My report on Tandir...

For Public Conversation out of the Game's Afoot Area

My report on Tandir...

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:18 pm

Well my friends, it appears that all is quiet in the town of Tandir this night. The town is quiet and is definately occupied, although the longhouses to the north near the harbour are empty with the Grey Slayers regealia defaced.

The was a light showing from the windows of the inn, the wall enclosure near the crossroads.

I think we have several options.

If we wait here tommorrow and watch the goings on of the town and see who lives here and what is going on. We can also watch the castle and see if we can identify who occupies it.

I shall go and forage for us in the woods to the west so that we may keep what for we have on us in case we need to take flight then we may not be able to forage as we go.

I think cousin Igon that I might take a closer look at the castle during the next night and see if there might be another way inside.

I was considering a plan of moving into the town late in the evening and making contact with the locals and telling them that the Prince of Orbaal is planing to invade by sea at Hoeg in 4 days time and that he is to warn all the other Jarin that they are being liberated from the southron oppressors.

This will either make the Jarin feel better in that they believe they will be freed if they are being oppressed or as I feel is the case, they will make contact with the southrons and they may send a force toward Hoeg in the hope of stopping our 'invasion' before it gets off the beach.

If the garrison of Tandir moves towards Hoeg it may make our attempt to infiltrate the castle that much easier.

I fear the down side to this of course is that they may send riders to call for aid and not move until that aid arrives in which case we could be dealing with more southrons in the area than we previously thought. But they may still move towards Hoeg to prevent the invasion or wait inside the walls of Tandir for the siege.

But I think that this is a small price to be paid if we can get access to the castle.

I think the first plan should be to see if we can make access to the castle first unaided.

Your thoughts my friends?
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:23 pm

They also may come looking for us if you make contact with the Jarin, before they send a force to Hoeg... if at all. Laenvan here also has a plan that is risky, but it should have a full hearing also.

But before we do anything, we should watch and see what goes on first. Patience my friends... Orbaal was not built in a day, and neither will our problems with the southrons be finished. I urge a degree of caution before we take a bolder step... lets see what there is to be seen.
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:08 am

As you say cousin, let us wait and see!
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:53 am

"As Lord Igon has mentioned it, here is what have come to my mind during my watch:

What if I would boldly go up to the castle and ask for employement... after all I'm a southern mercenary. As backup story I could tell that I have fought in the battle of Fjiga and then lost contact to my former employers - Clan Seld. Now I'm is seeking a new engagement to earn at least enough money to pay for my trip back to Tashal...

So, if I'm calculating everything right, getting in seems plausible enough, passing a message to you, as my true allies, should not pose a problem either... with my longbow I have a fairly good range that I can reach. But getting out..." a shade of concerne flutters over his face " this could get me in real trouble. As Ulauf and Lord Igon have said before, better wait for the moment and see if other opportunities open..."
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:18 am

Your plan has merit my friend, but as my cousing has said I think patience should be our war cry for now.

I shall go and forage in the early morn, I think I should rest some before I go could you wake me just before the sun rises above the trees, I beg your pardon my friends I feel a little weary.

With that Ulauf moves towards his pack and removes his blanket and tries to get some rest before the sun comes up.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Ulauf Seld » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:53 pm

Ulauf looks to his cousin and says "I feel that this man may be of importance here, maybe I should follow discretely and see where he goes I shall only follow for a short distance and see where he goes and on what business he is on. I think then if the day is late enough I might try to gain another look at the inn."

"What are you thoughts my cousin?"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Igon Seld » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:00 am

It may be worth a try. Do it, but be careful!
"We must drive the evil from our lands!"
Igon Seld
Igon Seld
Knight
Knight

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:10 am

"Good look" wishes Laevan Ulauf with a friendly clap on the shoulder.
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Ulauf Seld » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:36 am

"Thanks" Ulauf replies to Laenvan.

"I will try to be back before nightfall, Igon." Ulauf says.

Picking up his belongings Ulauf makes his way through the trees.
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Ulauf Seld » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:02 am

"Well my friends what now?"
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Return to Seld Warband Moot