Savor 3-8, 730 - in Tashal

The Public Area for the PBF

Postby Jorst Seld » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:28 pm

Jorst joins the rest of the warband in leaving the tub and getting himself dressed and ready.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:15 pm

Fasha says nothing while the group dresses, and she looks on with a slight smirk as Laenvan waters the courtyard. When finished, she says, “If you are to succeed in your mission Lord Igon, then you must at least know the players. The Earl of Olokand is none other than the King of Kaldor, and I’m sure His Grace would take it amiss to have his regal dignity overlooked, much less the bestowal of his earldom on Sir Maldan. For yes, I know you traveled down the Kald with the sheriff of Meselyneshire - how else would I know you were in the city? Sir Maldan went straight to the King and informed him of your news from the north before you were even settled in the temple. He is no friend of yours.”

“As to trusting me - I wouldn’t, were I you. You’ve already reposed too much trust in one man, and that has not helped your cause. As to my masters, it would not be worth your lives were I to reveal that, but I can tell you they are not of Tharda. You will have to judge for yourself if what I say is true, but I’m not so naïve as to think you would blindly trust me. Of agents, there are many in Tashal, as there are in any capital, and there are those who plan at this moment to kill you - if they can. I cannot help you stop them, but I can tell you who they are. I do not know what they plan, for they have only just learned of your presence in the city as I have. But I know they will try. For the Jarin, they hate you, do they not?
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:40 pm

"Be assured my Lady, I do not trust this Sheriff. It is true we travelled with him, but we had little choice in the matter... I did not think it was wise to ruffle a Kaldoric noble's feathers while trying to seek aid from his kingdom."

Pausing as in thought, Igon chooses his next words with care... "I sense a trap in all of this, and not just in this meeting, but what its nature is I cannot say. I have little choice at this time but to receive what aid I can... I'm sure your masters have no love for the north, nor should they... but perhaps the enemy of my enemy may prove to be an ally... for a time."

"What is your council at this time Fasha?"
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:03 am

Hearing this news Laenvan isn't pleased at all and his face takes a thoughtfull appearance while he goes mentally true a list of persons and contacts who may be of help in this time of need...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:05 am

[GM: Sorry for the delay - Harn bandwidth this week has gone to prepping for the FtFers this Saturday.]
Matt
The GM

Postby Vagnar Granier » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:52 pm

..grumbles a bit over ending the first real bath in weeks but...

...properly dressed and looking sharper than since he left his home...

MiLady, I am curious. If you have no interest in Orbaal then in what way would the actions of Tharda be disturbing to you?
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:04 am

OK, I'm back. I'll hold off on this discussion for a bit more to give those of you who've made private requests of me time to respond.
Matt
The GM

Postby Matt » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:33 pm

Fasha waits patiently while the men dress. Tyleare, not sure what to do, gathers the cloths and puts them in a corner. Then, realizing her blouse is still about her waist, she fumbles with it and makes herself presentable. Her nervous fingers take several tries before she can lace her bodice.

Fasha pays no attention to the girl, her flat, exotic face devoid of expression. Only her flashing gray eyes show emotion behind the mask, and they gleam in the flickering candlelight of the room. When the men are dressed, she regards Lord Igon. "My counsel is to take care in your deliberations. Learn what you can of Kaldor and who might seek to thwart you. You know there is a Thardan ambassador here? By now, he must know of your presence, and probably your mission. He may seek to join with the Jarin here in the city who have just heard of your arrival. I don't know what they plan, and it could not be too advanced yet, but I'm sure they'll try something." She looks Igon in the eye - he cannot help but look away and silently curses it - and continues. "They have before. Their leader is a man named Dafydd of Ewen - he owns the Seven Stars Inn. He claims to have been in the Jarin rebellion of three decades ago, and maybe he was. While I doubt they will try anything so long as you are safely within the temple of Sarajin, little excusions like this are another matter," she concludes with a gesture towards the tub.
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:30 am

Jorst appearing to take no notice of Tyleare says "Well Fasha, it appears we are between a rock and a hard place. What with the Thardan ambassador rallying the Jarin against us. We know of no Kaldorians that appear to support our cause as yet and you appear to be our only 'ally' here in Tashal." Jorst finishes with a slight smile.

"What is the name of this Thardan ambassador? As you know we are new here and without connections who amongst the Kaldorians might be willing to support our cause?"
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:40 am

"He is Lord Eddas Roulon, Baron of Stimos," she replies.

"Yet I do not believe he is 'rallying' the Jarin against you - they found out through their own contacts in the Royal bureaucracy. I doubt the Baron would be so foolish as to act openly against you. The Jarin can be hotheads - Lord Roulon is not. He might aid them covertly, but he would never openly ally with them. His role is to represent Arren II, not break King Haldan's peace."
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:25 pm

Jorst continues "Cousin, perhaps we should return to our lodgings and let Fasha access her contacts and await her reply. How does that fit for you Fasha?"

"We know no one here and we will waste valuable time trying to find a contact that may or may not be useful." Jorst continues "Let us make use of Fasha's aid." Jorst gives Fasha a wink.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:15 pm

"Is that your will, Lord Igon?" Fasha asks.
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:46 am

It seems to me to be wise council. We should wait and keep out of sight until we know more or are called to me the King. I will take you at your word Fasha and hope that it fairs well for both of us.
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Jorst Seld » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:59 pm

"Very well, we best make our return to the temple." Jorst moves closer to Fasha and bowing his head says "You know where we are, till we meet again may your god smile over you." Turning he makes his way to the door and before making his way downstairs give Fasha one more glance.

Jorst waits at the top of the stairs for the rest of the warband before descending....
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:03 pm

Ulauf watches with interest.

Seeing Jorst say his farewells he too nods at Fasha and says with a smile "Till we meet again."

Ulauf turns and joins his brother at the top of the stairs....
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:53 am

"Til we meet again," Fasha replies.

The group descends the stairs to the common room of the Tower to find it much as it was when they ascended - a touch busier perhaps.

Next steps?
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:14 pm

Jorst noticing that the warband is together, leaves the Tower Inn and makes his way into the street.

He looks to Laenvan to guide them home to the temple....

Jorst on entering the street takes his place near his cousin.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:38 am

The group exits the Tower, and makes their way down the street towards the temple. It is not late, and there are still many people about, though they give way before the large and burly vikings. A mongrel growls as they pass close by, but seems harmless, backing away from them as the Tashalans do. Igon and the others arrive at the temple unmolested.

Everyone is now together. Next?
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:23 pm

"Cousin, I would like to pick up a longbow while we are here. Given Fasha's warning, I think it would be better to go now than later, lest we give our enemeis time to organise anything against us."

"If we leave now we can be back shortly. Do you agree?"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Jorst Seld » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:36 pm

Turning to the rest of the warband Jorst says "If there is a threat to our mission we might seek Horveal's aid in obtaining the services of a tailor for our royal visit that will visit us here."
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Igon Seld » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:48 pm

Turning to Ulauf... "Get what you think you need cousin... maybe we can have some of the merchants come to the temple."
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:05 am

Dragoran sees his comrades return. Stopping his study, he wanders over to them and inquires if their trip was enjoyable.
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:09 pm

Ulauf with a smile gets Laenvan and prepares to journey into town to purchase his own longbow.....

That is if Laenvan is up to the trip?????
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Jorst Seld » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:16 pm

Jorst sits himself down at the table Dragoran is seated at and says "Our joureny was productive, not only did we wash the dirt from our trip off but it appears we may have an ally or two in Tashal as well as that many enemies....."

With that Jorst tells Dragoran off what unfolded during the trip to the inn.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:41 am

Dragoran sits and ponders the information that Jorst has revealed to him.

Looking Jorst in the eye 'It would seem that my talents may prove useful in any of the discussions between ourselves and the earl/king.'
Dragoran stops for a moment, it may be that I can also help if we encounter this lady you speak of, again.'

Turning to Igon. 'Do you think there is any way in which you can contact this fasha and invite her for talks here? Im hoping some of my skills may be able to pierce this veil of secrecy she has seem to have woven.'

Dragoran waits patiently for his leader to give him a reply.
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire

PreviousNext

Return to The Game's Afoot