Halane 16, 730 - Leriel

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Matt » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Hammarkel laughs. "One wizard is better than none, I suppose. I would speak of this more later tonight. But for now, I must make my afternoon check of the settlement - one must keep an eye on the Jarin you know!"

The huscarls rise and several join Lord Hammarkel, including Torn. "Perhaps," he says gruffly to Laenvan, "You can show me some of the ways of Halea later, and maybe I'll show you some of the ways of the Gray Slayer."

"We are pressed for space in the castle, but you are welcome to bed down here in the hall," says Hammarkel. With that, he leaves.

There are four huscarls remaining in the hall, and one of them says, "I am Suri Hammarkel, nephew to the Lord of Shien. I hope to meet this southron King - in battle!" His bares his teeth in a smile and his eyes gleam almost as if they were to pop out of his head. I'd set my axe against his sorcery! Yet it looks to me as if there is not one southron in this hall," - he indicates Laenvan - "but two," looking at Vagnar. "How did you come to be here and not with the invader?"
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:05 pm

"Hmmm... that would be interesting, huscarl Torn. Till later then" answers Laenvan to Torns remark before he turns to Suri Hammarkel and offers him his hand in a greeting. "Nice to meet you Suri Hammarkel. As you have heared, I'm Laenvan Hawkeye. As not being with the invader, ah you see. I'm from Tashal, originally, and I don't love the Thardans too much anyway... and then there seems this mystery of my father who seems to have been an Ivinan. So that's why I came to see from where I may hail from and found an engagment with Clan Seld. I don't hide the fact that I have started and I'm still a mercenary. But since the battle of Fjaga I'm more personally involved than before... Seems that Halea or the Grey Slayer have something in mind with me and I would really like to know what. Even if it isn't wise to know the plans of gods..." He grins nonchalantly. "Hey but what will life be without suprises then, heh?"
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:40 pm

[GM: If there's no more to do here, we can move on. Either to the evening or what people wish to do in Leriel. It's mid-afternoon.]
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:28 pm

Igon just makes sure everything is ready for tomorrow's start. Also if there are any maps of the area, especially ones showing the south, he will try to get a look at them.

Is there a priest of Sarajin here? If not Igon will also lead any that wish in prayer to the Slayer in the evening.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:22 pm

Igon Seld wrote:Igon just makes sure everything is ready for tomorrow's start.

I believe that Ulauf is seeing to that, and Sven will assist. Lord Hammarkel left orders to reprovision the warband as he left the castle.

Igon Seld wrote:Also if there are any maps of the area, especially ones showing the south, he will try to get a look at them.

There are, though they turn out to be no better than what Erdrick has. Still, he cannot resist an update here and there, and even makes a correction to one of their maps.

Igon Seld wrote:Is there a priest of Sarajin here? If not Igon will also lead any that wish in prayer to the Slayer in the evening.

There is not, and it will be most welcome by Lord Hammarkel.

Unless there is more to play out on that front, I shall move on to the 17th.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:16 am

Ulauf on hearing that his cousin will be holding a service to Sarajin will attend as will Jorst.
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:44 am

Not all the huscarls attend - it turns out a few of them are Agrikans.
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:22 pm

To learn more about the "Grey Slayer" Laenvan decides it to be wise to attend too.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:20 pm

After the service, Lord Hammarkel thanks Igon. Mead is passed and the hall resounds with tales, song, and good-natured contests of skill. For a time, it seems as though the shadow over the land has lifted.
Matt
The GM

Previous

Return to The Game's Afoot