Chendy for the FtFers

Where things not of Harn are discussed

Chendy for the FtFers

Postby Matt » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:04 pm

I thought I might do some explaining in the wake of Chendy, which I know was not quite what was expected. As you know, I rarely do canned adventues, and even when I do, they are typically 'molded' in some fashion.

A bit of background - Chendy was first released a decade or so ago, and it was originally a fan piece by some German authors. CGI liked it, and published it. The module was essentially in two parts: Chendy Abbey and an adventure entitled Dead of Winter. DoW had a number of components, one of which was political involving Rethem and Kanday and so obviously would be wrong for this campaign. However, it had other elements (the disappearing Laranians) that had potential.

But not for you guys. What amused me yesterday was something both Dave and Van remarked on was how odd it felt, almost as if you were spectators. It was obvious there were other people up to something and the several questions posed as to what you would be doing if you weren't there to assassinate the Serolans were indicative that you guys sensed something was not quite right.

And you were right. There was a canned adventure being run, but you guys weren't involved in it - the other group was. Essentially, I had another group of adventurers playing out Dead of Winter in the background, while you were plotting how to get into the Abbey. Where it might have gone had Ewen not brilliantly cut through that problem can only be surmised. But it was all good. 8)
Matt
The GM

Postby Lord Ewen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:43 pm

Thanks for the glimpse behind the curtain - harmless enough now that we have sidestepped what must have been a large amount of material :twisted:

The potential for us to have confused the activities of the other group investigating things, and the malefactor(s) behind the missing priests, is evident, and I hesitate to conclude we would have sorted it out before making some faulty assumptions :roll:

And why do I suspect we stood a good chance of requiring exoneration at the hands of the other earstwhile group? Yikes. (Memo to self: need to take a vacation from Laranians for a while 8) )
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:15 pm

Ewen wrote:Thanks for the glimpse behind the curtain - harmless enough now that we have sidestepped what must have been a large amount of material :twisted:

Hmm, I'm not sure you want to be calling attention to that ...

Ewen wrote:The potential for us to have confused the activities of the other group investigating things, and the malefactor(s) behind the missing priests, is evident,

Indeed, I would say that actually occurred ... :wink:

Ewen wrote:And why do I suspect we stood a good chance of requiring exoneration at the hands of the other earstwhile group? Yikes.

Heh, that assumes they would have had an interest other than convicting you. :twisted:
Matt
The GM

Return to The Common Room