Halane 9, 730 - Departing Geldeheim

The Public Area for the PBF

Halane 9, 730 - Departing Geldeheim

Postby Matt » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:16 am

In the morning, the warband rose, performed their ablutions (such as they might be), and readied their gear for departure. The three mules provided by the castle came with a Jarin muletier by the name of Soran - a dark-faced young man about 22 years old. He seemed none too happy about being sent on a dangerous journey with a group of vikings, but thralls are rarely asked for their opinion.

As the band assembles outside the clanhouse, all are pleased to see that the day promises rare fine weather, with the sun rising brightly and the sky clear save for a few small wisps of clouds. They are surprised that no one has come to see them off, but neither is the group inclined to wait around.

Having consulted his maps, Erdrick notes that Pethwys is at least two days away and Leriel another two or so after that. As the warband departs, the instructions are ...
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:02 am

As the group leave town Ulauf will walk along side Soran for a short while and say "Well met Soran. Although you fear our trip is perilous know that we will protect you from that peril. All we ask of you in return is that you take care of those mules. For each of them carries our supplies for this journey and not wanting to make you fearful should those mules disappear then we will have no more need for you to accompany us."

"Know that we have seen Jarin take up arms against us already in this fight and we will not tolerate that. If I have your word that your loyalty lies with us on this trip that will suffice for me."

"We carry word from our Prince to the southlanders and I will see nothing stand between that mission and myself or my companions." With a smile Ulauf continues "Take care of those mules and you will have nought to fear Soran." With a slap on the shoulder Ulauf says "Take care Soran I will see you again soon" and with a wink jogs off ahead of the group.

As the group leaves the outskirts of the town Ulauf will start to move ahead of the group and begin to scout the road and wilds ahead of the group.
User avatar
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:42 am

Having finally recovered from his drinking excess Laenvan is back in his good old humour and greets the new day with a sung praise to Halea... with quite a pleasurable voice as his companions have to admit.

As he sees that Soran will be their muletier he greets him with a warm smile. "Don't be afraid, Soran, I'm here to look after you."

Then he turns away. "Ähemm..., sorry fellows I think I forgot on which marching order we agreed yesterday. So, where's my place?"

Normally Laenvan keeps near Igon to protect him, but perhaps of the mules he has recieved order to take his place elsewhere.
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:12 pm

After saying his farewells to his lady and daughter, Igon leads the group in a short prayer to the slayer before taking his spot for the journey.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:00 am

Unsure of his place and the dynamic of the group, Dragoran positions himself near the mules and the Jarin Soran.

Smiling tentatively at Soran, Dragoran speaks "You have very little to fear from me. I am just a scholar really. I have much information about the lands we travel and the people, but not much else. I fear I will be as inconspicuous as your good self this trip.

With that, Dragoran flashes another smile at Soran and falls a little ways behind him muttering something unintelligible.
User avatar
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Matt » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:42 pm

The warband moves out, heading south along the trail to Pethwys. The group, fresh, moves rapidly south, and passing the villages of Pergen, Vakem, and Anakaryn, all of which appear tranquil. The weather holds, and the day promises to be among the best that autumn has to offer. Though vigilant, the party is in good spirits.

By mid-morning, the warband has reached the foothills of Mount Cymru, and must slow to allow the mules to find their footing on the increasingly rough and rutted trail. Before much longer, the group enters the pass itself, and the country turns mountainous. By midday, the group stops for a rest and a meal, and perhaps to consider the travel through the pass and the approach of the possible Jarin stronghold of Pethwys ...
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:23 am

Laenvan Hawkeye is really happy to be on the move again and enjoys the blaze of colour autumn brings but never letting down his guard. During the travel he has his longbow ready but unstrung, it is only as the reach the foothills of Mount Cymru that he strings his bow and lays on an arrow, ready to answer to any ambush that may happen. But even if he is still alert he finds time to chat with one or the other of the warband as far as their leader, Igon Seld, not demands absolut silence.

As they camp at midday he makes some excercise shootings with Ulauf before he joins the discussion of how to travel through the pass the safest possible.
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Matt » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:53 am

After the meal, Ulauf and Erdrick scout ahead a bit, and finding the trail clear, they return. The group resumes the march. Erdrick reminds everyone that Pethwys is at least two more days along the trail, and no other settlements until the castle.

The march along the mountain trail continues throughout the day. It is slow going, but the warband makes a steady pace. For much of the day, the trail meanders along a narrow river, rushing down the mountain. The water is cool, clear, and crisp to the taste. No major fauna are seen, although from time to time, hawks circle above, hunting for prey. The party remains equally vigilant, and by nightfall, all are ready to halt, greatly fatigued from the march.

At a suitable place where the trail widens, the group makes camp. Soran tethers the mules where they can forage a bit on the sparse vegetation, and otherwise tends to them. He has said almost nothing during the day.


Next?
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:34 pm

Dragoran moves across to Soran.

"Although you are Jarin, you should feel free to speak. You are a part of this troupe as surely as our two scouts. Your information and insights would be invaluable. I realise you have no reason to want to help, but you should think upon your position here."

Dragoran turns to leave, then pauses and looks back "You will see we are not evil people. It is true that we oppress the Jarin, but that is the way of conquerors, but for this group, we are but men. You should look at it that way. You know where to find me if ever you want to talk"

With that Dragoran moves away from Soran to the rest of the group.
User avatar
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia


Return to The Game's Afoot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron