Halane 18, 730 - Approaching Fegyn

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:01 pm

You are right Laenvan, and I had not forgotten it. I do not think he would want me giving him last rites... Would you be willing to say a few worda as your people are... neutral in this relationship between us and the Jarins...
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:11 pm

"I will, after all, he was a good friend to me." When the moment comes to say good-bye from Soren Laenvan doesn't talk about the loss but off the happy moments he has Soren seen and lived with him, and he wishes him in good halean way nothing but joy for his afterlife.
Finally he closes with the words "Fare well, my friend, whichever Gods await you, Haleas smile will guide you."

Then he turns to whomever has attended with him and says with a big grin: "And now lets have something to eat and drink, and lets raise our drink-horns in memory of the fallen."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:11 pm

The village yields little of interest in the way of food, but the rations obtained at Leriel are still fairly fresh. The manorhouse being somewhat more spacious and comfortable, the warband relocates there to prepare supper. Once done, the food is laid out, and each takes his fill. Yet the taste is not in the food, and it is a quiet meal.

This village, like many of the others encountered, appears to have been abandoned. However, it was not in haste, and clearly the villagers had time to pack, to drive their livestock, and to move on to ... where? The village held no answers to that question.

[GM: Anything else before the night?]
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:20 am

Having finished his meal, Laenvan retires to get as much sleep as possible before his turn on the watch comes up...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:12 am

Ulauf remains behind during the burial of Soran.

"Damn Jarin, they are the cause of all this, you can't tell which side their on. Take every village we have passed through, they have all packed up and gone, where, not to any village held by us. Do you see them rallying to us to fight the southrons. NO! Have they rallied to the damn southron banner. Of course they have! So it begs the question, where have all the followers of Ilvir gone....."

"I will not take part in celebrating the life of a man I neither knew or particulary liked. Let's not beat around the bush, Soran did an admirable job tending our mules but he kept pretty much to himself. I will drink a toast to the Gray Slayer and ask that he guide, Soran to whatever god he worshipped. For like the man or not he deserves to be in the company of his god and I would not wish it otherwise."

With that Ulauf returns to the manorhouse to prepare for the evening...
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Vagnar Granier » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:40 am

"As we have no clue as to where the inhabitants went, save that they had time to take the livestock and other valuables and needed goods with them, down to the food supplies, I would suggest that we sleep tonight with an eye to defense. A strong location, perhaps with a door we can bar, and double watch?"
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Previous

Return to The Game's Afoot