Savor 3-8, 730 - in Tashal

The Public Area for the PBF

Savor 3-8, 730 - in Tashal

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:17 pm

Activities in Tashal, singularly or collectively ...
Last edited by Matt on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:26 am

My thoughts are that as we all need to obtain new clothes we all go together and as we will be travelling around town with this 'gem' we will need all hands on deck to protect it until we can get rid of it....

Once these things have been taken care of then I think we can break down into smaller groups and take care of any personal business.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:29 am

Once these priorities have been taken care of, Ulauf will see if Laenvan can spare some time to help him purchase a longbow of his own and return Laenvan's to him.

Ulauf will try to spend some time out of the city and in the woods, leaving the stench and crowd behind for the peace and quiet of the woods.
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:11 pm

Before the whole band mouves out to obtain new clothes or change jewels in a more suitable currency Laenvan bids, no, he insists that the party enjoys first the pleasures of a cleaning bath with the muscle relaxing properties of fine smelling herbs and warm water. For this he will make the necessary arrangements with their landlord and he invites the party to it (i.e. he pays the whole fun with his own hard gained money).
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:26 am

[GM: So is it shopping or bathing - the GM waits with bated breath ...]
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:20 am

[OOC - After this Barbarians have run away from a bath, who can belief that they are afraid of some warm water, Laenvan will take his bath, before he does any shopping and searching his brothers in arms. He IS civilzed...]
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:23 pm

Can't we do both....

Let's bathe first and then shop....sounds more like women than a tough, rough bunch of kick arse vikings..... :wink:
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Matt » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:42 am

[GM: Since the bath is both Laenvan's idea and party, let's say that takes place in a day or so. This will give Andrea time to return. Meanwhile, perhaps there's something others would like to do? Vagnar? Dragoran? Erdrick will seek out a cartographer in hopes of improving both his geography and his maps.]
Matt
The GM

Postby Vagnar Granier » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:29 pm

Vagnar is a city boy and eager to see the sights. He heads out with first intent of locating guild facilities, particularly his own. Perhaps he can even find a merchant who knows his uncle?

Matt, the bath will take a day or so? We're THAT dirty? :shock:

...Vagnar sniffs himself...eeewwwww...
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:48 pm

Dragoran informs the party that he will take this opportunity to visit some old friends.
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire

Postby Vagnar Granier » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:36 pm

My friends, I feel the need to see the city, see if I might restock on medicinals, and perhaps even find some guildsman who knows my family in Golotha. By now, perchance, they have become concerned as to my whereabouts, or at least noticed my absence.
They say I am mad...they make a good case.
Vagnar Granier
Squire
Squire

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:08 am

Dragoran returns from his jaunt through the city. Explaining that it would seem that his friends have moved on, he excuses himself and makes his way back to his room.
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:56 pm

When Laenvan finally finds all his brothers in arms reunited the next time at the table he approaches them with a big mischievous grin. "Ah, my friends, finally all reunited again. When you have finished your drink and meal I would be honored if you could follow me... for a little surprise I have arranged in the meantime..."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:14 pm

Laenvan having arranged for a bath at the Tower Inn, leads the way for Igon, Ulauf, Jorst, and himself. Apparently, there is a tub there, not much used, but large enough for four. Naturally no such experience would be complete without sampling the cuisine of the establishment, so the four of them take in a roast chicken, some fine pork sausages, fresh bread, and a smooth, milky cheese to accompany. All washed down with plentiful tankards of ale.

The Tower is a sedate inn, but bustles with the quiet hum of activity. The common room is by no means empty, being frequented by many travelers. Most appear to be journeyman and master guildsmen, though at one table two finely dressed young men girt with swords enjoy a repast. Laenvan has not completely forgotten his city experience in the icy north, and gleefully points out the girls in trade working the room.

Sepian of Ashel, the innkeeper, comes over to let the group know that the bath is ready, and that one of the inn’s ‘helpers’ will assist them - she turns out to be one Laenvan noticed earlier. With a hint of mischief in his eyes, he suggests to Sepian that it would be unfair for her to examine their wares without them having the opportunity to do the same. Sepian drolly allows that something can be worked out, and goes to attend to other patrons.

The meal finished, the group follows the girl - whose name is Tyleare - up the stairs to a room at the end of the hallway. There they find one of the rooms has been prepared with a large round tub set up in the center. Towels and cloths are stacked on a bench along one side of the room, and the tub itself is filled with steaming water. A few herbs have been thrown in for show. Tyleare points out pegs where their clothing may be hung, and bolts the door behind them. As they disrobe, she blinks not at all at the daggers and deftly concealed handaxes the group could not forbear bringing along. Laenvan pouts a bit to Tyleare about her garb, and eventually she agrees to ‘loosen’ her blouse for an extra tip. She unlaces it and lets it fall about her skirts, revealing a modest but attractive bosom. She takes a jug, and as the men get into the tub, helps with pouring hot water over their shoulders. The group is beginning to enjoy the soothing properties of the bath, but then Tyleare starts and drops the jug. The earthen vessel shatters into dozens of potsherds.

In the far corner there sits another woman. Dark of feature and complexion, straight jet-black hair falling over her shoulders. Her almond-shaped eyes gleam like a cat’s and their color is an unearthly gray. Her features are strangely flat, and though she is a woman of extraordinary beauty, none of them have ever seen anyone like her. Her simple black dress is slit up the front and rear revealing tight leather garments and a tiny frame.

“Welcome to Tashal, viking warriors,” she purrs in Ivinian laced with a slight, unfamiliar accent.
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:57 pm

Looking slightly bemused... "Goodday... is there something we can do for you? Or are you just wating for us to finish?"
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:12 pm

The woman laughs, a full, mirthful sound. She smiles as she does so revealing even, white teeth. Still smiling, she slips off the table on which she'd perched, and glances into the tub itself. She cocks her head, and smiles more broadly. "We'll see about that."

Then, she returns to the table, and says, "For the moment, perhaps we should confine ourselves to business."
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:41 am

"Ah, business, lovely one..." without any shyness Laenvan stands up to reveal himself in his full glory then bows to this intriguing beauty. "... every good business starts with an introduction. As you seem one of Halea's blessed ones let me introduce our happy band. First of all this handsome dark ivinan is Lord Igon of Seld, our leader, then with have this fine young man, Ulauf of Seld, and this well-muscled man here... Jorst also of Clan Seld. I myself are pledged to the Clan Seld but not of if it himself. No..." Lenvan gifts this mysterious woman with his warmest and most seducing smile, "I myself are from this wonderfull city, I am of Tashal ."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:11 am

She regards Laenvan; is it amusement which plays across her face? "I am Fasha of Nathasis," she says. "We have some interests in common, and I think it prudent we discuss them. Forgive my disturbing your bath - but when faced with four bold warriors, one must be careful."

She turns to Tyleare, and speaks to her in Harnic. "Why do you stop, foolish girl? Get another jug and continue with your office." Tyleare, still spooked, is so surprised she does just that.

Returning to Ivinian, Fasha continues. "I would like to discuss our mutual enemy - Tharda."
Matt
The GM

Postby Igon Seld » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:50 pm

Sitting back and continuing with his bath and in a calm, slightly bored tone... "And what is Tharda to you my Lady? I am curious to why they are your ememy and what you hope to get from us..."
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:00 pm

"To me? To me, Tharda is not the issue. I have no interest in who wins or who loses. But ... I do have an interest in Harn - and in the stability of Harn. Tharda threatens that stability." She pauses. "And I have associates who are very concerned over the present state of affairs. To be honest, we're not quite sure what to do about it, but that's where you come in. If I'm not mistaken you want Tharda to stay in Tharda. So do we. An all out war is something we'd like to avoid, but at the same time, the ascendancy of any one kingdom over so much of Harn requires action. You are men of action - that's less my forte. But I can help you here, and in so doing, help my own cause."

"I have a few contacts within the Kaldoric bureaucracy. Not too high mind you, but enough to ensure the right access. You have the credentials. You must know that there are Thardan agents here in Tashal who will work against you - I can help. In this way, we help each other."
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:46 pm

Ulauf sitting in tub was enjoying the attention from Tyleare until she stopped. Ulauf sensing the tone of the conversation taking a more 'sinsiter' turn merely watches the conversation and waits for Tyleare to return and once again commence her ministrations.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Jorst Seld » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:14 am

Jorst relaxing in the soothing hot water listens to the conversation with interest.

Jorst watches Laenvan with interest and secretly wonders if he has a chance with our new acquiatance. He doubts it but you never know your luck in a big city.

Jorst is reminded of a saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend..." he cannot recollect where he has heard it but thought rings true at the moment.

"If you know who we are and where we are from, then you would know who we travelled with. How can your contacts help us that the Earl of Olokand cannot?"

With a look to Igon, Jorst bows his head and says "Forgive me cousin if I have interrupted...."
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:27 am

"It is a fair question cousin, and one that needs an answer."
Turning back to their guest... "What you say is true, we want Tharda to stay in the west and leave Orbaal to us. And I have no doubt that their bloody King has agents here, telling the kaldorians everything they want to hear and spying on the rest."

Pausing for a second to give his face a last rinse, Igon rises and gets out of the now dirty tub and dries himself off.... "What assurances do I have that your not an agent for Tharda? Hmmm? Who are your masters? Arren is no fool. He would not want the forces of Kaldor marching north to support us... He could not take the chance of us succeeding in mission, no matter how small. I want to belive that we have potential friends here, but I'm not so foolish to blindly except it out of the blue.... not after what I've seen this Arren do."

After drying off, Igon puts on his garments, making sure his weapons are within easy reach..
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:42 pm

After this mysterious Lady and his Lord got into conversation Laenvan sat down to enjoy the bath and listening attentfully. Seeing his Lord leaving the bath, he hastens to follow suit... but with a certain dignity to make a good impression either on this mysterious and exotic beauty Fasha or the more wordly Tyleare. Having put his clothes on he checks the window and glances also out of it trying to spot any obvious or not so obvious person taking an interest either in the window or the inn. As to not arrouse conspicion he fakes emptying the pot - filled with dirty bath water and nothing else - with the usual warning in cities "WATER FROM ABOVE!" to give passersby a chance to avoid it.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:16 pm

Ulauf sensing that the bath is coming to an end, stands up and leaves the bath, he to dries himself off and gets himself dressed. In good Ivinian fashion he too makes sure his weapons are close to hand.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Next

Return to The Game's Afoot