Savor 3-8, 730 - in Tashal

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:07 pm

He wags a finger. "Now, I asked you first. You've done enough demanding for one day young man. If you don't wish to answer my question, then I'll be on my way."
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Igon Seld » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:35 pm

Igon steps forward and speaks in a calm and respectful tone...

"No disrespect or insult intended Sir, but our bussiness is for our clan and it is not something to be spoken freely in the middle of the square with someone we do not know, no matter how noble his stature and bearing is."
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:55 pm

The old man smiles paternally. "In that case, I shall be on my way." He gestures to the man at arms, and then heads off towards Mangai Square. The man at arms looks at the group, noting each man's face with a hard visage, and then follows.

The warband is left in the middle of the street.
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Igon Seld » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:32 pm

Igon turns to the group... "Lets be off and find some clothing."

Turning to Laenvan.... "Did you mark the old mans coat of arms? What clan does he belong to my friend? He seems to be someone of note."
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Jorst Seld » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:45 pm

"I thought that would lead nowhere."

"It appears there is little we can do here that will please anyone cousin."

"I agree, we should make best speed to another clothier, lest word of us gets around."

"Laenvan, perhaps there is someone you know here that may be willing to aid us, either a clothier or someone that could recommend one to us?"
User avatar
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:30 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ (Sydney, AU)

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:05 am

"Forgive me, Lord Igon, but... " Laenvan stutters before he catches up again. "This Sir was one of the Kings officials and the coat is the kings proper ones..." Embarassed he draws some lines in the dirt with the tip of his shoe.

With his disarming smile Laenvan continues has he got an idea how to safe the day. "If you allow, Mylord, I will catch up with him..." he takes a quick glance... to see where the lord disappears. "And try to arranage for a more prepared meeting."

You can well tell that Laenvan would best right now dash after the paternally lord but the etiquette requires that Lord Igon gives his accord.
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Matt » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:56 am

[GM: By which Laenvan is saying that the arms in livery the man at arms bore were those of the King of Kaldor.]
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:37 am

Laenvan Hawkeye wrote:"Forgive me, Lord Igon, but... " Laenvan stutters before he catches up again. "This Sir was one of the Kings officials and the coat is the kings proper ones..." Embarassed he draws some lines in the dirt with the tip of his shoe.

With his disarming smile Laenvan continues has he got an idea how to safe the day. "If you allow, Mylord, I will catch up with him..." he takes a quick glance... to see where the lord disappears. "And try to arranage for a more prepared meeting."

You can well tell that Laenvan would best right now dash after the paternally lord but the etiquette requires that Lord Igon gives his accord.


"I'm not sure that would be recieved well... hmm. A strange chance, but what it would lead to I'm not sure. I think it best to let it lie and stick to the plan. What do the rest of you think?"
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Jorst Seld » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:55 am

"I agree Igon, let us find a clothier and get on with our business. We cannot afford to waste our time, lest our audience date is set and we are not ready."
User avatar
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:30 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ (Sydney, AU)

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:22 pm

[GM: I'll need some input as to what the group wishes to do at this point ...]
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:27 pm

[GM: Or should I just move on?]
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:53 pm

[Player] I would say move on. I really don't see a need to roleplay the purchase of clothes, but if others want to do this, go for it. Igon will just go along with them.


James
Last edited by Igon Seld on Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:23 am

[Player] Whatever the majority votes for... :lol:

Andrea aka Tacitus Magnificatus
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Matt » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:34 am

After a few minutes of standing about in the middle of the road, trying to determine what next, the group asks a few of the passersby about another clothier and eventually they get directions. This clothier turns out to be down an alley and around a dark corner, but the local denizens - none of whom look altogether savory - give the group no trouble after a weapon or two are brandished. This clothier turns out to be somewhat less haughty, and somewhat less skilled, but he can do the job, deliver the clothing, and do it all by the end of the day for 600d.

The warband returns to the temple, somewhat less jaunty than they set out. After Horveal's afternoon service, in which Igon participates, everyone gathers for supper. Noticing that the party is less talkative than usual, Horveal inquires as to their trip and if all went well. Hearing the news, he beckons to one of his younger sons, and whispers something to him. The boy runs out of the hall. Horveal says nothing further of the matter.

About an hour later, after the meal has been largely consumed, the boy returns, and speaks quietly to his father. Horveal nods, and sends the lad off to the kitchen for something sweet. Grimly, Horveal looks at Igon and purses his lips.

"Lord Igon, your treatment today is galling but not surprising, but a royal official important enough to have a king's guard knowing you're from Orbaal but not anything else is. So I sent Halnir to snoop at the house of Maldan Harabor's cousin. The servant there told the boy that Sir Maldan left Tashal three days ago."
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:11 pm

Igon looks at Horveal in muted anger for a second then mutters... "Damn that southron bastard! I knew he could not be trusted."

After taking a few seconds to regain his calm, Igon once again turns to Horveal... "I'm not sure on how to proceed with this. I do not believe marching up to the caer and asking to see the king would result in a positive end for us. Is there anyone you know in the goverment that would be willing to put forth our request?"
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Matt » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:55 pm

Horveal looks abashed, glances about the long table, and then says, "I regret to say that I know of no one in such a position. But why can you not present yourselves? You have the commission of the princes - does that not compel you to stand for our own? Why rely on these untrusty southrons? Why not just 'march up to the caer?'"
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Igon Seld » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:10 am

"Normally I would do just that, but with Maldans interference, I'm not sure how much damnage has been done. I would prefer to have a friendly local voice introducing us."

After taking a moment, Igon continues... "How does one put forth an introduction here? I assume that we must climb the bureaucratic ladder before we gain access to the King... do we hire a herald to make introductions?"
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:54 pm

Horveal pushes a scrap of meat about his trencher, lost in thought. "I'm not intimate with the ways of kings, Lord Igon. There is a college of heralds here in Tashal, near the caer and the temple of Peoni, and they may know more about the protocol of such matters."
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:48 pm

Laenvan notices the absentmindedness of Father Horvael and so he dares to voice his concern. "Excuse me, Lord Igon, Father Horvael to interrupt you. I know where the heralds are to be found and can guide my brother-in-arms there." With this he addresses himself directly at Horvael. "Father Horvael forgive me my bluntness... I can't help myself but something seems to bother you. As your guest it is also our duty to help you where we can. So if there is a matter at hand, that at least I can help you with... feel free to speak your mind."
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:20 pm

Horveal looks at Laenvan. "It is good you can guide your warband to the heralds - that is not what I find troubling. No, it is the importance of your mission and that it looks in danger of failing." He clears his throat as if gathering his thoughts. "I have been in Tashal for many years, serving the followers of the Gray Slayer who travel here. I have almost none amongst the people of this kingdom. For you see - it is not that they fear us. It is not that they mistrust us. It is that they despise us. Why then should any of them help us? I fear that if you go looking for help, all you will find is scorn. The way of the warrior is deeds, and no one can speak for us but us. If you do not wish to present yourselves directly to the King - then what of this woman you met at the Tower Inn? Can she help in any way?"
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Postby Jorst Seld » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:53 pm

Jorst looks up from the remains of his meal "She may yet be our only help, in this forsaken city. It appears to me that the southrons have no stomach to stand up to the Thardans."

"Perhaps if we travel back to the Tower Inn, we might yet meet her again. If Fasha says we have no allies in Kaldor as well it appears to us now, we might yet have to look elsewhere, perhaps Melderyn. But should we attempt this?"
User avatar
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:30 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ (Sydney, AU)

Postby Igon Seld » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:13 pm

"Lets us attempt a meeting with the King. We will go with Laenvan to the Heralds and follow protocol. If the Kaldoric throne will not hear us, so be it. We will look for allies else where. If none are to be found, then we will fight on our own... mayhaps an invitation to the clans on the main. If our Kingdom is to fall, I'd rather serve under another Ivinian clan, who worships the slayer then bend my knee to those Thardic pigs.... that or a clean death with my enemies fallen at my feet."
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
User avatar
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:46 am

"To have a clear head for the meeting with the heralds I propose to call it a day, what do you say, my Lord Igon." Laenvan politly asks.
User avatar
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm
Location: Bern, Switzerland

Postby Matt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:17 pm

[GM: Unless there's anything else, I'll conclude the thread and start with a visit to the herald's in the morning.]
User avatar
Matt
The GM
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Weymouth, MA

Previous

Return to The Game's Afoot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron