Til The Tournament

Discussions regarding plotlines, paranoid musings, and other related ruminations

Moderator: Imarë

Til The Tournament

Postby Imarë » Sun May 21, 2006 2:41 pm

We now have a considerable period of time (a couple of months) until the tournament begins. Aside from letting poor Sir Baris heal from that wound, what are we going to do (just kidding Teddy)? I believe we should continue to attend the parties which Imare's celebrity has opened to us. I also think we should begin to prepare for a more active social calendar after the Tournament. We should arrange a good cook and supplies to host events that people will want to come to (different than Sir Danyes), food and beverage not commonly available. I think we should cultivate our host of the evening with Para at Galopea's Feast and perhaps Halime (Para said he was anxious to keep his body parts :twisted: ). At the tournament itself have a feast ourselves in Olokand. My thoughts are that we could develop a group of Knights which would place both Sir Ewen and Sir Baris into the upper strata to help us with the plan outlined by Para which is currently operating. Any additions/changes?
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Fri May 26, 2006 11:50 am

We also should decide what our actions will be in the events which Para has talked about. Will the two Thardan knights take an active role? Will they sit on the sidelines? Sir Baris would be able to wear his good suit if he does take part. What would be the roles of Bevan or Imare in such an event (not being the front line type)? If everything goes the way that Para and Lord Morgan think there would be opportunities for brave/gallant/surviving knights to move up in the hierarchy of Kaldor. Could two knights (even with retinue and the suit) change the outcome of what is planned? If Sir Baris is going what the #&&^%$ is going on, please contact the GM for clarification, it's a dusey!
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Fri May 26, 2006 11:57 am

At the very least, I should think Sir Baris and Sir Ewen sitting on the sidelines is a non-starter. They're not going to this tournament to spectate. They're going to win the damn thing if one of them can!

As to Bevan and Imarë, that's a different story. Bevan has some options open, but I think the elf will find herself the center of social attraction. :lol:
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Fri May 26, 2006 12:19 pm

I was speaking of the future events which we will not speak openly of. Of course they will fight in the tournament. Sorry if my speaking without being open has confused things.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Fri May 26, 2006 4:23 pm

Speaking for Sir Ewen (Sir Baris will have to weigh in when he's properly up to speed; I'll try not to delay the notes as long this time :) ), the requisite intrigue and skullduggery shall of course be brought to bear on all suitable occasions, but missing any action would be a grave lapse indeed. The art of all this, on the level of the individual character, is to marry the two realms of activity in a complementary fashion.
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Re: Til The Tournament

Postby Sir Baris » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:25 pm

Imarë wrote:We now have a considerable period of time (a couple of months) until the tournament begins. Aside from letting poor Sir Baris heal from that wound, what are we going to do (just kidding Teddy)? I believe we should continue to attend the parties which Imare's celebrity has opened to us. I also think we should begin to prepare for a more active social calendar after the Tournament. We should arrange a good cook and supplies to host events that people will want to come to (different than Sir Danyes), food and beverage not commonly available. I think we should cultivate our host of the evening with Para at Galopea's Feast and perhaps Halime (Para said he was anxious to keep his body parts :twisted: ). At the tournament itself have a feast ourselves in Olokand. My thoughts are that we could develop a group of Knights which would place both Sir Ewen and Sir Baris into the upper strata to help us with the plan outlined by Para which is currently operating. Any additions/changes?

Wound...?? Was Imare practicing with her bow near my hand?

Staying engaged in the local social scene sounds good to me.
Vemion delenda est.
Sir Baris
Squire
Squire

Postby Imarë » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:57 am

Does anyone have any ideas what to do in the short term? I am sure Sir Baris would be happy if Imare worked on her bowmanship but other than that all I see is shopping and going to dinners in Imare's future.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Arva » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:51 pm

...and just what is wrong with shopping? :P
Arva
Knight
Knight

Postby Imarë » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:11 pm

To tell the truth, nothing at all. The only problem is that Imare has no "sugar daddy" to pay for it. I was leaning more toward seeing if anybody had a way to increase our financial assets rather than deplete them. Mayham is also a popular vocation with our group and maybe someone wants to "go wild". I wait with bated breath...
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Lord Ewen » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:18 pm

Not sure what "Mayham" is, but I think it was on the menu last time we were at the Tower Inn.

If by "going wild" you are referring to some sort of rampage, I strongly suggest that we refrain from playing that card for the time being. If, on the other hand, you refer to Imarë picking up midgets in bars, I have no objection :twisted:
Lord Ewen
Baron
Baron

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:24 pm

I see that despite all my efforts, the sordid laundry will be aired ... :?
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:02 am

Hey, how many love affairs have reached epic proportions? I think the mayham was on the menu after our meeting with Para, I think everything you could possibly think of was available in Gaea's Feast (I think that was the name).

As for going wild, I do agree that it would not be to our advantage to do so yet. I was prompting others who enjoy things like bondfires and making elves throw migets through windows but in a less violent way (referring back to the items available on the menu...)
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Imarë » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:31 am

There is always time for good natured banter. I don't think this qualifies as "sordid laundry". Maybe as stories you do not tell in mixed company but certainly not sordid.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:37 am

Imarë wrote:I think the mayham was on the menu after our meeting with Para, I think everything you could possibly think of was available in Gaea's Feast (I think that was the name).

I believe the gentle knight was having some fun with words. Mayham being an amusing variant of mayhem. :wink:
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:22 am

If spelling is going to count, you need to get a spell checker. I am very lucky I get as many right as I do.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:40 am

Spelling does not count (although I do occasionally edit). Alas, much as I would like one, I know of no spell-checker available that works with the forum software.

However, I think Van couldn't resist the pun - surely you of all people can appreciate that. :wink:
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:59 am

Yes, I really do but I try not to let on.

On a different (yet torridly related) note, one of the blogs I was reading had the complete sex rules for a gaming system (in all, and I mean all, of the nuts and bolds details). It sounded like the rules for a new game like "Hookers and Handmaidens".
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Postby Matt » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:11 pm

Yes, hardly needed, but they exist. I've seen a D20 supplement somewhere on the topic. Complete with a "not for sale to those under 18" sticker.
Matt
The GM

Postby Imarë » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Some of the details I read would have had Halea blushing.

I think this has finally achieved sordid.
Imarë
In the Blessed Realm

Return to Plots Have I Laid ...