Halane 5, 730 - At the Clanhouse

The Public Area for the PBF

Halane 5, 730 - At the Clanhouse

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:06 pm

Upon returning to the clanhouse, the group finds that Erdrick is there. He sitting outside, waiting, a look of stunned incomprehension on his face. He looks up as the Selds approach and with the slightly jerky movements of one in shock, exclaims, "Those bastards killed my father."
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:19 pm

Ulauf moves towards Erdrick "May the Grey Slayer watch over him my friend, let his loss not be without cause and serve to strenghten our hearts to stand against these southron invaders."

Ulauf places a hand on Erdrick's shoulder "Come inside Erdrick and let us drink to your fathers honour."

Ulauf picks Erdrick up and moves him inside and finds a table and calls for ale.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:13 am

When his turn comes Laenvan also places a hand on Erdricks shoulder and offers him his condolences. Together with the other his drinks his share of ale in the honour of Erdricks father.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Igon Seld » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:43 pm

As does Igon... "My friend, worry not for your father now sits with our lord in his great hall".

That evening Igon heads to the the clan house of his father-in-law, Suri and spends sometime in the temple offering prayers to Sarajin and Erdrick's father after visiting with Suri.

I'll inform Suri on all that has happened to the group, if he has not already heard and also let him know that Trilyth & Ingmar are doing well - I asume that they were in Seld, but if they are here at the Seld clanhouse then Suri knows how they are already.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:40 am

After some time, it becomes clear that Erdrick's father was Hrothgar Taareskeld, the man who was dragged to the beach and deliberately killed before the Earl of Westmarch. In addition to being a Taareskeld, and thus a distant cousin of Alegar II, he was also the best shipwright in Orbaal. Erdrick is his natural son by a Jarin woman who yet lives in one of the outlying villages.

Igon goes and reports to Suri, who receives the news grimly. [GM: Should you wish, we can take this up in Igon's private area.]
Matt
The GM

Postby Matt » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:52 am

What do others do while Igon is visiting Suri?
Matt
The GM

Postby Vagnar Granier » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:10 pm

mutters to self: "Fools, killing off the most valuable citizens for murder's own sake".
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:23 am

Igon returns from visiting his father-in-law, and settles in to the convivial atmosphere of the clanhouse. Conversation ensues ...

[GM: The group has reached a point where you need to make a decision. If you're going to undertake another 'mission' or if we're to allow winter to pass. I'll give some time for the group to discuss this, and then I'll go forward with events based on your decision.]
Matt
The GM

Return to The Game's Afoot