Halane 18, 730 - Approaching Fegyn

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Jorst Seld » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:48 pm

Jorst standing near the door of the cottage still brandishing his sword starts slowly shaking his head.

"At last our first allies...."
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Igon Seld » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:24 pm

Calling out once more... "I am just guessing. They may have fought and been killed, driven off or maybe they have gone to fight elsewhere.... I truly do not know. As for us, we have no quarrel with you. We had thought that you had attacked this village, truly not knowing that you were in fact friends. We have both taken casulties today and I see no point in more for either of us. We just wish to continue our journey, but if you do have a quarrel with us O King, and plan us harm, be warned, we will not run but fight."
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:15 pm

"You say true, pal hoomun. Fight is good for Fay-gin hoomuns. For us - bad. No shiny metal for beast-hairs. Pal hoomuns brave and give king want. You go - no more sharp arrows. We go Kyani Amekt."

With that, the gargun begin to withdraw to the west, up the slopes towards the Jahls.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:22 am

As Ulauf sees the gargun begin to withdraw he moves away from the door towards the window near Igon and slaps his cousin on the shoulder "Well done, cousin, you have done an excellant job, I will take Sven and see if I can retrieve the mules."

"Vagnar perhaps you and Dragoran can tend to Soran and the other man in the village square."

With that Ulauf motions for Sven to follow and with longbow still in hand and arrow nocked Ulauf gingerly moves outside (and as long as the gargun continue to retire) Ulauf and Sven will attempt to find and bring back the mules.
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:37 am

Flabbergasted by the turn of events Laenvan still doesn't trust this hairy short beasties and so he readies two more arrows to the third who he has already knocked and positions himself to cover his brother-in-arms the best way possible should there be any treachery on behalf of the garguns, even if he has to leave the hut.

With compressed eyes he observes the retreat of the brutish ones and tries to make out the leader or at least a "higher-ranking" gargun, should these beasties have something like that, to be his first target should the hostilities anew flare up...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Igon Seld » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:00 pm

Igon shakes his head in disbelief and thinks how strange the world can be at times. With another look to the withdrawing gargun, Igon makes his way to the wounded... King Lengarrtz of Kyani Amek trades with humans peacefully... Igon will make a point of remebering that fact.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:22 pm

"I think it might be best if we stay here the night. At least we will have a roof over our heads and fire to keep us warm." Ulauf says after returning with or without the mules.

"We can bury Soran and have a look around the village and see if we can see what happened here.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:55 pm

A sound plan as any Ulauf... Let's get ur gear in after seeing to the fallen.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:58 pm

The two mules who wandered off are easily recovered, although somewhat less easily handled. The downed mule has bled to death in the interim, but its load is still intact (it may be some loaves of bread have been crumbled).

Of the orcs in the square, two are dead, and one is unconscious. The Ivinian is also unconscious, but not dead. He has three obvious injuries - one is a fresh stab from a blade to his chest. The others - much older and partially healed - are a blow to the head and a wound to the leg. Coagulated blood crusts both wounds, and the head wound is the more serious of the two. The stab to his chest is very serious, and bleeding, but it may be possible to revive the man.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:00 pm

Stabling the mules in a nearby stable, Ulauf asks Dragoran to help Sven unloads the mules and begin to sort out the best way to redistribute the loads between the survivors.

I suggest Vagnar start treating the wounded Ivinian.

Ulauf will take Jorst and Laenvan around the town to see if we can determine what has happened to the locals. Also to see if we can scrounge a meal or two from what remains. A trip to the longhouse/manor is also in order.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:04 pm

The village is empty. There are no bodies, no animals, and most cottages have been stripped of all but the largest, heaviest furnishing. What food there is isn't worth scrounging (especially considering that you lost only a few loaves of bread from the dead mule). In the cottage where the orcs found the Ivinian is a drinking horn which proves to be partly filled with water. It was hanging on the post of a crude bed, upon which is a blanket of good weave - no peasant's possession.

The manorhouse is equally empty and deserted. Although most of the cottages have gargun tracks, they don't seem to have made it to the manorhouse itself.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:19 pm

On returning to the cottage Ulauf says to Vagnar "How is our unknown warrior?"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:38 pm

Igon checks on the orc... if it's still alive, he will drag it the one of the huts that is the farthest from the one the party is staying and bandage what ever wounds it has.

Answering the questioning looks form the group... "I see no need to kill the beast considering the good will it's king showed... they might take offence to that. If it wakes before we leave at least with us on opposit sides of the village, we should avoid confrontation with as it leaves..."
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:30 pm

Jorst watches Igon go about his business with a questioning look on his face and once Igon has completed speaking Jorst replies "It is a good idea, we have cheated death once this day, I do not fancy our chances of doing it twice!"

Jorst then moves towards the unconcious Ivinian and asks Vagnar if there is anything he can do to help.

After Vagnar replies Jorst searches the mans clothes to try to find his identity or any other information that may reveal who he is, where he is from and why he is here.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:37 am

Still not at ease with the garguns this near, Laenvan helps the others and then, only unstringging his Longbow after pondering the situation for a while, settles to the established camping routine...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:25 am

Vagnar sees to the fallen. Soren is beyond help, the arrow in his back having pierced his heart. He moves on to the Ivinian - an older man, with three wounds. One, a cut on his leg is superficial, but the other - a blow to the left side of his head - looks more serious. Vagnar is sure the blow was heavy enough to have caused unconsciousness. However, both of these two wounds look several days old, and both have begun to heal. They were not done by the gargun. His third wound, a deep cut to the base of the neck - the blow dealt him by the gargun - is much more serious. He has lost a great deal of blood on top of his already weakened state, and there is little Vagnar can do. Before the man dies, he manages to speak one word - "Ramaalsen." Both Igon and Jorst know there is a mercantyler clan in Geldeheim by that name.

Vagnar tends to the slightly wounded mule.
Matt
The GM

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:51 pm

Dragoran wanders over to the mules, making sure that his wasnt the one shot down by the gargun and helps sven tend to the other animals.

While working, Dragoran settles into his usual routine during mundane activites, he sorts through information in his head. The thought at the forefront of his mind is how was it that Gargun and humans came to be trading partners. From all he has ever heard of gargun, this is something that is unknown to most people. He also cant help but wonder if their precipitous actions cause the injury to the ivinian man they were attempting to rescue.
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 am

Dragoran Shengaad wrote:Dragoran wanders over to the mules, making sure that his wasnt the one shot down by the gargun and helps sven tend to the other animals.

No, it was not Dragoran's mule killed (his came along - I guess so). His would be the one slightly wounded. Though spooked, and recalcitrant, the two remaining mules do not seem that much worse for wear. It is a fair question how the 200 lbs. or so load of the dead mule will be redistributed. (The excess weight being taken up with the mule's own fodder - no longer needed.)
Matt
The GM

Postby Vagnar Granier » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:24 am

Vagnar looks disgusted.

"What use my skills when a man dies 'fore I can even reach him a short walk away? The older man was clearly not new to combat, and had survived previous injuries as well. I did another quick view of the village and find nothing unusual, which is itself unusual. Should not people living close to the foulspawn have more in the way of protection or have the people here somehow waorked some magic to live in peace with them until now? And what means this 'Ramaalsen'? Is it a name or a place?"

"I also expect that my hopes of avoiding combat may have to be set aside but as I lack the build for sword and ax play perhaps one of you might begin to instruct me in the use of the bow, that I be of some use in a fight. I can probably trade for a bow in Kaldor or perhaps some tribesmen may have one to trade".
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:19 am

BTW, since just about everyone made a search of the dead man, I'll note he had no papers or other identifying objects. There are some stray threads at his belt, as if he had a purse, but it was torn off.
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:09 pm

Ulauf will consult with Igon on making funeral preparations for our Ivinian casualty. Once Igon has passed on the instructions to ensure a hasty passage for this man to Sarajin, Ulauf and Sven will begin to go about preparing for this man's funeral.

"It is only fitting that this man be prepared for Sarajins hall while we are here and not left for the carrion to feed on."

Once the unknown Ivinian has been 'buried' Ulauf will make his way back to the cottage and find a comfortable place on the floor near the fire and sit down and begin to check through his equipment.

After his equipment check Ulauf will take Jorst for another walk around the village in the last rays of sunlight and check to ensure the village is still unihabited except for our group and that no one or thing has crept into the village while we were off tending other business.

Ulauf and Jorst will make their way back to the cottage when they have toured the village and make themselves comfortable in the cottage.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:26 pm

The only people in the village are the warband ...
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:51 am

Igon gives last rites to the dead Ivinian. Later as the others go about gathering gear and settling in for the night, Igon thinks upon the name "Ramaalsen" and what they have to do with this... Was the man a member of that clan... or a victim?
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:00 am

After the service, Dragoran takes a stroll around the village to see if he can find anything worth note that he can examine and or study.

After his little stroll, he will make his way back to the warband and make preparations for a meal.
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:47 am

Laenvan adresses the warband after they have put to rest the Ivinian. "I find it only fitting, that we put also to rest our trusted muletier Soren..."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

PreviousNext

Return to The Game's Afoot