Preventing Insult and Injury...

For Public Conversation out of the Game's Afoot Area

Preventing Insult and Injury...

Postby Ulauf Seld » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:48 am

Well my friends, I have been discussing with Igon the custom of these Kaldorians.

What do we know of them, what do we call their Valhakar's, are there any special greetings.

I know nought of these people. Igon has said that he has had no dealings with them. Is there anyone here that had dealings with them.

Laenvan you will be of great assistance here I think.

We should learn how to treat these people so that we do not unintentionally offend these people that we seek assistance from.

So what do we know of these Kaldorians.....
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Dragoran Shengaad » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:19 am

Well, I am fairly certain that Kaldor does not have 'Valhakar' exactly. They have Kings, Earls, Barons and the likes. There are specific titles that we should call these people by.

It would also be wise to remember that Kaldorians have knights, which as you know, are their armoured, and normally mounted, warriors. They also have a specific title to which we should adhere if we do not wish to cause offence.

If need be, I can open any dialogue with the Kaldorians, and introduce Igon as our leader, from there he can continue any talks which need be discussed.
Dragoran Shengaad
Squire
Squire

Postby Ulauf Seld » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:43 am

Ulauf nods his head in agreement "Sounds a good idea, I see what the Grey Slayer has put you with us. What do you think, cousin." Ulauf looks to Igon.
May Sarajin guide my arrow....
Ulauf Seld
Bailiff
Bailiff

Postby Laenvan Hawkeye » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:07 am

Laenvan nods while Dragoran speaks and then gives his own comment to the situation: "As Dragoran has pointed out, the Kaldorians use other titles than you Ivinians and they are very strict on etiquette an proper behaviour. You can even loose your head if you don't follow this etiquette..." After taking a sip from his flask the mercenary continues. "So, let me try to explain it to you... You have to keep in mind that they are not so tolerant as you Ivinians are... Allright then..."

[OOC - GM HELP! Where do I find the proper material? Do the Kaldorians follow the same etiquette as the French around 1200, more or less?]
Laenvan Hawkeye
Knight
Knight

Postby Matt » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:36 am

Laenvan Hawkeye wrote:[OOC - GM HELP! Where do I find the proper material? Do the Kaldorians follow the same etiquette as the French around 1200, more or less?]

More or less, although I obviously follow a more English example. If one considers the the example of the English aristocracy in the 14th century, that's basically what would be expected. Remember, however, Igon, Jorst, and Ulauf, though Ivinians, would all be considered high-born, the equivalent of a knight in Kaldor. I do not use the canon notion that knights are nobles - but they are gentle and form a group above the freemen and the peasantry but below the nobility. 8)
Matt
The GM

Return to Seld Warband Moot