws......

He does this several times before unstringing the bow and returning the gear to it's original spot.

Sitting down Ulauf picks up Laenvan's quiver and gives the arrows a good inspection. He notes that Laenvan is still carrying the arrows that were going to be used to fire the castle......he smiles to himself and he can be heard to mumble to himself "we had the best intentions...."
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:06 pm

The goat roasts over the open fire, and soon, everyone's mouth is watering at the smell of the succulent meat. Laenvan, serving as chef, carves off several joints, giving the first to Igon, then to Jorst and the others in turn. For a time, the only sound is of hungry, tired men masticating the roasted meat. As each eats his fill, the conversation continues ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:17 pm

"mmmmmm" Ulauf says to Laenvan wiping his mouth on his shirt sleeve.

"You have excelled yourself this night, I must confess, I did not expect to be enjoying this 'goat' as much as I am. You never cease to amaze me with your hidden talents." Ulauf says as he takes anothe bite of goat.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:51 am

Wiping him mouth on his sleeve, Igon smiles... "You are a man of hidden talents Laenvan! What other skills do you have?"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:21 am

Ah, viking manners! :wink:

What next at the conclusion of the meal? Discussion? Entertainment? Setting of watches?
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:25 am

Well, we are still in enemy held lands, so the watches are a must.
I'm afraid the entertainment will have to wait till we get home.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:16 pm

Grinning from one ear to the other, Laenvan answers between two bits of the roasted goat: "Indeed, indeed I have still some talents up my sleeves. Many thanks for your praise, young Ulauf, but most of your praise has to go to Halea, my godess of joy. It is from her that I got my inspiration." With that he mumbles a silent prayer to his godess and tries to avoid the manners of the Ivinians... he got some education after all and has learnt table manners :lol:
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:19 pm

Jorst also tucks into the meal....
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:39 pm

So, what are the watches?
Matt
The GM