Savor 10, 730 - in Tashal

The Public Area for the PBF

Savor 10, 730 - in Tashal

Postby Matt » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:04 pm

In the morning, after breakfast, one of Horveal's sons says a man claiming to be a herald has come to see the Selds. At the nod, he goes and fetches the man.

Two men enter the hall. The first, the taller, carries himself well, and wears a tabard of green. His clothing is meticulously tailored, and he sports a green velvet cap on his head with long black hair framing his face. He would be very handsome save for the pimched and pursed nature of his lips, as if he lived on a diet of sour fruit. The man with him, somewhat less natty of attire, carries a leather case under one arm, and is an average looking man with a fringe of brown hair about his pate. Both men appear to be unarmed.

The man in the tabard bows and says, "I am Herald Duren of Ballard. To whom do I have the honor of addressing?"

[GM: For the record, it should be one of the Selds who responds, not L. Naarin.]
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Jorst stands from the table he is seated at "Herald Ballard, I am Jorst Seld of clan Seld of Seldholm, huscarl of the clan. This is Lord Naarin of Lorkin." Indicating to the rest of the warband Jorst continues

"This is Igon Seld also of clan Seld, priest of Sarajin and son of our clan's Valhakar, this" indicating to Ulauf "is Ulauf Seld my older brother and woodsman of our clan's thran." Moving around the table he introduces the rest of the warband.

"Laenvan Hawkeye, a liegeman of our clan. Last but by no means least is Dragoran Shengaard, a scholar from Sherwyn."

Jorst waits to see if the herald holds out his hand in greeting if so Jorst accepts the herald's hand. If no hand is offered Jorst will pay no never mind.
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:44 am

Herald Ballard bows in a courtly manner. "It is my understanding Huscarl Jorst Seld, that you and your companions have need of a herald. Pray tell, how may I be of service?"
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:20 pm

"Herald Ballard, we have need for an audience with your King. We require your services to aid us in fulfilling this endevour."

"We are travelling as ambassadors for the Princes of Orbaal on a task of great importance to our realm." Jorst pauses and then continues "Are you able to assist us with this and if so do you accept this task?"
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:15 am

The herald nods. "I can assist with such a task, sir. The King holds court most mornings when he is in the city, save the tendays and Laranian feasts. If it please you, I shall attempt to present you at court in the morning. It is best to arrive early, as not all petitioners can be heard and unless you have some influence, it will be necessary to gain admittance through the Chamberlain. You should meet me at the well near the castle gate just before dawn. If this is acceptable to you, I shall require my fee in advance of 8 shillings for which you shall have my services for the remainder of Savor."
Matt
The GM

Postby Jorst Seld » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:55 pm

"These terms are acceptable. Very well Herald Ballard, we shall meet with you by the well near the castle gate before dawn tommorrow."

Jorst will arrange the payment for Herald Ballard.....

Handing over the payment Jorst adds "We look forward to seeing you on the morrow. Is there anything else you require of us now?"
Jorst Seld
Squire
Squire

Postby Matt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:54 pm

"There is not, Huscarl Jorst Seld. I assume you will continue to speak for your entourage, and I shall plan to present you in that light. Be aware that no weapons are permitted in the presence of the King's Grace, and you will be searched before entry. Until the morrow."

With that, he and his scribe bow, and depart the temple.

[GM: Unless there's anything else, I shall shortly move on.]
Matt
The GM

Postby Matt » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:24 pm

[GM: It's time to close this thread and move on (finally) to the audience. Before I do that, I'd like a show of electronic hands of those attending as things have been a little slow of late. I make the following assumptions:

Lord Naarin and Vagnar will not be attending. Igon Seld will whether I hear from James or not.

The rest, please just post yes or no. Only those posting in the affirmative will be considered present. I'll close this thread and begin the audience thread no later than Friday morning my time (about 24 hours).]
Matt
The GM

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:22 pm

Ulauf will not be attending....

Jorst will be there....
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:41 pm

Laenvan will attend but only as observer... and if the need arises as backup...
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:01 am

[GM: OK, two out of three, but with limited time. I think the best thing to do (since my own time is limited at the moment) is to put things on hiatus until after the new year. I'll be traveling by later this week anyway, and while I'll have my laptop, my internet access is going to be sporadic. So a safe and happy Christmas and New Year to all, and after the 1st look for the herald by the well. :wink: ]
Matt
The GM

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:45 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you and my our saga prosper in 2007... will have more time again then :lol:
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:11 pm

A Merry Christmas to each of you and your families and may you all have a safe and Happy New Year....
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:35 pm

Merry Xmas lads! I'm home for 4 days, but off again on the 27th... after that it will be 6 weeks, but I'll try to pop in from time to time depending on internet availability.

James
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Return to The Game's Afoot